Morgan Stanley Human Resources Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Summer Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through my university and received a time slot for an on-campus interview. The interview was 30min in length and went over very behavioral questions. Was notified about a week later with my decision

Interview Questions

• why morgan stanley? how/why is your accounting background a good fit for this position? Referred to the interests on my resume and asked about that   Answer Question

FT Human Resources Analyst (Rotation) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school. I had a first round interview on campus and was invited to a superday 2-3 weeks after. Pretty senior people in the HR division interviewed candidates and they were all friendly.

Interview Questions

• Interviews were all typical behavioral questions asking to reflect on my previous experiences. I also got asked how I would describe myself with 3 words as well as a sentence.

At the end, they brought every interviewer and candidate into a conference room and then showed a lego block model for 30 seconds. Candidates had to take notes and replicate it with lego blocks, which I think was meant for testing your teamwork skills. After replicating the model, we were asked to give a presentation on it as if it were a product and we had to sell it to the interviewers who were supposed to be board members in this scenario.   Answer Question

Human Resources Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Was selected for a 30 minute phone interview, that was mostly behavioral (though some technical questions). Then flown out for Super Day. Super Day consisted of networking event, group activity, and several one on one interviews. Group activity was challenging, we were asked to prepare for it in advance. Preparing is essential.

Interview Questions

• Q. Why HR?
      Q. How have you used your technical skills to accomplish HR goals?   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

There was a 30 minutes Phone screening interview. Same day we were informed if we passed to the next round. There was a networking reception before the 2nd round interview. The 2nd round was a Half a day interview based on a Team activity, in which interviewers observed how interviewees responded to change and pressure followed by 3 rounds of 30 minutes interview with different HR professionals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a project failed how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview

Came on campus for a panel/presentation. People were really easy to talk to and form relationships with. First round interview is pure behavioral, but make sure you have a lot of examples/stories prepared. Super day was 3 behavioral interviews, with one focusing on either analytical, communication and leadership skills. There was also a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you used Excel
      Tell me about when you had to deal with a difficult team member   Answer Question

Human Resources Full Time Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR about 2 months after my initial application and scheduled for a phone interview. The phone interviewer was really nice and joked about a "laundry list" of questions that she had to ask. I was only asked 2 behavioral questions and the rest were about my resume. I was not asked to go to the final round of interviews. I asked for feedback on how I could do better in my interviews, but the "firm policy prohibits this."

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied via campus recruiting. Had 1 individual, in-person interview with an HR Director. Then had a Super Day along with 20+ other candidates. They asked behavioral questions during the Super Day that focused on your leadership, influencing/persuasion skills, and ability to handle tough situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to influence someone more senior than you.   Answer Question

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2008.

Interview

There was a 10 minute intial phone interview that was very basic. A second round interview was on site and was four one on one interviews with upper level management each lasting about 30 minutes. They were not difficult. They asked very general questions and mostly wanted you to ask them some questions(no mathematical questions were asked).

Interview Questions

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interview: phone--> video-->video
    As I was in LA, I went to their LA office for video interview. The questions were fairly expected and the interviewers were friendly.