Morgan Stanley Intern - Hourly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Intern - Hourly Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interview process was rather friendly and informal. I was interviewed by everyone in the firm at the same time. Each one of them took turns asking questions and allowed the others to ask follow up questions. They asked me about my prior work experience and whether or not I was used to dealing with failure. The process took no longer than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Long Beach, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

You met with a Financial advisor, he'll tell you you'll want to quit 90 times in 90 days, meet some more advisors, then they put you on the phone and start you cold calling. If you push back, and try your best, they'll call you later that day and hire you.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words.
      Can you see yourself doing this for at least 3 years?
      How does your major connect with this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Basic interview questions and review of my major/minor and what classes I took that helped with the job. What made me want to go into this field and industry, etc.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. I was connected through a colleague and sent my resume over. From there, I was phone screened for 20 minutes. I was asked to come in to their offices in Manhattan, and sat with their team for about an hour. They asked some questions, got a sense of whether or not I was a fit, and was given the position the following day.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the stock market?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2015.

Interview

Got this interview through a career advisor. The prospect of working for Morgan Stanley sounded great, so I was excited. Interview was a little informal, which was unexpected for a big company such as Morgan Stanley- but granted, it was also for an intern position. It sounded a lot like the internship position would be a lot of assistant work, and you aren't allowed a lot of permissions into their database and what not. Know what the stock market is doing- they asked me what the market was doing and why. Also, be prepared to explain why you want to get into wealth management (and don't say purely for the money)

Interview Questions

• What is the market doing?
      How are your typing skills?
      How are your communication skills?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview 5- 10 minutes, questions like tell me about yourself, what do you want to do in the financial services industry. then followed up by a sit down interview 20-30 minutes general questions such as 3 weaknesses 3 strengths, what do you plan to accomplish or learn from this internship, do you see yourself on the private or public side of the bank. overall went smooth nice people with positive attitudes. had a final third interview just to meet with another Associate and a few other people. we discussed hours, pay and what was expected.

Interview Questions

• 3 Weaknesses?
      3 strengths?
      Why Morgan Stanley?
      Public or Private?
      Why your school?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Morristown, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

I was basically just asked questions about myself and my interests/goals to make sure I was a good fit for the team and would be able to learn quickly and take on the tasks I would be responsible for completing. They went through my resume and asked a few questions about my past experience. It felt like a "getting to know you" conversation rather than an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Oklahoma City, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

It was one brief interview that was really just to get to know me. There are different types of interns at Morgan Stanley and I was an informal, hourly intern helping one of the financial advisors with his work load.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

1st round phone screen, second round super day and lunch with staff members. 4 back to back interviews that were relatively not too bad. A good mix of technicals and qualitative questions, DCF, LBO, transactional experience, etc.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Met with 3 managers, talked about company, job roles, very comfortable, interactive environment. The internship is only 20 hours a week so it is not a long term internship