Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 37 of over 4.8K interviews

Other10%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2017

Interview

Financial Advisor role generating new clients to sale financial products and grow your book of business. Very hard beginning process but longer rewarded. Phone interview with recruiter screening prospects that are qualified by company standards in this role.

Interview Questions
  • Phone interview
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in Sep 2016

Interview

Applied online then took an online test. It was an easy test that looked into how well you found number patterns. After two weeks I had a phone interview about basic questions, such as explain a time when you had a dissatisfied customer. One month later i had an interview with the office manager. The next step is to fill out a business plan and submit it.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time when you had a dissatisfied customer.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2016

Interview

They have you fill out a business plan on what you will do to acquire assets, then you go over that business plan with management and what process you will do to acquire assets.

Interview Questions
  • What will you do to acquire assets?

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Atlanta, GA) in Nov 2014

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and one in-person interview at a branch. It was not a very difficult process. You must be licensed for this position. You have a small window of time to pass the Series 7 exam after you are hired.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Syracuse, NY)

Interview

Very long interview process. I started with apply for the position on their website. About a month later I was contacted to complete the online testing. Part of the texting related to the series examinations to conclude if you would have the ability to pass the licensing. The other portion was more along the lines of personality and skills testing. I followed up with several people to hear nothing back. About a month later, I was contacted by the Branch Manager, who wanted to speak with me on the phone. It was an interview over the phone. Basically selling myself, showing confidence. Meanwhile he discussed my testing results. I was then invited to an in-person interview. I was required to bring a business plan. I went to the first in-person interview. This was very high stress. It lasted about an hour and ended with him setting a timer for about 2 minutes and told me to sell myself on why I should be hired for this position and what do I have versus the competition. After the interview concluded I was then invited to another interview at a larger office. During the interview I was informed that the first few years could be working on average 80 hours a week. He stated when he would leave the office, I would be expected to stay. After giving the position some thought, I declined the interview. Working 80 hours per week would be extremely difficult for myself at this point in my life.

Interview Questions
  • You will be dealing with many clients who are older than you. Treat me like one of those clients and explain to me what kind of life experiences you have that would allow me to trust in you to invest my life time savings.
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in Oct 2013

Interview

easy interview, 1 month process, 1 phone interview, if you pass you have to send your project for business plan, and then the final interview,

3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Vero Beach, FL)

Interview

First interview is meet and greet with branch manager. 2nd interview is a panel interview with 2 other advisors. last interview is with the complex business development manager or the complex manager. be prepared.

6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Orland Park, IL) in Jun 2013

Interview

The interview process was conversational, speaking about your experience, manager tries to get a feeling for your abilities and match. The branch manager was honest that this profession is difficult. Though the 90% failure rate did not come up in the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What in your experience makes you a good candidate for this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in Apr 2013

Interview

Telephone interview with general questions about what my experience etc. then an extensive online test. The test was not what I expected and was kind of confusing. I was called for an interview so I must have passed the test. In the interview I was asked general interview questions and I was given a week to write a business plan. In the final interview we talked about the business plan and that if I have friends who can sign up with me. I realized that I don't have that many....so I said good bye.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

Met with branch manager and regional manager for a fit interview. About one month later, went through a formal interview. I was then sent a link for 2 online exams--one quantitative (designed to gauge ability to pass Series 7) and one logic-based exam. Two weeks later, I was asked to complete a business plan detailing who I planned on targeting to bring in assets and how I planned to go about it. A month later, I was called back to go over my business plan and was given a job offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why should people trust your with their money? What are you going to do when your list of contacts runs out?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Interviews