Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I completed a series of online assessments and questions. I was invited to a luncheon and then, I was asked to complete a business plan. This lead to an in-person interview with one of the most conceited, ill-informed "managers" I've ever meet. He kept telling that he fired people regularly. He could not stop mentioning that when they joined the firm no one had done the amount of business that they had prior. He asked me to adjust a small part of my business plan.

Interview Questions

• After reading my business plan while I sat there, They asked me the name of a well-known organization that I am a part of. I just used the groups acronym. It is a group that people in his position are normally very familiar with. When I realized that he did not know who they were, I fought back the urge to ask if he was serious.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Atlanta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

recruited over from another wirehouse. you will be asked to create a business plan and have a list of over 1000 numbers you plan to call. Don't be suprised if takes months after an initial interview to finally get hired. No one at Morgan Stanley is in any hurry. Be prepared to talk about all the rich people you know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were willing to match my previous salary from another wirehouse.

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Vero Beach, FL).

Interview

First interview is meet and greet with branch manager. 2nd interview is a panel interview with 2 other advisors. last interview is with the complex business development manager or the complex manager. be prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Wayne, NJ) in August 2009.

Interview

Online or computer based application and evaluation. Brief intelligence type test. Meet with branch manager and another FA

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer and acceptance. Standard base salary for all trainees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Buffalo, NY) in June 2009.

Interview

The position was for financial advisor associate. It was an 8 interview process, with advisors and branch/regional managers. Also, required an in-depth write-up of your financial approaches/ideas/iniatives that would allow for success in the industry.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Washington, DC).

Interview

Went to a seminar where one of the managers spoke about how hard it was to get a job at Morgan Stanley. I applied and had 4 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• After having an interview with the sales manager, she wanted me to email her a business plan within 2 days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

brief review of my resume, not very detailed information in return

Interview Questions

• why have you changed jobs so often   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Seattle, WA) in June 2008.

Interview

Seemed to be interested most in personal interactions above all, since that will be what you're doing. Also, your current network is very important, as it should be for this type of job. The people are all very professional. The office is professional as well. As for work culture if you're a rookie, you better work your ass off.

Interview Questions

• what's your backup plan if you fail.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me how much I wanted. I gave them a number, must have been too low since they accepted right away.

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Brea, CA) in July 2008.

Interview

The first part is an online questionnaire that you complete to show your aptitude towards this career path. Then the 1:1 interview with the Branch Manager. This BM was very detailed on his descriptions on what to expect which I appreciated. Answered all my questions, and came off positive towards his own career with the company. This branch seemed very close knit, and approachable to other co-workers. Doesn't have the giant bank-disconcerting feel to it, more welcoming here.

Advice:
    Be well prepared to answer questions about your background and what you plan to do with your future.

Interview Questions

• From your previous job, give an example of a time when something went not as expected and you helped make it work out.   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5, 10, 20 years?   Answer Question
    • Where are your potential leads coming from once you reach production?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made an offer that was slightly lower than I wanted, I counter offered, and they accepted it on the spot. Of course I made a slightly lower push only because I really wanted to gain a footing into this new career path even with the lower pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Ontario, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Referred by current employee. Called Branch Manager and scheduled interview for next day. First interview with Branch Manager went well - lasted around an hour and a half. He instructed me to take the online skills assessment and personality test, which I did that night. He called the next day and we set up and interview with a Complex Manager the following week. That interview went well, lasted for roughly an hour. A week later the Branch Manager emailed me and requested that I complete a Business Plan, the template for which was attached to the email. Sent the email back, now I wait.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer