Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,903 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,903 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The telephone interview allows both interviewee and interviewer to be in a more relaxed state. The interviewer can use the relaxed state to better gauge the interviewee, and pick up on things that may be disguised during the more formal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q1. resume-related questions: research, programming, statistics, mathematical nance,
      linear regression and data analysis.

Q2. At a railway station, the probability that a train appears within 30 minutes is
      99:999%, what is the probability that the train appears within 10 minutes?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First Interview: I applied for Business Analyst and she started asking me coding questions. I kept repeating it is for Business Analyst and I have some programming experience which I don't remeber of. But everytime she asked questions on coding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you solved? How you solved it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

The interview process was very extensive and a little on the crazy side. First thing they will have you do is take a couple personality test which took longer than i expected.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where I struggled to meet sales quotas.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

One one-on-one on-campus interview and 2 one-on-one interviews in their office with a group exercise. In the group exercise they look for leaders, so if you are uncomfortable with being a visible leader, you must show some type of leadership.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Multiple choice exam---> 3 phone interviews --> 1 phone interview---> Interviewed with two teams on site--->Offer. The exam was very difficult but I don't think the teams that recruited me ultimately looked at it.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online then get the first round phone interviews with 2 associate. One focused more on behavior questions while the other asked me a lot of accounting questions. The second round is a video interview with ED, most questions are testing my motivation. I think my answer was not good enough to get the next round. Wish you guys good luck

Interview Questions

• • Walk me through your resume
      • If you buy a PP&E at 120$, the period will be 12, what is the balance 2 years later?
      • Now you sold that PP&E at 120$, walk me through the three statements
      • You issued a convertible bond at 100 mm, walk me through three statements
      • What impact will issuing a convertible bond have on wacc?
      • Is the cost of convertible bond the same with normal bonds?
      • Any question you want to ask me?
      • Walk through your resume
      • Your career plan   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting site, had interview on campus. Interviewers were mostly friendly but to be honest I was nervous and screwed up. Interview was not hard though, just know algorithms and OOP.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Was referred by a friend and got an email letting me know I would receive a phone call. A week later I got the phone call.

First Interview

I was asked "Tell me about yourself" to which I gave this spiel about how I was intrigued by the intersections of mathematics and technology. Next I was asked "why Morgan Stanley" to which I responded that I appreciated Morgan Stanley's heavy interest in the tech sector. This was followed by some technical questions such as "how do you tell if a number is the sum of two elements of a list? What if the list was sorted" and "What data structure would you use to calculate the standard deviation" and something along the lines of plotting various y-data values for single x-data values.

A week later I get notified that I made it past the first round. The second round was two weeks later and had more simple questions on HashMaps, questions on BFS & DFS, Dynamic programming, checking if a string contains a substring, reversing a singly-linked list, some simple math problems etc. I answered all of them with one exception on HashMaps and their equals() and hashcode() contract. Know all about hashmaps before applying here.

Interview Questions

• simple questions on HashMaps, questions on BFS & DFS, Dynamic programming, checking if a string contains a substring, reversing a singly-linked list, some simple math problems etc. I answered all of them with one exception on HashMaps and their equals() and hashcode() contract.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a 45 minute long interview process. I was expecting more behavioral questions or something about my interest in Morgan Stanley but we jumped right into going over the technical aspects of my resume and clarifying the work I had previously done. I was asked a couple of coding questions and then some theoretical questions about Java, the language I was proficient in.

Interview Questions

• Asked how to find the most frequent number in an array   2 Answers

Summer Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview was very basic and behavioral - nothing too difficult. Interviewer was very easy to talk to - they did come out a few minutes late to get the interviewees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience and how it'll help you at MS   Answer Question