Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,568 Interview Reviews

3.1

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Arrived in a conference room with 7 other interviewees. Completed a group exercise with three other interviewees while the managers watched. After that was completed, we went through a series of three one on one interviews. Everyone was friendly and asked pretty standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• When is a time that you had to resolve conflict in a group or team setting?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Pune (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was good.
    Initially we had a hacker rank programs to solve. There were three programs to be solved and few MCQs.
    Upon clearing this had two telephonic technical rounds.
    After that one face to face professional fitment round which includes technical as well as behavioral questions.
    On the same day got a call regarding the selection.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through their website in early Fall and was invited to a Super Day in December. MS already had another Super Day for this program in October. The Super Day consisted of 4 20 minute interviews with one break. The first interviewer was extremely picky, persistent, and serious. He asked tough math questions and brainteasers that could be prepared for using Vault Guides/online resources. The other 3 were more pleasant; mostly asking behavioral and resume questions about my experiences, with a few general market and technical questions. Those that were accepted heard back right after the weekend. Got the rejection call a month later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Varanasi (India)).

Interview

Campus Interview Process
    After a presentation, there is a technical test(objective/coding)

After clearing that test, you participate in a group activity where they test your social skills, ability to work in a team, and presentation skills
    Post that you get qualified for interviews
    There are multiple interview rounds depending on your performance, and there is a professional fitness round which is taken by a senior VP from the company
    All other rounds are technical, which mostly focuses on Coding skills

Interview Questions

• Q. Data structures, Reverse linked list; Find loop in a Linked list; Binary Trees; Heaps   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online test -(two or three weeks) - Phone interview (behavior questions mainly, HR tries to match interviewee who has a common background to you) - (2 or 3 days) - two 1 on 1 interview on site (technical, no common behavior questions, quite difficult for someone without a finance background) - (2 or 3 days) - assessment center

Governance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied direct online. After around 10 days I was called for an interview. First round met with two individuals. The hiring manager and his colleague. Both were very lovely and asked great questions. Role was explained to me. Following that hr said I'd hear back in about 10 days. Next day I got a call for a second round. This was 6 interviews with various people from the business. Everything felt very rushed and there was no structure to the interviews. Following this I was told I would again hear back in a week. Despite countless chases we are now two months on and no response. This is extremely poor and I would not recommend them to anyone else. I've withdrawn all other applications. I find it incredibly rude considering I've given up my time and money to attend interviews and have always given my feedback at each stage.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to return to work (on a career break )   Answer Question

Complex Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Met with three individuals at the local office location.. Interview lasted approximately an hour with several questions relating to the job and industry. The individuals were personable and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions related to the job and industry   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)) in January 2017.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one personal and one technical before I was invited by the HR to go to Budapest to make three more interviews. They didn't offer to reimburse my travel expenses (flights and hotel as I'm not from Hungary). However I had a positive experience with the interviews until that point. For my last interviews I had to spend more than 2 hours with the HR, Manager and the tech guys. My second technical interview wasn't so well but I believe I gave good answers even if I needed a bit more time to think. My coding task worked well but the feedback left to the HR was completely negative. I felt my last interview as a personal insult and a bad joke for all the efforts.. after I heard my feedback on the phone I told the HR that I'm pretty sure that I gave good answers on some of the listed questions. She said she is just reading what the tech guys sent her and now that I know where their office is in Budapest, I can apply again next year.
    Well Thank You!

Interview Questions

• What happens with the C# code during compilation? Why there is an intermediate level of compilation? Coding exercise. Data Structures, Collections? What is binary tree? What is hash-code? How do we solve the collision problem? Sorting algorithms, Time complexity? Relational databases? Internet and networking -OSI model? Asymmetric crypto-system RSA - public and private key?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Professional, very corporate, a weird interview with a lot of unusual questions, not related to business or my 12 years in accounting. Other than that, they wanted to ask about where I lived, family, just general stuff to see what kind of person I was and how I would relate to other people. The interview was really difficult it was just very odd and unusual.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work long hours and weekends   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial introductory interview took place over lunch with a senior Financial Advisor. I had 2 subsequent in person interviews.: 1 with two additional Financial Advisors and the final interview included a Financial Advisor and Group Manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe my prior experience in Financial Services.   1 Answer