Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

Associate Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Richmond, VA) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview process is long, beginning with two exams that must be completed before you are assigned to a recruiter. Once assigned to a recruiter you will then be required to take a video interview where it is one sided and you only see yourself. You are given a set amount of seconds before it begins recording and you must answer. If they like your responses to the exams and the video interview to this point you will be called into the office for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Associate Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2013.

Interview

Short process with impromptu meeting. Unscripted questions and conversational format. My appointment was confirmed by the person who referred me. There was no prescreening process.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions. We reviewed my background and skills at current and previous jobs.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Did a brief phone interview followed by testing and then a final sit down interview.

Interview Questions

• How many people do you know with a minimum of 75,000 to invest   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Tampa, FL) in March 2010.

Interview

I have just had my 1:1 interview a couple of days ago. I originally applied in the beginning of December, received an online assessment the end of January, and was just called for an in person interview in early March. The interview mainly focused on my prospecting activities in my prior career (mortgages) and what clientele I targeted then. The branch manager here is extremely personable, and I feel the interview went quite well. He sent me home with specific goal and incentive information and told me to call with questions. He did not actually make a job offer, and I will be following up with him this week.

Interview Questions

• You need to develop a base of $10,000,000 AUM in the first 3 years. How will you go about accomplishing this?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Berkeley, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I had to complete two online assessments and one business plan before I was contacted for a panel interview. After my panel interview, they asked me to come in again as they wanted to make me an offer.

Interview Questions

After reviewing the risks and rewards of the position, the position was high risk. Unfortunately, the rewards were not commensurate with the risk.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Filled out application online with mini questionnaire, got a call back later that afternoon being informed I would be sent a timed assessment with 3 tested sections- sales philosophy, math, and I forget the last one. Passed the assessment with flying colors and was invited for an in person interview. Didn't think it went so well but moved on to the next step of interview process which was fill out a business plan template

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They matched my old salary for training so they pay pretty well

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Dallas, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

Very detailed as there are many SEC and FINRA regulations. They WILL do a background check so don't lie or leave out details. You will have to win over the heart and trust of the Branch Manager. If you have him or her you then you've pretty much got the cat in the bag.

Interview Questions

• Prepare a business plan. Then come up with a ton of people who you think will be prospects that you can call on. They prefer to see clients that will have $250K+ in investable assets.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can try and negotiate, but there is a set amount they offer all candidates. Just take it and move on. In the long run the differnece won't matter since you will be making the majority if not all of your money in commissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2010.

Interview

The online application included a few questions about your interests and experience. The next step is a series of tests. I got the email to complete the tests the day after submitting my application. There was a logic test, math test, and personality test. It actually took a long time (>2hrs). After that I was called in for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• The main topic of conversation was sales experience/ability/interest. The job is 90% sales (a lot of cold calls).   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Irvine, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview was with the Vice President/Branch Manager. He basically asked you how you would develop a business and marketing plan to acquire new clients. Basic interview questions like what are your strengths, why Morgan Stanley, etc... Being a Financial Advisor Associate is all about sales, so make sure you are outgoing and can communicate effectively.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had other offers so I was able to negotiate a higher base salary with them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Memphis, TN) in July 2010.

Interview

Called by Branch Manager Asst. to set interview. Interviewed for 20 minutes and passed to next level. E-mailed an assesment test and business plan to complete from home.