Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017
2,904 Interview Reviews

3.1

Industrial Placement Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online having attended several on campus days. Received online tests and then proceeded to phone interview, which was strength based and quite relaxed, asking about CV stuff.
    Then proceeded to assessment day at Canary Wharf offices. Was a lot more relaxed than I expected, with a surprise case study, but I actually enjoyed that. Also a group exercise about company's values then a 1:2 interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2015.

Interview

Numerous interviews over a few weeks, all remote. HR type questions first, then technical questions (basic probability/statistics, algorithms, brain teasers), with future boss and boss of boss and numerous colleagues. Received offer relatively quickly but start date was delayed by 2 months employer at the last minute.

Interview Questions

• Given a stick that is randombly broken in 2 places, what is the probability that the pieces can form a triangle?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

applied online. Did 3 psychometric tests, then had a telephone interview (mostly technical questions), after that I was invited for a face-to-face interview with a VP (go through cv, and technical questions).

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in November 2017.

Interview

3 rounds, one basic screening, one technical interview on phone. The last round was in person, an hour long technical interview, half an hour with the Project Manager, half an hour with HR. Everyone was friendly, it was a nice experience overall.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Had a written round. 2 coding questions and general aptitude questions. Had 4 rounds in total where 1st round consisted of general technical questions ranging from algorithms, operating systems, database and a lot from Java.

Business Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application on Morgan Stanley's website for a technology analyst role, and after my resume was revised, I was invited for a Super Day with a few of their analysts and business analysts.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2017.

Interview

4 online tests - the last online test ‘numerical checking’ was numbers on the screen and you had to choose which of the multiple choice options had the same numbers in the same order within 10 seconds - it was very stressful and a weird test

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Usual interview process for laterals. 5-7 rounds of interview. Initial rounds could be telephonic / skype. Process is smooth but takes time. Round before HR is pseudo HR round.

Interview Questions

• Data structures, algorithms, oops   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application online and completed the tests. Received an email from HR telling me they would be giving me a call a week later. An HR girl phoned up but was rather rude and clearly not interested in speaking with me, gave me quick overview of the logistics of the programme and then asked me why I wanted to work for Morgan Stanley, followed by a question about what it is operations do. She obviously didn't like my answer (said I was being too vague) and when I tried to clarify what I meant she cut me off mid-sentence saying she would get back to me within five working days and hung up.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Morgan Stanley?
      What do operations do?   Answer Question

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The telephone interview allows both interviewee and interviewer to be in a more relaxed state. The interviewer can use the relaxed state to better gauge the interviewee, and pick up on things that may be disguised during the more formal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q1. resume-related questions: research, programming, statistics, mathematical nance,
      linear regression and data analysis.

Q2. At a railway station, the probability that a train appears within 30 minutes is
      99:999%, what is the probability that the train appears within 10 minutes?   Answer Question