Morgan Stanley Public Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Public Finance Analyst Interview Questions

3.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews and a super day- took about 2 months. Phone interviews were a mix of behavioral and technical. Super day was not technical at all- all of the technical questions they asked were already asked during the phone interview process. Super day was 4 back to back 25 minute interviews (the process is probably slightly more intense for the NY position).

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between corporate and municipal bonds?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

This was the first interview in public finance that I had. In hindsight, wasn't anything unusual until I was asked to give "color on the municipal bond market." I was very surprised to get that question in a first round interview and I'm surprised if any junior could have answered it well. I didn't get a superday from MS.

Interview Questions

Interview

They want to ensure that you know technicals and that you are a good fit for the group. That being said, if they see potential in you, they are willing to teach you a lot of the technicals.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Why do you want to go into public finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

First round face to face. Ask mostly motivation questions and past experience. Really dug into detail about past internships and follow up with technical questions. Asked about macroeconomics questions and public policy. Very broad. Why public finance is very difficult to answer. The interviewer was very serious and had a poker face.

Public Finance Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

It includes a lot of resume questions on the first round. Second round is more quantitative and technical based. It is based more on legal knowledge than public finance knowledge public finance also deals a lot with the government

Interview Questions

• What do you think about financial institution? What is risk in the institution now.   Answer Question

Public Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

it seems that the interviewer was not interested by my resume, asked a bunch of questions about bond and public finance.