Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,359 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,359 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Complex Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Met with three individuals at the local office location.. Interview lasted approximately an hour with several questions relating to the job and industry. The individuals were personable and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions related to the job and industry   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

A general pen test of mathematics programming mathematical finance as well as finance knowledge, followed by the phone interview, the process is quite long and I receive the phone interview 2 months after test

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Morgan Stanley for a summer data scientist internship. First round phone interview: I was first asked to talk about some highlights in my resume, then answered three questions.

Interview Questions

• One financial question, one statistical question, and one programming question   Answer Question

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line. I interviewed with six different people Two at a time for 1.5 hours. Interview was relaxed and friendly. Questions were more situational than technical.
    Overall the interview was good but timely for the position sought.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a difficult client?   1 Answer
    • Would I participate in community service?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

In-person interview. I was told I would hear back by the end of the following week. Never heard back, followed up and still never heard back. Talk about bad PR and bad HR practices.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through university and on the website. First round interview was on campus and then super day at their Baltimore, MD office. Both rounds was mostly behavioral questions, nothing technical. The group case was pretty straightforward - again, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in operations at Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Just finished the first round phone interview, 1 hr long, basically all kinds of behavioral and resume-related questions. The only technical questions were around VaR and BSM model. Still waiting for update on next round.

Ow Latency Developer FPGA/C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter. Had three interview plus phone screen. Last round was with MD. First rounds went well. MD however asked odd personal questions, ate his lunch during interview and was very condescending. I at first thought this was some kind of stress test, but later I realized he never wanted to fill this position. He talked about a previous project that failed and how that put him in a difficult political position. I wasted three vacation days to talk to these people plus travel/parking expenses. Not cool...They are still interviewing for this position. Waste your time if you want but be forewarned. They are also cheap. They don't know how much FPGA engineers in finance make. Hint >$280K/yr

Interview Questions

• If I called this guy (so and so that MD knew from previous job), what would he say about you ?   Answer Question

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume on university career website, and got an on campus interview. Then super day in the New York office. In the super day there were 3 rounds of interview, group activities, and panel discussion.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Interviewer was very polite and well spoken. Made sure I was comfortable and interview went smoothly. Also ran through my resume and ask a series of five to seven questions.