Morgan Stanley Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

first round phone interview
second round in person interview
third round and 4th round in person interview
5th round meeting managers
6th round meeting HR
7th round got the offer. nothing to negotiate though
the interview process takes very long. meet more than 10 persons in total. some of them are nice some of them are rude.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Both behavioral and technical. There were three rounds that started with a phone interview, and then two in person. FInal round had team building excersizes. Overall difficult interview experience, but rewarding whether or not you recieve an offer. The first few inteviews were very behavioral, but they threw some technical questions early in the first phone call- not cases but individual questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an interview on campus and then got invited back for a super day in New York. The day started with a group activity, then we had to say who we thought the leader was, then a writing sample. Following the activity, I had 3 1 on 1 interviews where I was asked different questions to gauge my personality. One technical question by on interviewer about accounting.

Interview Questions

• Can ethical requirements in a firm be too high?   1 Answer

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and got emailed about an interview slot about two weeks later. I interviewed with two people, a recent graduate of my school as well as a more senior person who had been working with the company for longer. They were very friendly and nice. I researched the position and MS but I had no prior experience with anything in the field. This didn't seem to be an issue as long as I could tie back how my resume applied to the position.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very unexpected. Mostly behavioral and walking through the resume, highlighting relevant experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school, had 2 in person interviews at my school. Was then asked back for a Superday in the NYC office. Everything seemed well and then I never received contact. Surprised that at such a high powered firm the HR department could just leave you hanging.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

On campus recruiting first round - half an hour of tell me about yourself and what do you know about this position. Pretty standard. I didn't get the position but I think they took about 30% of the students interviewed that day to second round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Started off as two 30-minute phone interviews. Then got called in for a 3-hour super day. The day begins with a fun team activity (unrelated to finance) for you to demonstrate teamwork, time management, and responsiveness to new challenges. Then 3 one-on-one interviews with an associate, a VP, and a director. 2/3 behavioral, 1/3 technical.

Interview Questions

• Why MS? Why credit risk? How do the IS/BS/CF relate? Describe a mistake you made. Greatest accomplishment? If you only had 1 hour to issue a credit rating for a company, what steps would you follow? If we were considering a loan to a cargo airline, what would you like at specific to this industry?   Answer Question

Received an offer from a leading smaller firm where I'll make a bigger impact and receive more attention.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through job fair. And after 2 weeks, received the phone interview. All questions are about differential equation or how to calculate the present value of swap legs. And one math question about the expectation, matlab code questions. The whole process lasted about half an hour, the interviewer is nice.

Interview Questions

• Black Scholes equation, and the price of call option and put option. Gamma and how to gamma hedge the options. Stochastic Calculus. Swap price. KMV model. No question about my education or experience, all technical questions.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

apply through school career website and interviewed on campus, 2 interviewers 30 minutes, go through resume and asked some questions quite similar with equity research, interviewers spoke pretty fast
    i am not that into this job, so did not perform very well

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

7 Rounds. Everyone was nice. They wanted to know 1) why they should hire me 2) How well I understood risk 3) Why I wanted to job 4) My technical skill set.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate primarily because I interviewed in an "employers market".