Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,715 Interview Reviews

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an information panel followed by three back-to-back interviews. The interviews were a mix of behavioral but were also heavily technical. The technical questions came directly from resume or were tangental to something I said relating to my resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you use an interface? When would you use an interface and when would you use abstraction?   Answer Question
    • Can you implement a quicksort algorithm?   Answer Question
    • Implement two stacks using one array.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

25 minute interview. Asked typical IB questions. Know basics of 3 valuation techniques and you should be ok. HR was very bad in dealing with scheduling/follow up. Liked my interviewers and was told I did well then didn't hear anything for a few weeks, I asked them and they replied they were having HR difficulties so their process was delayed/messed up.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, walk me through a DCF, what are the three valuation methods, what do you do for fun outside of work   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview was with 2 different people. Direct questions were asked. Discussed the business, the opportunity, my major and career goals. Went very much as expected. Interview was fair and nothing out of the ordinary or shocking.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what do you want in life?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Mostly behavioral and fit question
    There were 3 people involved in an interview
    2people from one team and 1 from the other. The hiring manager told me that they are looking to fill the position quickly so they will be reaching out within a week. However, after a week there was no comment what so ever so I guess I am not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client/employee and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • why Morgan Stanley   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through an agency. Took 2 weeks to confirm their interest in me. Had my first round, face to face on a Wednesday. Next was a phone call from a senior manager in England on a monday and a second face to face round interview the very same day.

They were pretty fast and efficient and not looking to waste time.

Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

This was probably one of the most disappointing interview process I have ever experienced. It all went fine and very professional at the beginning, however it felt like it was very disorganized and they did not know who was in charge of the on boarding process. After the 6th interview, I never heard back from anyone. I called and email several times, and nobody ever gave me an answer. I finally gave up and assumed that I did not get the job. I felt it was a complete waste of my time and a lack of respect for my time and efforts. Very unprofessional process overall.

Interview Questions

• Not very hard questions overall.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

You submit your information online. Their system is a bit dated in that you can't upload your resume and have fields populated automatically. After you finish applying online you have they make you take a "General Reasoning Test" and after you finish that test they require you take another test "The Financial Advisor Assessment". If you make it past these tests they then have you do a Digital Interview where you record a video answering a set of interview question. After they review your Digital Interview they then call you in and you meet with several people including the Branch Manager. After that they offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• The standard, why are you interested in becoming a Financial Advisor for Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through on-campus portal for the role in Baltimore office. Round 1 was resume walk through. Round 2 had 2 sub-rounds on site. It involved fair amount of technical questions planned to test the skills. The total process took around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume.
      2. How do you gel in a team?
      3. What is the reason for attrition in cyber security market?
      4. Current and Immediate future challenges for cyber security.   Answer Question

Client Information Control Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Obtained interview through a third party temp agency. After recruiter recommended me for position, an interview at Morgan Stanley was set up. Met with Director of Onboarding who discuss roles and asked me about myself/experiences. Left interview feeling good. I was told that Morgan Stanley would reach out to temp agency if there was a job offer. Never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to work with two conflicting deadlines.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you learned something new.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you worked on a project.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you saw a shortcoming or inefficiency at your workplace and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for an initial phone interview after about two weeks. Was then brought in for a final round interview at the corporate headquarters in New York about a week after the first round. Both interviews were behavioral. I was given an informal offer the next day, and told to wait a few days for a formal offer letter. Fast forward two week, I reach out to HR, only to be told that the position did not receive formal approval and has been put on hold indefinitely. Im not sure when HR would have told me if I didn't email them directly and ask why the wait was taking so long. I have since emailed the HR recruiter asking her about the timeline for when the role might get approved and about other available roles. I haven't gotten a response. This is the third time that this has happened to me at Morgan Stanley this summer. I won't be applying to any more jobs at this firm. It's a complete waste of time and money I spent traveling to New York. Stop putting jobs online that aren't actually approved by the firm. HR really needs to do better.