Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,449 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,449 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Trading Interview

Interview

Attended campus recruiting. I had 2 thirty minute informational interviews. Questions are mostly behavioral. After a couple of days I was notified that I moved to the second round.

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First, was a phone interview with a VP from the Prime Brokerage division in NY. If you make it past that, they invite you to NY for in-person interviews. The format was 6 back-to-back interviews at 20 minutes each for a total of 2 hours.

Prime Brokerage Interview

Application

Interview

Filled out application online. Had a phone interview within two weeks -- very basic, gave you a chance to ask questions about the company and the division. Then, I had a Super Day in NY with six 20-minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What is prime brokerage?
      - What is something you like to do in your free time?
      - Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult news.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a 30-min on-campus interview. I was first asked about resume and experiences, which lasted for about 10 minutes. Since I mentioned something about the power of ReactJS as a OOP javascript, the interviewer asked me to code in Java on that and explain what it does. For the coding part, only 5 minutes were allowed. The rest of the time we were talking about Morgan Stanley - interviewer's everyday life and projects.

Interview Questions

• Write something in Java that's related to my experiences.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

This a long process; First you take a test if past you a video and a phone interview and if you pass you get a face to face interview which you have to bring a business plan of how you're going to bring in business. After that you're interview by the office you would be working at.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Lawrenceville, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Process is rigorous. Online assessments, phone interview, video interview, then an in person interview. The position is marekted as entry level, but without a degree or previous experience, you will not get the offer according to the branch manager in Lawrenceville, NJ.

Interview Questions

• How would you build your network?   1 Answer

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

They had me scheduled for an interview through HR. When I got there and met the interviewer, he told me that this was not the actual interview and that it was just to assess if I was suitable! He asked me to come the following day. Waste of people's time I tell you!

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Technical questions and brain teaser

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round - interviewed on campus, applied through career website for a different job but got interview for this role. 30 minutes technical interview. Rude interviewers.
    2nd round - brought in for super-day. Had a panel, group activity, then brought into a room with 50 interviewers lined up at tables. Completed three 45 minute interviews. The first one went really well, second was okay, and the third went badly. Some of the interviewers were really rude and didn't understand the type of role I was looking for. None of the employees seemed very happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were asked to develop a poker game application. What kinds of questions would you ask and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to their super day, had three 1:1 45-minute interviews. The only behavioral questions I got for all three of them was, "tell me about yourself". 90% of the interviews were technical.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions ranged from knowledge questions (OOP, databases, your preferred language, operating system concepts, etc.), and some puzzles that required moderate comfortableness with stacks, linked lists, and dynamic programming.   1 Answer