Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,572 Interview Reviews

3.1

Bank Resource Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online for the BRM FT Analyst position and was contacted shortly after to set up a phone interview. It was very brief - only about 15 minutes but I asked some follow ups after so it was about a 30min call with an analyst on the desk. Then was contacted a few days later with the Superday invite. Superday consisted of 4 back-to-back, 1-on-1 interviews with mid to high level team members across the different BRM desks. There was also a group project which was somewhat difficult. Afterwards, we were told we'd hear back within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Round 1: - Walk me through your resume - If I gave you $1m how would you allocate it across different asset classes? - What current events are you following? - What are one or two equities that you're following and interested in? - Why BRM? (wasn't asked what it is, which surprised me, but I still threw that into my answer) - Why MS over other bulge brackets? - What's going on in the markets? - Why should we hire you over any of the other candidates? Superday: Project: split into pairs and were given 20min to design a highway infrastructure for a fake city that maximizes efficiency and minimizes cost and traffic then we had to give a 5min presentation. We were told we'd be competing with the other team. After about 17min we were told we'd be teaming up with the other team and were given an additional 20min to combine our plans and 5min to present. Interviews: Based almost entirely on current market events, economic theories, and your resume - What's going on in the markets? - What happens to the dollar when interest rates rise? - Walk me through your resume, tell me about yourself. - What do you know about BRM? - 3 weaknesses?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    Screening, folllowed by interview with supervisor and then supervisor of hiring manager
    The process was relaxed, generally revolved around background and fit with the role.
    They hire in batches (across all locations in the country), they're comgnizant that many will not make it through the training stage - 3 years.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I apply online. The process takes three weeks. It is a phone call interview. Ask what is the pdf of abs(x)*y where x and y are uniform distributions on (-1, 1).

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and filled out their resume template. After filling that out, I was emailed to complete an online timed logic test. Once passing that, I was emailed to take an online day-in-the life situational test. Following that, I was asked to schedule a 15 min phone interview with 5 questions that give you 3 min each to answer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Financial Advisor   1 Answer

Internal Audit Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

1st interview was over the phone
    2nd interview - held in their office known as superday. It consists of 3:1 interviews as well as an hr group activity. I would strongly suggest that you know as much as possible about audit , as well as participate as much you can in the group activity because they are observing you. Overall it was a good experience , it's best to remain calm and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about internal audit?
      What is something you think that can be changed in the auditing field?
      Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Interview was very easy, had an initial phone screening, on site interview and then phone interview with managing director. Same questions were asked throughout each interviews; skills, experience, examples, and career interests.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to give examples of project management, and overcoming challenges in prior roles.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montgomery, AL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the job online and was prompt to complete a 25 question logic test. The test honestly caught me off guard, was not too challenging as long as you don't over think it. After that I took a day in the life of a FA test, that was pretty easy since it was similar to my time working at a bank. I received an email stating that I passed the tests and would receive a call with a recruiter for a 15 minute interview. The interview was pretty weird and the recruiter seems uninterested and honestly I felt like I could have said anything and he would have moved me on to the next stage. After we talked he said he will forward me to the next process which is with the branch manager and it could take up to 4-6 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name three markets you plan on targeting to build your book of business   1 Answer
    • Why Morgan Stanley   Answer Question

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Two back to back interviews with two separate individuals. They had just moved to a new building and no one knew where anything was. First interviewer got lost but it was a good interview. I was told to wait in the room for the next interviewer. I waited for 15 mins only to be taken out of the room and told to wait by reception (no one was telling me what was going on). I finally met with another individual who told me he was going to rush the interview because the person I was meant to interview with was ill and they only realized then. The 20 minute interview was rushed down to less than ten minutes, mainly him giving me information which I already knew. I was not given another chance to meet with the interviewer who was ill on another day, no accommodation was made. The recruiter did not give any real feedback. I was so shocked at the level of unprofessionalism for such a top corporate company.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university.First round was the quantitative exam. Second round as phone interview. For the interview was selected out of the written quant exam. Process took around three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Had a phone interview from Strats and Modeling group. It was with Securitized Products Group. Questions consisted of basic bond math,some simple brain teasers   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

It was very technical but fairly easy once you are prepared. It started off with a Panel discussion where you get to clear any doubts about the role being applied for. Next is a group challenge which evaluates teamwork. Lastly is three (one on one) interviews back to back which could last anything between 45 mins to One hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you change privileges on a file or directory in Unix systems.   1 Answer