Morgan Stanley Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 3 individual interviews and 1 timed and observed group interview. There was an informal interview in the form of a networking session the day prior to the actual superday.

Interview Questions

• Deep down inside, what are you looking to change? How will that help/hinder you at Morgan?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Weigh all of your options if there are any. Decide which is best. And always emphasize on location.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview was three hours long with detailed questions. It was done by three people. First part was very detailed about your character, second and third part was very detailed about your knowledge on finance and ability to work in a high speed environment

Interview Questions

• Basic definition of terms. This was wildly surprising! Be sure to know terms!!   Answer Question

Long hours of work

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Was very good cut to the chase

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

The interview process took roughly 3 months from my initial contact to start date. I had one brief phone interview and 2 in-person interviews. During both in-person sessions, I met with several persons including my direct manager and the group manager. The interview settings were relaxed and very informative. Although I met with several persons, most of the interviews were broken into 30 min one on one sessions. I was also able to interview with a current member on the team in the same role. That interview was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• There were really no unexpected questions, however I was asked to perform a "typical task" during one of the interviews. I was able to complete the task, but it was just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked the amount I would expect. I got an offer about 3% higher.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2008.

Interview

It was for an analyst role, there were two rounds. First round was with 3 people, all non officers and hiring manager. Second Round was with two Executive Directors.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview consisted of two interview days each day consisted of three 30 minute interviews with different managers and executive directors of group. Consisted of basic questions why you wanted the job. What have you done previously. What makes you a leader. Any background in financial analysis or reporting. Tell me about your major etc. really quite easy

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you were leading and there were two ideas and you had to decide which was the best   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Santa Rosa, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process starts with a one on one interview and generally they take in a lot of candidates for these positions. The second round will narrow it down to a few candidates (in my case there were about 5-6). The questions are generally very easy and pretty open-ended (e.g. "Where do you see yourself in 5/10 years?") and less analytical in the first two rounds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Melville, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Initially, there was a phone conversation where I had to speak to the Vice President. He mostly asked me questions pertaining to school and the courses I was taking. After that, he asked several questions about my hobbies and interests. Finally, he asked me why I was applying to the position. After the initial phone interview, 2 weeks later I got called in for a second face to face interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Was contacted by a Morgan Stanley recruiter who thought I would be a good fit for a few postions that they were working to fill. My initial interview lasted about two hours of 1 on 1 discussions with the hiring manager. The Next week I came in for a second interview with a few directors.

Interview Questions

• In your previous position what a difficulty that you faced and how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

Asked a laundry list of very generic financial questions, i.e. what was MS stock price today? Walk through resume, explain your advantages and disadvantages, what would other people say about you etc.. Then became a bit more quantitative, quick math problems without paper, probability questions, and then general knowledge of the different financial products

Interview Questions

• During the middle of the interview they randomly ask what is 3% of 9.   1 Answer

Better offer at Goldman.