Morgan Stanley Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Financial Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2017

306 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. Digital interview was something new for me and questions are mainly behavioral. I'm not sure that requiring young financial advisors to have a current network or you fail is the best way to go about things.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

You submit your information online. Their system is a bit dated in that you can't upload your resume and have fields populated automatically. After you finish applying online you have they make you take a "General Reasoning Test" and after you finish that test they require you take another test "The Financial Advisor Assessment". If you make it past these tests they then have you do a Digital Interview where you record a video answering a set of interview question. After they review your Digital Interview they then call you in and you meet with several people including the Branch Manager. After that they offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• The standard, why are you interested in becoming a Financial Advisor for Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Interview

Initially a call from the HR Recruiter, she went over more of the basic questions about previous employment and why Morgan Stanley. Then a call with the Business Development Manager, which he provided information on how the role worked and sent a business plan to be completed. Once they found the business plan to be sufficient, they followed by an in-person interview with the Branch Manager and Business Development Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Financial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 peers my age alongside 2 other interviewees. It was short, only about fifteen minutes. When it was done we put our resumes and transcripts on a table and left. We were expected to dress business professional.

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online after which there was an initial phone screen. Next was a one-on-one phone call with the Associate Complex Manager followed by an in person meeting with him and the branch manager. During the process I had to complete a business plan as well as a 30 minute recorded online interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be your three primary target markets and what is the reasonable dollar amount in each you would be able to successfully acquire?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Interviewer was very polite and well spoken. Made sure I was comfortable and interview went smoothly. Also ran through my resume and ask a series of five to seven questions.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Compared to other interviews I’ve had in the past, the interview at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management was not that stressful. They ask a series of questions to get a sense of who you are, your skill set, connections and try to assess if you have what it takes to be successful as a financial advisor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be successful as a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Quantitative Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. it took two weeks. Then I attended a written exam. One week later, I got an email said that I passed the exam. Then I was scheduled two rounds of phone interview, and one onsite. Failed the last one.

Financial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Davis, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Everyone gets a group interview.. There were 2 interviewers and 4 interviewee for my group. You need to stand out, be really confident(fake it til u make it!) and have a good gpa in order to be accepted into the program. The interviewers for my group weren't friendly at all and gave off a bad vibe

Morgan Stanley Financial Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Davis, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was not too bad. Required to pitch a stock. Although they seem to prefer students with junior and above standings. I think I did pretty well, but apparently was because of my class standing.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in finance?   1 Answer