Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017
2,663 Interview Reviews

3.1

Complex Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Met with three individuals at the local office location.. Interview lasted approximately an hour with several questions relating to the job and industry. The individuals were personable and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions related to the job and industry   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Professional, very corporate, a weird interview with a lot of unusual questions, not related to business or my 12 years in accounting. Other than that, they wanted to ask about where I lived, family, just general stuff to see what kind of person I was and how I would relate to other people. The interview was really difficult it was just very odd and unusual.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work long hours and weekends   1 Answer

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had my first interview for the Op Risk, got called back for the final that evening and was offered to interview for the Credit risk program via phone, made it to the final round for that position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time with all the things in your resume?   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

A general pen test of mathematics programming mathematical finance as well as finance knowledge, followed by the phone interview, the process is quite long and I receive the phone interview 2 months after test

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Morgan Stanley for a summer data scientist internship. First round phone interview: I was first asked to talk about some highlights in my resume, then answered three questions.

Interview Questions

• One financial question, one statistical question, and one programming question   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in May 2017.

Interview

Contacted via LinkedIn by an HR. Initial phone screen then phone interview. Didn't get any reply to all the follow up mails after. Very unprofessional. Also setting up phone interview was also painful. The HR rescheduled the phone interview just an hour before.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I feel like jobs in operations do not require a degree, it is something that could be easily picked up , anyone can do this job, with two weeks of training

Financial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 peers my age alongside 2 other interviewees. It was short, only about fifteen minutes. When it was done we put our resumes and transcripts on a table and left. We were expected to dress business professional.

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line. I interviewed with six different people Two at a time for 1.5 hours. Interview was relaxed and friendly. Questions were more situational than technical.
    Overall the interview was good but timely for the position sought.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a difficult client?   1 Answer
    • Would I participate in community service?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on campus. The first round had 3 30min interviews with three interviewers, 2 ED, 1 VP. The first ED interviewer named Anthony Jung was extremely mean. Basically right after I entered the room, he asked me why they should hire me, what value can I add, what my GPA is, and then started to ask me if I have any questions. Along the way I asked him questions, he's extremely impatient and uses very rude languages. Worst interviewer I've seen in the workplace. I know this Morgan Stanley, but after 10 mins I know I don't want to work with this AH.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What value can you add?
      What's your GPA? What's your percentile?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question