Morgan Stanley Analyst - Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Analyst - Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

University Recruiting, exchanged greetings, immediately was told the hiring criteria is changed and hiring only developers!! Not expected from MS!! Came prepared for a Business Analyst role within the technology division, ended up being told most of the hiring is only for development. The behavioral questions were asked from a sheet of paper!!! The interviewer just wanted to get done for day and felt the need to rush the process.

Interview Questions

• Strenghts, weakness , Situation where you delt with stress and how you overcome it, Questions based on resume, Academic projects   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through College Website.
    1) On-Campus Interview for 30 min.
    2) Called for onsite interview after 2 months in New York.

On-Campus Interview was a mix of behavioral, technical and resume based questions. The interviewer just want to make sure whether you are a right fit in the respective Morgan Stanley Department.

On-Site Interview consist of
    Group exercise. The exercise was simple but some constraints were added to check the candidate's performance under pressure.

Then there was 3 1:1 Technical Interviews of 45 min each. All interviews were technical.
    The interview was not difficult. You should have knowledge of what your are doing.That's all.
    Waiting for the final results.

Interview Questions

• What Projects have you done? Describe any one? Specific questions on the project described.
      Real-time Trading questions where main logic was required.
      Hashmap questions. SQL queries ( joins and aggregate functions).
      Coding questions which were average in difficulty.Finding the top 5 high frequency words in a file.
      Operating System based questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Got invited to a pre-interview Q&A session on campus. Met with prop from MS and had the chance to talk to them more about MS. Had one 30 minutes on campus interview, mostly behavioral. Then got invited to their NYC HQ for on-site. On-site started with lunch and a Q&A session then team building exercise and then 3 back to back interviews. The interview questions varied a lot based on the interviewer you got. The recruiter took a very long time to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What's the different with between String.buffer and String.builder   1 Answer

Analyst - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round on campus. 1-1 interview. Second one in NYC. We were invited for a full day. MS pays for all expenses. First there was a panel, where we could ask questions, then there was a group exercise. Lastly, there were two 1-1 interviews.

Interview Questions

• First round on campus - no unexpected questions. Why Tech analyst? The interviewer asked me about my experience and asked some technical questions related to my experience. E.g. "so when you worked with python, can you explain to me what is an object oriented language, and how you used this in your work?" Second round - behavioral questions, some case-like questions, and one group exercise.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied on Morgan Stanley website and university's career site. Got the first round on-campus interview and the interviewer mainly wanted to understand my thought process dependent on what I was working on at the moment. Then went to onsite interview with Wealth Management Team and they asked SQL, Java and HTML stuffs.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were very nice and friendly. They treat you very well. Group activity was fun. Super day gets little hectic once the 1-1 interviews starts. If you're confident enough and have some experience financial industry, this will be an easy interview for you.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about Algorithms, data structures, design patterns. Some Puzzles were also asked.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Easy, short. The people were very friendly. Met most of them during a networking event on campus. The questions were pretty easy and exactly what I prepared for so I was surprised I did not get the position. Later I found out that mostly people who were referred or knew someone inside were hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was a standard 30-minute on-campus interview. First was asked which of the three business lines (development, infrastructure, business analyst) you think you are most fit for. Then was asked about the programming languages you have on your resume. The questions were a bit difficult and too technical for someone going for business analyst (my interviewer was a software developer). I knew how to program a bit in C++ but not necessarily the nitty-gritty of object-oriented programming language. This is perhaps a problem with the way programming is taught to non-technical students, or that I was just not well-prepared.

Lastly came the interesting part - was asked to build an app for a parking lot: what features you would include, who your users would be, potential problems and how you would resolve them, etc.

I wish I had a business analyst as my interviewer but overall was an intellectually stimulating interview process. My advice is to know the basics of programming languages you put on your resume. Us students have a tendency to put down anything that we know just a little bit of, so that we look like we are very technical, but that might end up being a bad idea.

Interview Questions

• What is a selector in CSS?   Answer Question
    • What are some aspects of object-oriented programming language? (looking for answers related to encapsulation, polymorphism, etc.)   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in September 2015.

Interview

I had applied through the campus career website. For the first round, I had an on campus interview for around 30 mins. The questions asked were mostly behavioral and fairly straight-forward. I haven't heard since then, which now is 7 weeks. It has been a throughly unprofessional interview process with no communication whatsoever.

Interview Questions

• What role are u interested in the Technology Analyst program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First interview was a standard 30-minute on-campus interview. First some questions about the programming languages on your resume. Then a case about how to design an app. Then a lot of marketing questions, like how to follow up customers' experience.