Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Compared to other interviews I’ve had in the past, the interview at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management was not that stressful. They ask a series of questions to get a sense of who you are, your skill set, connections and try to assess if you have what it takes to be successful as a financial advisor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be successful as a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and filled out their resume template. After filling that out, I was emailed to complete an online timed logic test. Once passing that, I was emailed to take an online day-in-the life situational test. Following that, I was asked to schedule a 15 min phone interview with 5 questions that give you 3 min each to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Financial Advisor   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

There were about 6 different interviews, and i meet with about 7 different people. The whole process took about three months. Everyone was nice and warned how difficult this position is.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the salary offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

2 in-person interviews: one with a Sr. Advisor; another with a Team Manager. The process remains ongoing. The next stage will be resume submission and another in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous experiences in Financial Services.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial introductory interview took place over lunch with a senior Financial Advisor. I had 2 subsequent in person interviews.: 1 with two additional Financial Advisors and the final interview included a Financial Advisor and Group Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe my prior experience in Financial Services.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Was very nice. Professional. Was very hard to obtain the interview because kept getting pushed off. Despite that everyone was polite and helpful. They make it look very easy and realistic to succeed in the firm. I would like to know the real success numbers.

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

multiple stages of interviews with you get hired took almost 4 weeks before. once hired you do get hired, you do get some of the best training the industry has to offer.

Interview Questions

• do you feel you can raise 15 million dollars in 2 years?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2014.

Interview

Was a very thorough and fair prices that took about 3 months overall. This gave them time to know me and me to know them and be comfortable with my career move. Probably the best interview and on boarding experience I've had

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

4 rounds of interviews

Interview Questions

• how will you build your business.   1 Answer

Negotiation

non-existent

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Two interviews, one with local manager, one with regional manager. Interviewing was what you would expect, with nothing unusual, involving an informative exchange of information.