Find jobs for Analyst - Technology

Morgan Stanley Analyst Technology Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 225 of over 4.8K interviews

Recruiter5%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

Apply on the company portal, a very easy online hackerrank test for 60 minutes, tech phone interview, and a 3 hour final round on tech and overall ability. The final round is online and via zoom.

Interview Questions
  • What is interface in python?
    Answer Question

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in Feb 2021

Interview

3 Technical interviews of 1h and 1 phone call with the hiring manager. Most interviews were 2:1. The process took about 1 month. 3/4 interviews were in english . 1 of my interview was clearly harder than the other one, i wish you good luck

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about c++ and Java
  • Leet code question of my first interview: Best time to buy a stock https://leetcode.com/problems/best-time-to-buy-and-sell-stock/
  • Leet code question of my 2nd interview: Shortest path between each nodes with some constraint This question was very hard to code on the spot.
  • Leet code question of my third interview: Binary Tree Right Side View https://leetcode.com/problems/binary-tree-right-side-view/

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC) in Jan 2021

Interview

Applied through University website in November for Technology Analyst Program. Received first response in December. First round is 2 (1 hour) Technical Interview back to back (Simple OO concept, SQL and easy leetcode questions). Second round is 1 Technical Interview (Simple OO concept, SQL, easy-medium leetcode questions and math quiz) (1 hour) and 1 with hiring manager (1 hour). Got an offer in end January.

Interview Questions
  • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?
  • Basic Object Oriented questions (e.g polymorphism, inheritance, overloading vs overwriting, diamond issue with inheritance, etc.). How can you have multiple inheritance in Java.
  • Design Object Oriented class structure with inheritance and interface.
  • Design relational database and do some query with aggregations.
  • What are locks and threads.
  • What is memory leaks in programming.
  • Move all the zeroes on the right: https://leetcode.com/problems/move-zeroes/
  • Two sum question like leetcode: https://leetcode.com/problems/two-sum/
  • Best time to buy and sell stock: https://leetcode.com/problems/best-time-to-buy-and-sell-stock/
  • 2 egg brain teaser question https://www.datagenetics.com/blog/july22012/index.html
  • Convert a decimal number to binary: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/program-decimal-binary-conversion/
  • Find the biggest gab in binary: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62071362/finding-biggest-binary-gap
  • Reverse a linked list question: https://leetcode.com/problems/reverse-linked-list/
  • Find the largest *balanced tree: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-largest-perfect-subtree-in-a-given-binary-tree/
  • Display employees and their bosses similar to this: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7383753/is-it-possible-to-use-the-same-table-twice-in-a-select-query
  • Why do you want to work at Morgan Stanley? Why the finance industry?
7 people found this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

Application process with cv and motivation letter, online tests, phone interview (why this role, why this company, technical questions), then a set of two interviews (behavioural, competency-based) and a challenge.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Morgan Stanley? Tell me about yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in Oct 2020

Interview

The pre-screening test is on Heckerrank. The given time was 90 minutes. There are 7 questions in total. 5 out of 7 are multiple questions, the remaining 2 are coding questions.

Interview Questions
  • The test asked 5 multiple questions about computer science, like binary trees and http POST. There are 2 coding questions. One is asking to calculate the number of connections in an array in a given situation. The other is asking the subsequence array.
3 people found this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in Oct 2020

Interview

During covid had 2 rounds First round had 2 30 mins back to back, asked a bunch of trivia questions and basic leetcode Second round had 2 1 hour back to back, asked about a BFS problem and a type of sorting problem, and some trivia

Interview Questions
  • Fill in color coding problem Parking lot coding problem OOP design questions

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC) in Oct 2020

Interview

I had 4 interviews in total. The first round was a 30 minute technical interview on Zoom. The interviewer asked me questions about my experience and then followed up with some technical questions related to my experience. This was followed by an easy coding question. The second round had two 60 minute technical interviews. There were two interviewers per interview, one asking the main questions and a second "shadowing" the main one. I had to answer trivia questions about multiple subjects like concurrent programming, polymorphism, data structures and SQL. I had one coding question per interview. Both were common easy leetcode questions. The final interview was a phone discussion with the hiring manager to talk about the firm and check if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions
  • Explain the different types of joins in SQL.
  • What is polymorphism? Can polymorphism occur outside of OO programming?
  • What is a deadlock? How can you prevent deadlocks? Can a single thread/process be deadlocked with itself? How?
  • Explain what the GIL is in Python.
  • Can you have a memory leak in a language with garbage collection like Java? Give an example.

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC) in Oct 2020

Interview

There were three main rounds of interviews: First round: 30 minute technical interview, was asked a bunch of questions about data structures, pros and cons, etc. Was also asked one easy coding question (merge 2 sorted arrays) Second round: 2 back to back 1 hour interviews, purely technical. Each interview asked 1 or 2 coding questions, and more theory on data structures and algorithms. Also some SQL queries. Third Round: Non technical call with Hiring Manager. Asked about motivation for working at Morgan Stanley and interests.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

very nice! System design is a must know. Also linked list and dynamic programming. very nice! System design is a must know. Also linked list and dynamic programming. very nice! System design is a must know. Also linked list and dynamic programming.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in Sep 2020

Interview

This is the worst interview I've EVER had. My interviewers showed up 10 minutes late, started asking me questions on topics that I explicitly stated I had no knowledge. Then they made me SCREENSHOT the coding problem and type it on my own IDE, instead of sending a collaborative coding environment where they could see them type. I wrote my code in 5 minutes, and then they literally didn't let me test my code they just jumped into questions about garbage collecting and behavioral questions. THEN, they proceeded to grill me questions about security encryption even though I told them I had just started taking a class in it this semester. Worst interview ever.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 225 Interviews