Morgan Stanley Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

1,152 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round - interviewed on campus, applied through career website for a different job but got interview for this role. 30 minutes technical interview. Rude interviewers.
    2nd round - brought in for super-day. Had a panel, group activity, then brought into a room with 50 interviewers lined up at tables. Completed three 45 minute interviews. The first one went really well, second was okay, and the third went badly. Some of the interviewers were really rude and didn't understand the type of role I was looking for. None of the employees seemed very happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were asked to develop a poker game application. What kinds of questions would you ask and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard. 2 phone screenings + superday. They asked the expected IB questions including "Walk me through a DCF", "Tell me about yourself", and a few specific technicals regarding multiples in comparable company analysis and precedent transaction analysis.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through an agency. Took 2 weeks to confirm their interest in me. Had my first round, face to face on a Wednesday. Next was a phone call from a senior manager in England on a monday and a second face to face round interview the very same day.

They were pretty fast and efficient and not looking to waste time.

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through on-campus portal for the role in Baltimore office. Round 1 was resume walk through. Round 2 had 2 sub-rounds on site. It involved fair amount of technical questions planned to test the skills. The total process took around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume.
      2. How do you gel in a team?
      3. What is the reason for attrition in cyber security market?
      4. Current and Immediate future challenges for cyber security.   Answer Question

DCM Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Non-target school candidate. Did a phone interview for the DCM desk in New York, spoke with a 2nd year analyst. 30ish minutes, fair questions, but pretty heavy on technicals.

Interview Questions

• Which firm issuing new bonds would require a higher yield, P&G or Smart Sand--a young company the fracking space, and why?   Answer Question
    • Why might a company choose to issue debt over equity?   Answer Question
    • What is the Fed. Funds rate as of today? Why is that rate significant?   Answer Question
    • Describe duration?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First round phone interview was very easy--mainly resume experience and background. Moved to two in office interviews and then a group interview. Group interview is based off how well you work with various people under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why Operations? What experience do you have that will work well in team settings?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Referred by a staffing agency. The job description I got from them was very blur and I couldn't get the idea about what the job exactly work for. The interviewer asked for my previous internship in NYC and asked how I know about the job they offered.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Within one week after I applied, I got an email from a recruiter regarding scheduling phone interview. Process was clear and fast. Because their process is moving quickly, I had interview with not the recruiter but directly with an associate on the strategy team.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were either technical or activities from my resume that I have participated in.
      Some of questions I got is as follows.
      What is the lowest credit rating grade?
      What is duration?
      What impact does converting capital lease to operating lease has on balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

A general pen test of mathematics programming mathematical finance as well as finance knowledge, followed by the phone interview, the process is quite long and I receive the phone interview 2 months after test

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I feel like jobs in operations do not require a degree, it is something that could be easily picked up , anyone can do this job, with two weeks of training