Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.9

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX).

Interview

One phone interview and one in person interview with a financial advisor. Basic behavioral questions, none of which were very in-depth. The basic questions you would expect from a behavioral interview.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

Then she asked questions about object oriented concepts, and operating systems. Finally, she asked me an easy algorithmic question that I had to solve it on a piece of paper and write the code for it.

Interview Questions

• Write the code for the two-sum problem in an efficient way.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Informal process, called for some technicals and behaviorals, then a super day. For the interviews, was asked why Houston banking, and then some light technical questions, barely any Oil and Gas

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very personable. Those involved took their time in not only making me feel comfortable, but also the opportunity for me to ask any questions. I appreciated the transparency of the process. Right now, I am in the process of making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about how Morgan could make me feel comfortable, instead of what I think I could bring to them.   Answer Question

FAA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was pretty simple. There were a couple of meetings with management, and it's nothing too terrible. That being said, I am comparing this to other intense careers and the interviews that come with those. I wore a dark suit and designer shoes, so potential employees should dress the same.

Interview Questions

• What makes you likely to succeed in building a book of business?   Answer Question

Registered Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 Financial Advisors and a Junior Advisor, then came back for a second interview to meet the other Client Service Associate on the team to make sure that we would work well together. Overall very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions weren't difficult. They asked about my experience and if I planned to stay for more than a year.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

easy interview, 1 month process, 1 phone interview, if you pass you have to send your project for business plan, and then the final interview,

Negotiation

real easy

Stock Broker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

This was an intense process with multiple days of interviews, including a very stressful panel interview. After several interviews, they said that I wasn't the right fit, and they wouldn't be offering me the position. I could tell that this was a test to see what my response would be.

Interview Questions

• In the final interview I was told that I wasn't the right fit, and they wouldn't be offering me the position.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

My initial position within the company was as a Client Service Associate. The interview with this position was a phone interview in which I was asked a lot of "get to know you" questions: What was your favorite activity that you were a part of in college? Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years? ... I was also asked a lot of questions about groups/activities I was involved in in college.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't really any questions that were blind-siding. They were all pretty straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

"We would like to offer you a position"

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

The two men who interviewed me were as unfriendly as possible. They ran through a series of easy behavioral questions. They seemed completely unhappy to be interviewing on my campus and completely uninterested in me as a candidate. Then they started with the technical questions. Almost every firm I applied to asked the same questions. These two men told me to get out a pen and paper and write a series of variables and percentages down. Then they asked me to walk them through the financial statements for year 0 and year 1. It should have been an easy question but I had never seen a problem similar to the one they had given me. I had no idea how to answer the problem. They simply glared at me with a blank stare.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the financial statements for year 0 and year 1 for the following problem....then listed some PPE purchased with half debt and half equity   Answer Question