Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Glasgow, Scotland | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.2

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Overall very good. Three tier interview process. First, Had interview with Vice President and Senior Manager. A lot of competency based questions, review of CV. Interview went over alloyed time. I read their most recent Pillar 3 disclosure and balance sheet along with links for community work and industry recent events.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Internal Audit role is at Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer
    • Describe situation where manager gave feedback and you had to change your work.   Answer Question
    • Describe difficult situation you faced? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Explain leadership situation?   Answer Question
    • What kind of controls would you imagine we implement here.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

The first stage is to submit an application answering a few motivation questions. Then as soon as that is submitted I was invited to take online tests. Two days afterwards I was called and was invited to a strength based telephone interview, which lasted for around 50 minutes. I was called the following day and was invited to an Assessment Centre. The Assessment Centre was really nice and relaxed. I had two 45 minute, strength based interviews with a tour of the building in between. Then followed a group work assignment for roughly 50 minutes. The day also had a 15 minute networking break with other students on their Assessment Centre. Overall the process was quite enjoyable and the staff there were exceptionally friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? What do you know about Operations? What do you expect your day to day activities to be?   Answer Question

Delivery Manager Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received the automated email. After a couple of days HR were in touch to schedule a telephone interview. Had to chase a number of times after I sent my free slots. Day before the interview they sent me confirmation along with the job details I was interviewing for - a different one than I had a applied for (I had ticked the button allowing this).
    The role was not to my strengths so interview was a bit of a car crash.

Operations Off-cycle Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

it start with online application which includes all the basic information about yourself and some technical questions. After the application you have to complete an online test .There are three set of test numerical, verbal and numerical checking which is a unique but a easy test. After the online test there is a telephonic interview. It is not competency based rather a strength based interview . the interviewer have sets of questions and you need to answer each and every question with an example . As it is a strength based interview there are no follow-up questions so you need to give all the important information . Don't provide short answers. As I couldn't qualify for the next round I hope all this information will be useful.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Morgan Stanley and its competitors?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a telephone interview, then a face to face interview and attended an assessment day. Throughout the process I was kept informed by HR. I found the recruitment process to be a big learning curve as I was applying as an undergraduate with no practical work experience in this field. The staff at Morgan Stanley are welcoming and friendly which helps put you another ease. I didn't get a job offer, but will probably apply again in the future.

Interview Questions

• Describe the main characteristics of a LAN   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews at the Glasgow office, strength-based, each with 12 questions. Followed by a group discussion with 4 other candidates. Whole process lasted half a day. Interviewers very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was arduous and long, with several psychometric assessments, a telephone interview and an assessment centre. The interviewer asked many technical questions as well as personality based questions. It was quite nerve-wracking but I thought I had done well enough to pass the interview stage.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to intern at Morgan Stanley?
      Tell us about a market or a firm with great investment potential.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Application form including CV and Cover Letter. Online tests including numerical, logical, verbal and speed tests. 30 minute telephone interview with a senior manager from the department you have applied to. Assessment Centre is Group Project that includes a group discussion and presentation and two 30 minute interviews that are similar to the telephone interview. All interviews are strength based so look forward to what engages you, etc rather than focusing solely on past experiences.

Interview Questions

• What risks and opportunities do Morgan Stanley face? What is the purpose of financial reporting? How do you handle large data sets?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Off-Cycle Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online: needed to submit CV and Cover Letter, also answer four questions. This was followed by online tests: SHL numerical test, verbal reasoning and very fast paced checking test. Received a call after with an invite to take phone interview. I was interview by Vice President of Operations, it lasted for 40min. After passing the phone interview (received a call after one week), I was invited to participate in the Assessment Centre, which contained a Group Exercise and two interviews.
    Group exercise was interesting and went well, because other candidates were nice.
    Two interviews were a great experience, interviewers were very friendly and accommodating. In between, we had a networking session and a tour of the office.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? What day-to-day tasks you expect to perform? How Morgan Stanley differentiate themselves from their competitors? How does the role in Operations with Morgan Stanley fit with your future career goals? What is your biggest achievement so far and Why? Would your friends describe you as able to predict problems? How do you feel about doing similar tasks a number of times? When have you taken an analytical approach and what are the benefits of such approach? How does the role Operations play affect the rest of the firm? Have you ever changed your behaviour in order to adapt to different cultures? What do you think the importance of team work is? How do you push yourself through the hard times? What is your best learning experience from university? What are the main threats and risks is Morgan Stanley currently facing? How would you ensure the quality of your work meets your clients needs? How would you maintain a good relationship with clients? Tell me when somebody appraised your achievement? How would you anticipate the problem? What would you do to make sure that you provide excellent service? Have you ever suggested an improvement to the system? How do you feel about working in a regulated industry? Do you like working according to procedures? How much is self-development important to you? How keen are you to learn about Operations?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Submit CV and cover letter online, as well as answering 4 basic questions. This is followed by 3 aptitude tests (you have a 48 hour window). If you score well you get a phone call inviting you to a strengths based (no probing) phone interview with the VP of Operations (lasts ~40mins). Next stage if successful is an Assessment Centre consisting of a group exercise and two more interviews - both strengths based and each with two interviewers. Also get a tour and a chance to network with current interns. Group exercise was great because all other candidates were friendly and we worked well together, I thought. Interviews also are fine if you are familiar with the STAR technique. Interviewers very friendly and put your mind at ease. In the first interview the questions seemed to be a way for finding out your strengths and if they apply in Operations. Second interview was a lot more specific to Operations so make sure you know the basics about what the department does.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Morgan Stanley? Who are Morgan Stanley's main competitors and how do we differentiate ourselves from them? What is your biggest achievement so far? What are the main risks and threats Morgan Stanley are currently facing? How would you maintain a good relationship with clients? What day-to-day tasks do you expect to perform? When have you taken an analytical approach to something? How does this role fit in with your career ambitions? Have you ever handled large amounts of data? How do you motivate yourself? How would you ensure the quality of your work meets your clients needs? How would you ensure the quality of your work is to the same standard as other departments? Have you ever suggested an improvement? Do you think an intern should suggest an improvement to a system if they think they've spotted one? How do you feel about working in a regulated industry? Have you ever changed you behaviour in order to adapt to different cultures? How do you feel about doing a similar task repetitively? How does Operations affect the rest of the company? What would you do if you saw a colleague deliberately breaching regulations?   Answer Question