Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online after which there was an initial phone screen. Next was a one-on-one phone call with the Associate Complex Manager followed by an in person meeting with him and the branch manager. During the process I had to complete a business plan as well as a 30 minute recorded online interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be your three primary target markets and what is the reasonable dollar amount in each you would be able to successfully acquire?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    Screening, folllowed by interview with supervisor and then supervisor of hiring manager
    The process was relaxed, generally revolved around background and fit with the role.
    They hire in batches (across all locations in the country), they're comgnizant that many will not make it through the training stage - 3 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montgomery, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was prompt to complete a 25 question logic test. The test honestly caught me off guard, was not too challenging as long as you don't over think it. After that I took a day in the life of a FA test, that was pretty easy since it was similar to my time working at a bank. I received an email stating that I passed the tests and would receive a call with a recruiter for a 15 minute interview. The interview was pretty weird and the recruiter seems uninterested and honestly I felt like I could have said anything and he would have moved me on to the next stage. After we talked he said he will forward me to the next process which is with the branch manager and it could take up to 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name three markets you plan on targeting to build your book of business   1 Answer
    • Why Morgan Stanley   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The staff were extremely friendly and inviting. I had to complete a application, online assessment, phone interview, business plan, and a panel interview for consideration. In the end I was not able to land the position because my network was insufficient to bring in $5 million of revenue per year.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very personable. Those involved took their time in not only making me feel comfortable, but also the opportunity for me to ask any questions. I appreciated the transparency of the process. Right now, I am in the process of making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about how Morgan could make me feel comfortable, instead of what I think I could bring to them.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2016.

Interview

I am currently in the process. Applied online and received an email for a digital interview a week after. Prepare yourself for this interview because it is not like a conversation but you will have to answer some questions that will be recorded.

Interview Questions

• Usually questions about a experience you had and how impacted you or how you overcome them.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy. Received a phone call from hiring manager directly. Asked basic finance questions and about my background. Told me what the position looked like and I started in two weeks. Didn't feel like they invested very much time interviewing me.

Interview Questions

• Do you have friends and family that will help jump start your book of business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

I contacted the local branch manager multiple times and never got a response. So one day, while is was in the area, i walked in as a potential client and spoke to the Assistant Branch Manager. In the end, i revealed that i was looking for an internship. The Assistant Branch Manager referred me to the Branch Manager and asked my to email him directly. I emailed the Branch manager and got an interview within the week. Very down to earth and stressful. Grabbed a cup of coffee and discussed the position and myself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think this position is for you and why with Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2016.

Interview

The first time and the second time Lisa Davis must've forgotten the interview was scheduled because both times she did not respond until after I contacted her... WELL after the scheduled time...

Interview Questions

• She basically disparaged my background and wondered why someone in the restaurant business would suddenly want to work in finance...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

So far, I have only had a phone interview, but I am advancing to the next step, which is to write a business plan and several in person interviews. The phone interview was basically just an informational call where I discussed my background and the recruiter ran through (very quickly) the two different training programs. She was very nice and answered all my questions except those relating to salary which would have to wait til the in person interview.