Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 22, 2017

3.3

90 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2017.

Interview

Really fair. Mainly technical questions in the first round interview. The interviewers were nice and paid efforts in leading your thoughts. Should be prepared to get DCF, multiples, mergers & acquisition questions. Besides, should be fully acknowledged of MS's recent well-known deals.

Interview Questions

Interview

quick process. applied in first round, two 1st round phone interview with an associate and a ED and one 2nd round phone interview with a VP. standard questions and easy-going interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview followed by a Super Day the next week, 4 20 min interviews, 3 behavioral, 1 technical; rejected the following day; straightforward process, difficult superday/mid difficult phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

25 minute interview. Asked typical IB questions. Know basics of 3 valuation techniques and you should be ok. HR was very bad in dealing with scheduling/follow up. Liked my interviewers and was told I did well then didn't hear anything for a few weeks, I asked them and they replied they were having HR difficulties so their process was delayed/messed up.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, walk me through a DCF, what are the three valuation methods, what do you do for fun outside of work   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2017.

Interview

Applied early and got a phone screen with a University alum. Call was pretty easy and basic, mostly fit questions and thought it went fairly well. Thought I had been rejected because I didn't hear back from MS until recently that I am through to the next round -- definitely got moved from early track to regular track though

Interview Questions

• Basic resume questions, tell me about yourself, what are some activities you do at University, Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Was emailed the night before the interview by an analyst. This was for the accelerated process. Short interview, 30 minutes with behavioral and technical questions. Very relaxed, with time left for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are the ways to value a company and which leads to the highest valuation?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview after applying online through university followed by super day where they fly you up to New York. Pretty quick process since the recruiting timeline has been shifted up earlier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Began with 1 on 1 phone screen with analyst. Very basic/standard technical and behavioral questions, almost lifted directly from the guides.

Progressed to another phone screen with an MD. Again, mostly standard stuff, although he followed up on questions to test my knowledge and understanding. Was progressed to superday, although I had already accepted another offer so I declined.

Interview Questions

• What are the three financial statements?
      Walk me through a DCF?
      What are three reasons a company would have different multiples than one in a similar industry?
      What is your greatest failure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of July and had a first round phone interview in mid-August. Around late August I was notified that I was invited to Superday interviews. The Superday was four back-to-back interviews with one VP, two EDs, and one MD. One of the EDs was tasked with the technical portion of the interview, and the other three interviews were mainly behavioral/fit aside from some basic valuation questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • What are the different ways to value a company?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through the financial statements.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on their website and got a first round phone interview two months later. Walked through the resume and why I would like to work at Morgan Stanley and then mostly technical from there. About 12-15 questions and missed 2, but interviewer was helpful in explaining. Been approx. a week but haven't heard back.