Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018
2,955 Interview Reviews

3.1

Prime Brokerage Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

first round is phone interview about 30 minutes. I think the guy called me is not HR but the manager of the department. He also introduced the content of intern. Most of their clients are hedge fund people.

Interview Questions

• why finance? what did you learn from a certain internship experience? pitch a stock   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First round phone screen is heavy on technicals. Study Morgan Stanley's 10k form to find out which groups make most revenue. Know how 10% depreciation flows through the statements. Know 4 ways to value a company.

Interview Questions

• Which groups are MS's top revenue generators, and what percent? (The answer is from Morgan Stanley's 10k filing, which you should study)   1 Answer
    • How does 10% depreciation flow throught the statements   1 Answer
    • What are four ways to value a company?   1 Answer
    • How does valuing a financial institution differ from valuing a typical company?   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and arranged a telephonic technical interview. But I never heard back from them about the interview or anything else, even though I sent many update emails.

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Behavioral questions and asked about relevant experience in classes, like business projects and your opinion on the future of certain businesses. I was really glad I got to talk to every single person on the team I would work with so I really got a comprehensive image of what the team culture was like.

Interview Questions

• What are two strengths and one weakness of yours? How do you work on your weakness in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus. It was a 45 minute interview with a brief behavioral and an in depth technical section. Interviewers were very nice but went through everything very quickly. That was the first and final round interview.

Interview Questions

• How does the JVM work? They also asked about trees and linked lists.   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

Introduce yourself and the projects you have done. Really details. Ask about some simple data structure problems, such as linked list and array and their differences. Ask about time complexity problems. And some random tech problems.

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

I got the interview through campus recruiting. Had a 30-min behavioral interview without coding questions. There are three teams in the technology branch and I applied for the business analyst team.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Onsite Interview with 3 technical rounds of 1 hour each. All three interviewers were well versed in the field of application development. The interviewers focused majorly on the technical projects listed in the resume and asked to write codes for some additional segment of these projects which could have been implemented if more time was provided.

Interview Questions

• What is basic difference between Java and C++. How do you execute programs on both?.Questions on Graphs, Lists, HashMaps   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter. First round, interviewer asked in detail about my projects, my interests and why an I interested in joining Morgan Stanley. Interviewer told me they would be hiring me for machine learning position and explained in detail which machine learning problems their team is trying to solve. Round 2 was onsite at their NewYork Office.

I was told i will be interviewed for machine learning role but the interview were total unorganized. Total 3 rounds. None of the rounds had any structure and not even a single ML related problem was asked or any algorithms and data structure questions.

Most of the questions were from operating system, database and Java. Very bad experience, I still don't understand on what criteria they were accessing the candidate. I did answered the question but received a reject 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Various linux commands, operating systems questions like what is kernel, process thread etc.
      Couple of questions on SQL joins and what would be result for each join operation.
      Java object oriented principles, what is abstraction inheritance, use of super keyword, interfaces etc. Design class using all oop principles and explain why you choose to design this way.

Compute the square root of number without using mathematical operator.
      In a csv certain columns are stored. Read the csv, perform certain join operations and return the result.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

on campus interview less than 60 min with 2 interviews
    first talk about resume myself and answer interviewers' question
    then a technical problem with solution on white board
    I wrote on the scratch paper and it's ok too