Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018
2,951 Interview Reviews

3.1

Wealth Management Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

4 interviews at super day. 1 technical – what's the current price of oil, what's going on in the markets etc, 1 case study, 2 behavioral. Know current events and be well-informed and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Where's the S&P 500 at? What do you do to keep up with the markets?   Answer Question

IED Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply through on campus interview. 3 rounds in total. Final round with 3 back and back interviews. In generally, the process took around 1 month. First round typically with a associate and then second interview with a VP or ED.

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)).

Interview

i had a phone interview followed by an assessment centre that took place at their office in London. there i had 2 interviews - technical and non technical, followed by a group exxercise on a showcase given on the day

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed on campus. Then interviewed at office downtown along with others. Did not hear back for months, even after they said you would be contacted in six weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Operations? Why do you want to work at Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Phone Interview- very relaxed, interviewer was very nice, took about 20min, just to get to know candidate and decide who gets second round interview
    10 minutes of me answering questions, 10 minutes of me asking interviewer questions

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Mainly commercial awareness with an emphasis on current market news/knowledge. There were also a few standard competency questions but nothing new there. No questions which were out of the ordinary

FAA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

online tests, phone interview, video interview. the first test is an iq logic test that gets increasingly harder. second online interview is a day in the life scenario of questions that you have to feel out as if you are currently working as an FAA

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with a recruiter over a phone call, then was scheduled to come in office for an official interview. In office, I interviewed with three different individuals. They were not all people that I was going to work for, because they like to keep things unbiased. Overall interview was comfortable and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Some say that working within Operations is mundane and boring. How do you feel about this?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through my college career services website. Got an one on one campus interview with a someone in the operations department. Did not get a second interview. Overall positive experience, interview interested in my major/time abroad.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Long Beach, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Quick 15 minute interview that consisted of talking about my experience and personality. Nothing difficult they just want to see if you have the personality and grit to cold call.