Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Orland Park, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

The interview process was conversational, speaking about your experience, manager tries to get a feeling for your abilities and match. The branch manager was honest that this profession is difficult. Though the 90% failure rate did not come up in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What in your experience makes you a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation did not appear to be an option as I was new to the field. I would suggest asking how they help you gain clients and meet production goals.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online then took an online test. It was an easy test that looked into how well you found number patterns. After two weeks I had a phone interview about basic questions, such as explain a time when you had a dissatisfied customer. One month later i had an interview with the office manager. The next step is to fill out a business plan and submit it.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a dissatisfied customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews and one in-person interview at a branch. It was not a very difficult process. You must be licensed for this position. You have a small window of time to pass the Series 7 exam after you are hired.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

They have you fill out a business plan on what you will do to acquire assets, then you go over that business plan with management and what process you will do to acquire assets.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to acquire assets?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

easy interview, 1 month process, 1 phone interview, if you pass you have to send your project for business plan, and then the final interview,

Negotiation

real easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Very long interview process. I started with apply for the position on their website. About a month later I was contacted to complete the online testing. Part of the texting related to the series examinations to conclude if you would have the ability to pass the licensing. The other portion was more along the lines of personality and skills testing.

I followed up with several people to hear nothing back. About a month later, I was contacted by the Branch Manager, who wanted to speak with me on the phone. It was an interview over the phone. Basically selling myself, showing confidence. Meanwhile he discussed my testing results. I was then invited to an in-person interview. I was required to bring a business plan.

I went to the first in-person interview. This was very high stress. It lasted about an hour and ended with him setting a timer for about 2 minutes and told me to sell myself on why I should be hired for this position and what do I have versus the competition. After the interview concluded I was then invited to another interview at a larger office.

During the interview I was informed that the first few years could be working on average 80 hours a week. He stated when he would leave the office, I would be expected to stay. After giving the position some thought, I declined the interview. Working 80 hours per week would be extremely difficult for myself at this point in my life.

Interview Questions

• You will be dealing with many clients who are older than you. Treat me like one of those clients and explain to me what kind of life experiences you have that would allow me to trust in you to invest my life time savings.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for the training program because my friend had been hired and they were looking to add people to the training program. Even with a recommendation from my friend, it was a slow and painful process. The interviews were very easy but completing all the paperwork and getting the requied background checks took 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Their were none. The asked why you wanted to be a Financial Advisor? Could you work long hours? Are you confident you could pass the Series 7, 66 and obtain your Life Insurance License in a specif time-frame.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2013.

Interview

Telephone interview with general questions about what my experience etc. then an extensive online test. The test was not what I expected and was kind of confusing. I was called for an interview so I must have passed the test. In the interview I was asked general interview questions and I was given a week to write a business plan. In the final interview we talked about the business plan and that if I have friends who can sign up with me. I realized that I don't have that many....so I said good bye.

Interview Questions

• On average how much your family or friends would invest?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

My interview consisted of being put in an empty office with a phone. I called a number, role played trying to make an appointment with a prospect. Apparently that was all that was needed. I was told I scored the highest anyone had with their branch office and asked "When can you start?".

There was no resume review, no reference checking and not even a sit down Q&A. The whole thing took place with me standing in an open door with a manager standing on their feet as well and didn't even conclude with a handshake.

Anonymous Employee in Punta Gorda, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Punta Gorda, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online to their application. I then received a phone call to schedule an interview. I interviewed a few days later for an hour and then was offered the position after the interview.