Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

3.2

59 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2017.

Interview

Really fair. Mainly technical questions in the first round interview. The interviewers were nice and paid efforts in leading your thoughts. Should be prepared to get DCF, multiples, mergers & acquisition questions. Besides, should be fully acknowledged of MS's recent well-known deals.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

25 minute interview. Asked typical IB questions. Know basics of 3 valuation techniques and you should be ok. HR was very bad in dealing with scheduling/follow up. Liked my interviewers and was told I did well then didn't hear anything for a few weeks, I asked them and they replied they were having HR difficulties so their process was delayed/messed up.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, walk me through a DCF, what are the three valuation methods, what do you do for fun outside of work   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Was emailed the night before the interview by an analyst. This was for the accelerated process. Short interview, 30 minutes with behavioral and technical questions. Very relaxed, with time left for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are the ways to value a company and which leads to the highest valuation?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2016.

Interview

First round phone interview after applying online through university followed by super day where they fly you up to New York. Pretty quick process since the recruiting timeline has been shifted up earlier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Fairly standard, had phone interviews first, and then got invited for the final round. The Hong Kong team flew over and all the applicants had the interviews in the New York office. Had 3 interviews consecutively with one or multiple interviewers. No technical questions. More about how hungry you are and how informed you are about MS/IBD

Interview Questions

• Tell me a recent deal that MS Hong Kong team did.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

phone screening then superday
    phone screening was with an alum and superday was pretty typical of that of other banks
    didn't get an offer and wished I got feedback.. otherwise was a great experience in my opinion
    interviewers were all very nice

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

1 Phone interview (Analyst) + Superday (5 interviews, VP, VP, VP, Associate, Associate)

Great communication throughout and very quick response after Superday. Basic technical preparation is Key to tick a box during the phone interview, but ultimately they focus on personality and fit so you better be interesting to talk to!

Interview Questions

• What industries interest you, and how would this effect your group choice?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non existent.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted by my university recruiter for a 20 minute phone interview. Questions were all reasonable and expected, interviewer was also very friendly. Felt like a conversation. Asked me three technicals towards the end regarding FCF, EV and LBOs.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you major in if the financial services industry didn't exist?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I had applied through my college careers services. I got a first round face-to-face interview for Investment Banking. The interviewers came down to campus to interview. Interviewers looked generally disinterested right from the word go. Asked only one technical question. Got back to me after almost a month.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2015.

Interview

Non-core student, networked my way in. Senior managers asked mostly fit questions (tell me about yourself, why banking, tell me about your previous internship), I had one associate ask me "Value your university and sell it to me" that was the most difficult question, other than that interview was great