Morgan Stanley Executive Director Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Executive Director Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

My first interview was with Pimco. They liked me but they were looking for someone to travel 50% of the time. Not an option for me. They recommended me to their parent company Allianz. I interviewed with the MarCom head. He liked me - we had a great conversation. I knew it went well. Recruiter told me it went very well and they want me for one more round of interviews. It was mine to loose.

I was brought back for a day of interviews with: a peer,Sr mgr and 2 individuals I would be managing. The "peer" was a friend-of-a-friend and I knew that interview went well. The Senior mgr was selling me on the company - I knew that went well. The two staff members (both in the room at the same time) were the last interview. One of the two staff members was very skiddish about my management style. I am about streamlining systems. He expressed concern that my systems might would interfere with his creative process. I should have addressed this more aggressively. He was very close with the MarCom head and I think he put the kibosh any possible offer. I was told I didn't fit the culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you you are qualified for this job managing design and content when you have no experience writing content.   1 Answer