Morgan Stanley FAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley FAA Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was pretty simple. There were a couple of meetings with management, and it's nothing too terrible. That being said, I am comparing this to other intense careers and the interviews that come with those. I wore a dark suit and designer shoes, so potential employees should dress the same.

Interview Questions

• What makes you likely to succeed in building a book of business?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

FAA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2014.

Interview

The fifteen minute phone screen was scheduled almost immediately after I submitted to the IQ test. The test was pretty simple, straight forwards in nature. The interviewer was very nice and said she would push forward my application to a more in depth interview. The process was pretty reasonable, and I recommend it to most people.

FAA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview was by the local Branch Management. To be honest, it was short and he wanted to know my business plan for success.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was short, took less than 20 minutes.

FAA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Initial step is to complete an online test. This is supposed to judge the likelihood that you will pass your series 7 (You only get 1 shot). Than you are brought in for an in person interview. If you pass, than you submit a business plan and and another interview. In total it is a 4 step interview process.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to get business?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What is your contact base like?
      Answer Question

FAA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I was referred to the branch manager by a friend of my fathers. I already had a series 7 so they had me take a personality test which I had passed. A week later I made a business plan in detail with an overview of how I will bring assets and manage my time efficiently. Two weeks later I met with the complex director and branch manager and was offered a position. I received the formal offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, Just my prior experience as a registered representative. The director and branch manager were very friendly and happy to interview me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was shocked on how high the salary was. I was happy to have the opportunity and didn not care much about the salary considering you make a majority of your income from commissions.

FAA Interview

Interview

Referred to FAA program by employee. Signed up for account online. Filled out info. Had multiple interviews. Lengthy process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Canton, OH) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted by a recruiter and had phone interview. I then completed online assessment. Met with Branch Manager and then another meeting with the regional director.
    After recieving no offer I was informed that I was qualified and they wanted me but there was only 3 spots available. 1 was taken by a guy the branch manager recruited and the other two were filled by other branches. The candidates already had a book of business they were bringing to the table. I was told that in the next round I will be considered if I was still interested.

Everybody was very professional and nice. Good experience overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

The process was fine. You go thru an online application, and a few online assessment tests. You then have in person interviews, typically 3-4. It takes around 2-3 weeks. Make sure you have a business plan mapped out in your mind, as you will work on one for the interview.

Interview Questions

• I'm sure you'll be in at 730am as I am also in at that time, correct?   Answer Question

FAA Interview

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2013.

Interview

Branch interview, complex interview, business plan, complex manager interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Applied online. One month later had a telephone interview. Completed online personality and math test and created a detailed business plan. Was then called in for an interview with the Assistant Branch Manager as well as the Complex Manager.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. Just about process, history, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.