Morgan Stanley Investment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.3

112 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2017.

Interview

Really fair. Mainly technical questions in the first round interview. The interviewers were nice and paid efforts in leading your thoughts. Should be prepared to get DCF, multiples, mergers & acquisition questions. Besides, should be fully acknowledged of MS's recent well-known deals.

Interview Questions

Interview

quick process. applied in first round, two 1st round phone interview with an associate and a ED and one 2nd round phone interview with a VP. standard questions and easy-going interviewers.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview followed by a Super Day the next week, 4 20 min interviews, 3 behavioral, 1 technical; rejected the following day; straightforward process, difficult superday/mid difficult phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

25 minute interview. Asked typical IB questions. Know basics of 3 valuation techniques and you should be ok. HR was very bad in dealing with scheduling/follow up. Liked my interviewers and was told I did well then didn't hear anything for a few weeks, I asked them and they replied they were having HR difficulties so their process was delayed/messed up.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, walk me through a DCF, what are the three valuation methods, what do you do for fun outside of work   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2017.

Interview

Applied early and got a phone screen with a University alum. Call was pretty easy and basic, mostly fit questions and thought it went fairly well. Thought I had been rejected because I didn't hear back from MS until recently that I am through to the next round -- definitely got moved from early track to regular track though

Interview Questions

• Basic resume questions, tell me about yourself, what are some activities you do at University, Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Invest Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in July 2017.

Interview

Superday was four thirty minute interviews. Fairly behavioral in nature and not looking to scare you just normal conversations. Overall good experience, friendly employees and not something to over think. Just be yourself and you will be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Was emailed the night before the interview by an analyst. This was for the accelerated process. Short interview, 30 minutes with behavioral and technical questions. Very relaxed, with time left for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are the ways to value a company and which leads to the highest valuation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was through the phone and an analyst or associate just tries to get to know you better and ask questions about your resume. If you pass, then you get a super day where you get interviewed by a few people with more detailed questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, there's a resume screen. I didn't have any contacts, but I suspect that most successful applicants have their resumes flagged by an employee. After that, I had a phone interview with an employee. She was very nice, and asked basic questions about my resume, about "why Morgan Stanley?" along with a "what's going on in the markets?" Then, I was invited to the superday in New York. They pay for your transportation etc., but keep the receipts! The superday consisted of a total of 5 interviews over the course of a few hours, with a couple of breaks. All of them were one-on-one. The interviewers were of mixed experience/fatigue. I could tell that some of them hadn't slept much recently. The interview questions were almost all "tell me about yourself"-type questions. Very easy. Be prepared with the usual "why MS" stuff as well. I heard back three weeks later that I hadn't been selected. Overall, fine experience, fun interview.

Interview Questions

• "Oh, you study ____? Tell me your thoughts on this *recent political event that relates to your studies*."   Answer Question
    • Why Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question
    • "Tell me about *random achievement on your resume*."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Resume screen when I applied on campus followed by phone interview and superday on site at the Times Square office location. Nothing too difficult or surprising, about 70% behavioral and then a few questions on financial economics material

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would adjust risk for different individuals   Answer Question