Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 23, 2017
2,672 Interview Reviews

3.1

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I feel like jobs in operations do not require a degree, it is something that could be easily picked up , anyone can do this job, with two weeks of training

Financial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 peers my age alongside 2 other interviewees. It was short, only about fifteen minutes. When it was done we put our resumes and transcripts on a table and left. We were expected to dress business professional.

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line. I interviewed with six different people Two at a time for 1.5 hours. Interview was relaxed and friendly. Questions were more situational than technical.
    Overall the interview was good but timely for the position sought.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a difficult client?   1 Answer
    • Would I participate in community service?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on campus. The first round had 3 30min interviews with three interviewers, 2 ED, 1 VP. The first ED interviewer named Anthony Jung was extremely mean. Basically right after I entered the room, he asked me why they should hire me, what value can I add, what my GPA is, and then started to ask me if I have any questions. Along the way I asked him questions, he's extremely impatient and uses very rude languages. Worst interviewer I've seen in the workplace. I know this Morgan Stanley, but after 10 mins I know I don't want to work with this AH.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
      What value can you add?
      What's your GPA? What's your percentile?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Seattle, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

In-person interview. I was told I would hear back by the end of the following week. Never heard back, followed up and still never heard back. Talk about bad PR and bad HR practices.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Short Hills, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online after which there was an initial phone screen. Next was a one-on-one phone call with the Associate Complex Manager followed by an in person meeting with him and the branch manager. During the process I had to complete a business plan as well as a 30 minute recorded online interview.

Interview Questions

• What would be your three primary target markets and what is the reasonable dollar amount in each you would be able to successfully acquire?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through university and on the website. First round interview was on campus and then super day at their Baltimore, MD office. Both rounds was mostly behavioral questions, nothing technical. The group case was pretty straightforward - again, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in operations at Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Just finished the first round phone interview, 1 hr long, basically all kinds of behavioral and resume-related questions. The only technical questions were around VaR and BSM model. Still waiting for update on next round.

Ow Latency Developer FPGA/C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter. Had three interview plus phone screen. Last round was with MD. First rounds went well. MD however asked odd personal questions, ate his lunch during interview and was very condescending. I at first thought this was some kind of stress test, but later I realized he never wanted to fill this position. He talked about a previous project that failed and how that put him in a difficult political position. I wasted three vacation days to talk to these people plus travel/parking expenses. Not cool...They are still interviewing for this position. Waste your time if you want but be forewarned. They are also cheap. They don't know how much FPGA engineers in finance make. Hint >$280K/yr

Interview Questions

• If I called this guy (so and so that MD knew from previous job), what would he say about you ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online in October, got an invitation for a phone interview in March. Phone interview was strictly behavioral - took place on Friday, got an email invitation to an in-person interview the following Monday. Interview was 2 one-on-one interviews and one group activity. One-on-ones were mostly behavioral and the group was a standard business solutions activity. Interview in Baltimore was on a Friday, heard back the following Tuesday.