Morgan Stanley Analyst - Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Analyst - Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through campus recruiting. Had a 30-min behavioral interview without coding questions. There are three teams in the technology branch and I applied for the business analyst team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Hiring and interviewing process was very organized and smooth. HR were patient enough to answer all the queries before the interview. There were 4 rounds of interviews onsite, each of the interviewer gives a feedback about your performance to the HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a 30-min on-campus interview. I was first asked about resume and experiences, which lasted for about 10 minutes. Since I mentioned something about the power of ReactJS as a OOP javascript, the interviewer asked me to code in Java on that and explain what it does. For the coding part, only 5 minutes were allowed. The rest of the time we were talking about Morgan Stanley - interviewer's everyday life and projects.

Interview Questions

• Write something in Java that's related to my experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on-site final round. I was remote for the on campus interview so they changed that to a phone interview. Was not selected for the on-site final round. I am not a coder so I was applying for the business analyst function, so basically a project manager role. It was 30 minutes and was most chatting a pretty standardized interivew format.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Technical resume based interview in preferred coding language. Nothing difficult but I was under prepared. Asked about basics of java and object oriented programming in general. So its important to know what there in the resume.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions regarding the Object class and toString() method in java   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an information panel followed by three back-to-back interviews. The interviews were a mix of behavioral but were also heavily technical. The technical questions came directly from resume or were tangental to something I said relating to my resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you use an interface? When would you use an interface and when would you use abstraction?   Answer Question
    • Can you implement a quicksort algorithm?   Answer Question
    • Implement two stacks using one array.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I attended a networking event that was held in July at the New York Headquarters. After the event I was scheduled for a superday interview. There were 3 back to back 1:1 technical interviews with different engineers. The process was awful for the following reasons:
    1. I was in a room with at least 20 other applicants and I had to speak loudly. Sometimes I wouldn't hear what my interviewer said.
    2. My first interviewer spoke with an accent that was difficult to comprehend.
    3. They went down a checklist and tested you on everything. There was no consideration on what your experience was in the field. This wasted a lot of time and caused the interviewer to ask questions that weren't even remotely relevent to your resume.
    4. There was no whiteboard, only paper. Writing code this way generated problems when conveying the message because the interviewer saw things upside down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to their super day, had three 1:1 45-minute interviews. The only behavioral questions I got for all three of them was, "tell me about yourself". 90% of the interviews were technical.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions ranged from knowledge questions (OOP, databases, your preferred language, operating system concepts, etc.), and some puzzles that required moderate comfortableness with stacks, linked lists, and dynamic programming.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Pittsburgh, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

Apply on university website, first interview on campus, second interview on campus, super day. I specifically said I want to be a Business Analyst yet I was asked coding questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I wanted to apply for the business analyst role but they had filled up all positions so I had to give the interview for app developer. It was completely technical even if it was the first round.