Morgan Stanley Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Interview

Initially a call from the HR Recruiter, she went over more of the basic questions about previous employment and why Morgan Stanley. Then a call with the Business Development Manager, which he provided information on how the role worked and sent a business plan to be completed. Once they found the business plan to be sufficient, they followed by an in-person interview with the Branch Manager and Business Development Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on campus. The first round had 3 30min interviews with three interviewers, 2 ED, 1 VP. The first ED interviewer named Anthony Jung was extremely mean. Basically right after I entered the room, he asked me why they should hire me, what value can I add, what my GPA is, and then started to ask me if I have any questions. Along the way I asked him questions, he's extremely impatient and uses very rude languages. Worst interviewer I've seen in the workplace. I know this Morgan Stanley, but after 10 mins I know I don't want to work with this AH.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What value can you add?
      What's your GPA? What's your percentile?
      Do you have any questions?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online after which there was an initial phone screen. Next was a one-on-one phone call with the Associate Complex Manager followed by an in person meeting with him and the branch manager. During the process I had to complete a business plan as well as a 30 minute recorded online interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be your three primary target markets and what is the reasonable dollar amount in each you would be able to successfully acquire?   Answer Question

Fraud Operations Change the Bank Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview, VP was very dry but the overall interview seemed to flow well. Recruiting team is terrible with communication, they do not respond to inquires. After two weeks of no response, I noticed they reposted the job. So I will assume, I am not one of the chosen individuals.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    Screening, folllowed by interview with supervisor and then supervisor of hiring manager
    The process was relaxed, generally revolved around background and fit with the role.
    They hire in batches (across all locations in the country), they're comgnizant that many will not make it through the training stage - 3 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montgomery, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was prompt to complete a 25 question logic test. The test honestly caught me off guard, was not too challenging as long as you don't over think it. After that I took a day in the life of a FA test, that was pretty easy since it was similar to my time working at a bank. I received an email stating that I passed the tests and would receive a call with a recruiter for a 15 minute interview. The interview was pretty weird and the recruiter seems uninterested and honestly I felt like I could have said anything and he would have moved me on to the next stage. After we talked he said he will forward me to the next process which is with the branch manager and it could take up to 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name three markets you plan on targeting to build your book of business   1 Answer
    • Why Morgan Stanley   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Orlando, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The staff were extremely friendly and inviting. I had to complete a application, online assessment, phone interview, business plan, and a panel interview for consideration. In the end I was not able to land the position because my network was insufficient to bring in $5 million of revenue per year.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in India, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (India, TX).

Interview

There was 8 round of interview.

- First of three rounds were telephonic and technical in nature which were taken by Associate,Senior Associate and Leads. Be ready to answer technical questions related to your work environment and day to day job. Each of these interview lasted for about an hour each. These interviews are scheduled over a period of 3 weeks.

I was given with the results after a month and they asked me to comedown to MS office for a super day.

- 4th to 8th interviews were covered in MS office in a super day. Which accounted for 4 hours in total.

- Fourth and Fifth round of interviews was with Onshore manager and Regional manager. This was more of situation based and managerial kind of interviews.

- Sixth round was with VP who grinded me with lot of technical questions.

- Seventh round was with GM of respective department who was more keen to check my background.

- Last round was with the HR who will check your professional fitment,current salary details and expected salary details. Question like why do you want to move? Why MS? How do you manage conflict? Etc...

Recruitment team keeps very busy and the result was announced after about three weeks. I wasn't selected, but a memorable experience with all interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why MS? Why should I hire u? What was your biggest challenge in job? Tell me one thing not in your resume.How do you manage Stress? What are your positivity and negativity? What do you want to improve in you in next one year? etc..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very personable. Those involved took their time in not only making me feel comfortable, but also the opportunity for me to ask any questions. I appreciated the transparency of the process. Right now, I am in the process of making a decision.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about how Morgan could make me feel comfortable, instead of what I think I could bring to them.   Answer Question

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

A panel with experienced technology associates, followed by a teambuilding exercise and 3 45-minute interviews in a large conference hall surrounded by other interviews. Waited a week and a half for a response and even after sending an email asking for an update due to another pressing offer, they failed to respond with anything.

Interview Questions

• Explain how to print all elements of a binary tree in breadth-first order   Answer Question