Morgan Stanley Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.2

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Champaign, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

the interviewer was nice. 1. ask about resume questions 2. math questions 3. python questions. first they ask details about my internships experiences before. then ask 2 math and coding questions. then he introduced me about how the working environment is and why he chose MS

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They call and do a phone interview, if you pass that they send you in to take a test, then if you do well in VERY random test you go in for a series of in person interviews

Interview Questions

• Explain an adhoc financial model you have built recently   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Arrived in a conference room with 7 other interviewees. Completed a group exercise with three other interviewees while the managers watched. After that was completed, we went through a series of three one on one interviews. Everyone was friendly and asked pretty standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you had to resolve conflict in a group or team setting?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Submitted resume through school's recruiting program. Two rounds of interviews, one at school and one at MS. Interview at school was a 30 minutes 1:1 interview that consisted of mostly behavioral questions (i.e., tell us about yourself, why are you interested in finance, how do you communicate with others…). Interviews at Morgan Stanley consisted of both group presentation (conducted with other people applying for the position), as well as three 30 minute 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Estimate number of legos in a box (box presented in front).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Call from HR representative, brief phone interview, then brought into offices for their Super Day final round interviews which consisted of four separate 1/2 hour interviews with members of various departments. Interview questions were surprisingly all very situational/personality based rather than finance-based. Overall, the process was not difficult, but it was definitely intimidating. Interviewed on a Thursday, received offer the following Tuesday. Quick turn around rate.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      How did you hear of Morgan Stanley?
      Describe to me the role that you are applying for.
      What do you think of our current business model?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had on campus interview, strictly resume questions. Invited to super day. All behavioral questions. Three twenty minute interviews and 1 group activity. Questions about team work, leadership, internship experience the company itself.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you were in a group and someone disagreed with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in November 2014.

Interview

there were three one on one interviews with different managers and directors and a group project that we were given a case and presented to the same managers and directors it took about three hours, but overall was not that difficult

Interview Questions

• All Behavioral questions - Example: Name a time you saw unethical behavior and how did you respond   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Each round of interviews was preceded with a Pre-Night, where you networked with employees in that group.
    First round on-campus interviews, standard questions mostly about resume and why MS.
    Second round was the super day, met with 4 different interviewers all asking standard interview questions, checking resume and financial literacy as well as knowledge about MS and the role. Had a group assignment that day, teamwork related exercise that was heavily monitored.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online on a whim. Received an email about 2 weeks later asking for a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled about a week later, after phone interview was over, while still on the phone was asking to come in the following week for an in person interview. Interviewed with five people in a row in person. Got a call, the following week with an offer. No negotiation on the offer and had to complete a background check

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy and slow. The hiring manager was great, but HR was very slow in the process. Ultimately, I received an offer, which I accepted. The interview itself lasted a number of rounds with different people within the group. Most of the interview was via phone with the last interview in person.