Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Glasgow, Scotland | Glassdoor

3.1

54 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

30-minute interview with 2 people from the company. Many technical questions about software, hardware and networking. No questions about "why Morgan Stanley" or "why should we choose you". After asking me about my experience immediately went to technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you find an average length of words in a string?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online and completed the tests. Received an email from HR telling me they would be giving me a call a week later. An HR girl phoned up but was rather rude and clearly not interested in speaking with me, gave me quick overview of the logistics of the programme and then asked me why I wanted to work for Morgan Stanley, followed by a question about what it is operations do. She obviously didn't like my answer (said I was being too vague) and when I tried to clarify what I meant she cut me off mid-sentence saying she would get back to me within five working days and hung up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Morgan Stanley?
      What do operations do?   Answer Question

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Easy. Application, online tests, telephone interview and assessment centre. Application takes a while, tests are challenging and telephone interview is like any other. Assessment centre has 2 interviews with a group assessment (very tense)

Interview Questions

• Think of time of leadership. Time of innovation. Outcomes for investment banking industry, threats/opportunities   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Psychometric testing, brief phone interview, longer, more in-depth phone interview, four hour assessment centre. Very quick and efficient process overall, personally prefer telephone interviews to video interviews other banks use.

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Phone Interview first, then 3 interviews in person. However, the 3rd interview never happened. Seeing how I've never heard back from the people who interviewed me, or from the recruiter, I guess they were just not interested and they made up their mind at that point.

I'm not disappointed about not being selected, that's life, but after taking a day off to go meet them I would think the least they could do is have the professional courtesy to at least send an email saying "You are not a match, thanks for coming".

Interview Questions

• Generic questions about Linux, Git, programming concepts, Jenkins, configuration management, continuous integration...   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled in the forms, did the tests, phone interview. Told I couldn't apply as I had a 2:2 bachelor's in Biology and my master's degree distinction with finance modules didn't change that. The interviewer suggested it was dumb but that's the rules. Obviously disappointed but this was on the first form I filled for them two months ago and they could have saved me a lot of time

Operatin Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

the interview process is straightforward and more about yourself, about your experiences and strengths analysis. have deep understand about what u learn from past and how to put it into the position.

Financial Controller: Compensation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I had an interview with two hiring managers. Overview of my cv and competency questions were average. However, they insisted on my work experience and asked to describe with details my tasks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you needed to make an accounting research.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Overall very good. Three tier interview process. First, Had interview with Vice President and Senior Manager. A lot of competency based questions, review of CV. Interview went over alloyed time. I read their most recent Pillar 3 disclosure and balance sheet along with links for community work and industry recent events.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Internal Audit role is at Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer
    • Describe situation where manager gave feedback and you had to change your work.   Answer Question
    • Describe difficult situation you faced? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Explain leadership situation?   Answer Question
    • What kind of controls would you imagine we implement here.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The first stage is to submit an application answering a few motivation questions. Then as soon as that is submitted I was invited to take online tests. Two days afterwards I was called and was invited to a strength based telephone interview, which lasted for around 50 minutes. I was called the following day and was invited to an Assessment Centre. The Assessment Centre was really nice and relaxed. I had two 45 minute, strength based interviews with a tour of the building in between. Then followed a group work assignment for roughly 50 minutes. The day also had a 15 minute networking break with other students on their Assessment Centre. Overall the process was quite enjoyable and the staff there were exceptionally friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? What do you know about Operations? What do you expect your day to day activities to be?   Answer Question