Morgan Stanley Finance Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Finance Internship Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a phone interview, a one on one with a regular Financial Adviser and then an interview with a Senior Vice President. Overall, the interview questions can very from team to team, since Smith Barney is made up mainly of independent advisers there's no set interview process.

Work Culture is very professional, must wear a suit everyday. Most interaction is with own team members, so can't really speak to overall culture.

Interview Questions

• Take me through you Microsoft Office ability, specifically excel skills.   Answer Question
  • What is an accomplishment that you are particularly proud of?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was working during the school year, so I was able to make sure that my work schedule would come after my school schedule. They are very firm on the wages, so good luck trying to negotiate that one. I had another internship offer at the time, but I decided to get a reputable name on my resume.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Finance Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in May 2013.

Interview

First step was a telephone interview. First in your original language then in English. Basic questions about your CV, motivation and skills.
    After that Assesment Center was the next. It started with a presentation about MS and the local office. Then a group exercise, we made groups of 6 and had to discuss the financial plan of a company and share the cash funds between areas, we had 30 minutes to do this. And of course we had to speak english, and 4-5 people watched the whole exercise and asked questions after we finished. And then we had 3 interviews, a 15-minute long HR interview, about your schools, plans, experiences, in your language. Then a 30-45 minute long technical interview in English, about accounting and financial topics, it depended on the person who made the interview, and a 30-45 minutes long interpersonal interview, about you, your skills, motivation, and soft skills mostly.

Interview Questions