Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
2,473 Interview Reviews

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the company followed by a superday. Whole process was very quick and easy. Know why you want to work there and not the other bulge brackets

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one brief phone interview with HR then was invited to super day two weeks later. On-site interviews consisted of four 1-on-1's with HR, a senior manager, and two VPs. They ask about Morgan Stanley's core values. Make sure you are able to provide examples of how you align with their core values. It took them forever to make a decision. HR was often unresponsive.

Fraud Operations Change the Bank Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview, VP was very dry but the overall interview seemed to flow well. Recruiting team is terrible with communication, they do not respond to inquires. After two weeks of no response, I noticed they reposted the job. So I will assume, I am not one of the chosen individuals.

Financial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Davis, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Everyone gets a group interview.. There were 2 interviewers and 4 interviewee for my group. You need to stand out, be really confident(fake it til u make it!) and have a good gpa in order to be accepted into the program. The interviewers for my group weren't friendly at all and gave off a bad vibe

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds of interview. 1st was on-campus. Got a call 1 week later saying I was invited to the Superday, There was a mandatory pre-interview networking night, the night before the superday. Superday was 3 one-on-one interviews, 30 min each followed by a group activity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a decision with limited amount of information   Answer Question

Bank Resource Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online for the BRM FT Analyst position and was contacted shortly after to set up a phone interview. It was very brief - only about 15 minutes but I asked some follow ups after so it was about a 30min call with an analyst on the desk. Then was contacted a few days later with the Superday invite. Superday consisted of 4 back-to-back, 1-on-1 interviews with mid to high level team members across the different BRM desks. There was also a group project which was somewhat difficult. Afterwards, we were told we'd hear back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: - Walk me through your resume - If I gave you $1m how would you allocate it across different asset classes? - What current events are you following? - What are one or two equities that you're following and interested in? - Why BRM? (wasn't asked what it is, which surprised me, but I still threw that into my answer) - Why MS over other bulge brackets? - What's going on in the markets? - Why should we hire you over any of the other candidates? Superday: Project: split into pairs and were given 20min to design a highway infrastructure for a fake city that maximizes efficiency and minimizes cost and traffic then we had to give a 5min presentation. We were told we'd be competing with the other team. After about 17min we were told we'd be teaming up with the other team and were given an additional 20min to combine our plans and 5min to present. Interviews: Based almost entirely on current market events, economic theories, and your resume - What's going on in the markets? - What happens to the dollar when interest rates rise? - Walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself. - What do you know about BRM? - 3 weaknesses?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I apply online. The process takes three weeks. It is a phone call interview. Ask what is the pdf of abs(x)*y where x and y are uniform distributions on (-1, 1).

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and filled out their resume template. After filling that out, I was emailed to complete an online timed logic test. Once passing that, I was emailed to take an online day-in-the life situational test. Following that, I was asked to schedule a 15 min phone interview with 5 questions that give you 3 min each to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Financial Advisor   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interview was very easy, had an initial phone screening, on site interview and then phone interview with managing director. Same questions were asked throughout each interviews; skills, experience, examples, and career interests.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give examples of project management, and overcoming challenges in prior roles.   Answer Question