Morgan Stanley Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, had to complete 3 basic online tests to complete the application. Contacted by HR for a short telephone interview followed by a formal telephone interview. Then invited for interview at their offices a week or so later

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus, another on phone, informal one during networking night and finally invited to super day. On campus one was an alum and was pretty average. Phone was more technical, asked to pitch a stock, asked about percentages, etc. The super day was nice. There were cubicles and must have been about 10 people. Not too long at all 20*4 mins. Some interviewers were more pleasant than others.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I got an email for a second interview, which was at the building. The interview itself was not difficult, a lot of questions on past work experience/skills.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Burlington, VT) in September 2016.

Interview

I reached out to one of the employees of this branch who put me in touch with a hiring manager. The interview itself was semi-formal with the questions mainly speaking to that of my experience.

Interview Questions

• What was your experience like at your prior internship at UBS.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

the usual interview process. after applying online, I received a phone screening a week or two later. Scheduled an in-person interview and later got the offer. the overall process was pretty standard.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was an easy process. The only thing that took some time was getting all of the online stuff cleared with the firm as an intern. The overall experience for this interview was good. I just wish I had started all of the online clearing stuff earlier.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It was a phone call interview with one of the financial analysts at the branch. The questions were mostly about myself and how I dealt with challenges in previous workplaces and how I deal with people. The questions were not too difficult. The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Morristown, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

Personality/culture based
    Not too many financial questions more just on my experience and how i would fit into the corporate culture at Morgan Stanley
    Few very common finance questions just to show you have a basic understanding

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career website and heard back for the initial screening which also took place on campus with a Managing Director. They had a full-time analyst there who talked about their experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Describe a situation where you had to work with other people and what your role was within the group.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Straight forward and simple. Prepare a stock pitch and know it inside and out. Prepare multiple questions to ask, which shows that your interested in the position. Know more then your expected to at your current educational level.

Interview Questions

• What would you invest in, why, and how do they have a competitive advantage?   1 Answer