Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1,310 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Interviewer was very polite and well spoken. Made sure I was comfortable and interview went smoothly. Also ran through my resume and ask a series of five to seven questions.

Quant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I have received the written exam invitation 2 months after I applied online. It's basically a group pre-test, focus on technical questions. Paper Exam with 73 questions lasts for 60 minutes. In the programming part, you can choose between Java and C++, or both, not so much about the code, but basic concepts and ideas of the programming. We have 50ish students in the 2nd section in the afternoon, they will get back to you within two weeks if you pass the exam.

Interview Questions

• A lot about the stochastic process, ito's lemma, Brownie Motion and probability calculation.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Employees came down to my university and did on-campus interviews. The interviewer asked very basic questions about my resume, did not get too technical. Was easy to talk to just didn't get a chance to stand out due to simple questions and volume of people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a failure on a team project.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I wanted to apply for the business analyst role but they had filled up all positions so I had to give the interview for app developer. It was completely technical even if it was the first round.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

Applied through university career site. Shortly after, I got a call from a representative to schedule an interview. She left a message without leaving her name or even what company she was with, so when I returned her call I had to ask, (as there are many companies I had been looking at and applied for) and she seemed offended that I didn't know it was "Morgan Stanley, a financial institution." On par with our first point of contact, she later cancelled the interview with another very pleasant voicemail, "Hey this is XYZ with MS, I'm cancelling your appointment. The position has been filled."

This rep was unprofessional and extremely rude. Although MS is a prestigious institution, I would not imagine that this is the best environment to work.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First short talk with HR on the phone (questions about CV). Then phone interview with employee. Basic questions (walk me through resume, experience) and a couple of brain teasers and simple coding problems.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First interviewed at a conference and was invited to an onsite super day. The process consisted of a panel discussion, a team activity and three rounds of interviews with engineers there. Pretty frustrating experience because ALL the interviews for the group of candidates happened in the SAME conference room. I felt that there was really no privacy at all and hard to concentrate sometimes due to other people's talking. One of my interviewers was apparently wrong about a run time analysis but he told me that I was wrong when I provided the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Using the object oriented design concepts, how would you describe the current conference room that we are in right now?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one brief phone interview with HR then was invited to super day two weeks later. On-site interviews consisted of four 1-on-1's with HR, a senior manager, and two VPs. They ask about Morgan Stanley's core values. Make sure you are able to provide examples of how you align with their core values. It took them forever to make a decision. HR was often unresponsive.

Fraud Operations Change the Bank Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview, VP was very dry but the overall interview seemed to flow well. Recruiting team is terrible with communication, they do not respond to inquires. After two weeks of no response, I noticed they reposted the job. So I will assume, I am not one of the chosen individuals.