Morgan Stanley Financial Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.9

175 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed by the ACM and Branch Manager, then by 3-5 different FAs where they also share their experience with you and how they got started, the highs and the lows. Then you interview FAAs in the program and get their experience. Very thorough process and it gives you the perspective from those who went thru the program and those that are in the program.

Interview Questions

• How will you differentiate yourself from other FAs in the industry?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Durham, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

I went into the Durham office to speak with someone about entry level positions and left a resume. A couple of days later I received a call with an invitation for an interview. I interviewed with the head of the financial advisors and submitted a formal application at the conclusion of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Wilkes-Barre, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 1 month. I had a phone interview, we discussed my back round and how the Advisor program works. Then I was invited to complete a business plan, they say it only takes 30 minutes to complete. It took me a few days to complete since I was new to the position. Then I had a 2:1 in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell a situation when a client or coworker were conflicted and how did you resolve it? They asked a few questions about my business plan. Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Was very nice. Professional. Was very hard to obtain the interview because kept getting pushed off. Despite that everyone was polite and helpful. They make it look very easy and realistic to succeed in the firm. I would like to know the real success numbers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

long -The process was a very long process draw out over more than 6 weeks before contacted for in person interview after not knowing if would be selected or not selected

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online and doing a 30 min. aptitude test, I was contacted by MS hiring manager based out of state. She asked basic questions and explained about the training program. It did not seem like a good fit due to high targets. You are expected to start bringing in new business after 6-9 months of training with a target of 10 million a year. Seemed out of reach and the interview felt like they are trying to scare you away from the job to see how much you want it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mountain View, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It's a pretty easy interview, no professional questions were asked but just general questions about the interest in the company and the role. It was only the first interview and I think the person was mostly looking for enthusiasm and just gauge personality wise if the candidate is fit for the role and understands the process, given it's a long process until you get certified and start growing your client base.

Financial Advisor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a brief phone interview and was asked to come in the same day for an in person interview. I was interviewed by several people ranging from former interns to Financial Planners. The employees and the office were both very professional. However, when I asked questions to each interviewer I was always given different responses. They were unable to give me an exact start date and there seemed to be some disorganization on the logistics of the position. I was told that I would hear back by the beginning of the next week and I did not hear back until 2-3 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, asked how I was going to find new business, where I thought the markets were headed, and how I thought my previous experience would help me in this position. They wanted to see how I think on my feet and to check for fit. It wasn't too difficult, and I think it was positive overall.

Interview Questions

• How is the performance of the dollar affecting the market?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Miami, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

Hiring process is lengthy and very in depth. The financial adviser program consists of a 36 month training and mentoring phase at which time you're book value must be more than 30 million in value.

Interview Questions

• Why would someone choose you as their financial adviser?   Answer Question