Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,473 Interview Reviews

3.1

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

the interviewer tried to walk through my resume first. After finish talking about my first job listed, the interviewer seemed lost the appetite of my resume, then asked some behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

On campus, another on phone, informal one during networking night and finally invited to super day. On campus one was an alum and was pretty average. Phone was more technical, asked to pitch a stock, asked about percentages, etc. The super day was nice. There were cubicles and must have been about 10 people. Not too long at all 20*4 mins. Some interviewers were more pleasant than others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Had a first round interview at a NSBE convention and a final round of interviews in NY. The interviews are very relaxing, open and time-friendly. The interviews are design to showcase the skill sets of each individual interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Due to company's privacy policy, I cannot give out exact questions but I will advise you ensure you understand your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1 round Campus Interview and 3 rounds on-site interviews in a day. In the on-site interviews, they asked many many questions about my resume that I didn't expect to. However, they just asked two or three very simple algorithm questions in total. I would suggest to get prepared in all the projects/experiences on the resume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all. It's just an intern offer.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Selected to participate in the Super-Day; 25-30 minute long behavioral/technical interviews with 5 different VPs and Executive Directors. The HR facilitates the transition and you have the chance to meet the group you are interviewing against.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview by three people. Talked about skills and alittle about the markets. It is also important that you fit into the morgan stanley culture so personal questions were asked. It is important to be confident as you will be speaking with clients and dealing with challenging tasks.

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

1st round at University campus
    1 hour interview. It was great. Lots of technical qs: SQL, datastructures, Java basics etc. (Be clear and confident)

2nd Interview Onsite in NYC
    A panel discussion taking questions and answering generic questions
    Team building activity. Very chilled out
    3 rounds of 1:1 interviews 45 mins each. Very intense, extremely technical. The last 1:1 interview was disappointing for me. The interviewer did not speak English properly and maybe thats why wasnt getting what I am saying. He kept asking me questions and when I gave a solution, maybe he did not understand and repeated the same solution as hints to me. This must be the down point for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Completely technical, lots of basics, lots of algorithm problems - graphs, datastructures etc.   Answer Question

Fixed Income Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

super day- 5 conversations, 15 min each... each asked pretty similar questions. most about interest rates and personal questions on why i was interested in position. didn't have to make a stock pitch. brain teaser in one of them. some math questions (sqrt(4000))

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

The first round was a 30 minute technical interview. This round depends on your interviewer. Basic concepts of OOP'S and data structures. Going through the resume.
    Then Superday. This is a 5 hour long process. Group Task and 3 rounds of technical interview each of 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• One string program to shorten string removing repeating characters.
      Used Maps.
      1 Answer
    • Why does Morgan Stanley differ from its competitors?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. I got an email for a second interview, which was at the building. The interview itself was not difficult, a lot of questions on past work experience/skills.