Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online through school career services website and was selected for an interview. First round interview took on campus after a few days of selection. First round interview consisted of typical behavioral questions and simple technical questions. If you prepare well for typical "walk me through resume" type of questions then you will be fine for the first round.

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2008.

Interview

I applied online for the interview and was accepted even though it was was a competitive process. The interview was held at a common interview site on my campus. There was some confusion finding the right room, but they apologized for the inconvenience. I was interviewed by a young investment banking analyst, and a human resources employee sat in on the interview. The analyst asked all the questions and then offered me a chance to ask him questions. Both were polite and nice. I was asked the typical questions for the position, and I had my answers prepared. I was not asked any technical questions. After I was notified that I did not make it to the next round, the analyst called me to encourage me to apply next year and spoke about my strengths and weaknesses. I thought that call was very nice of him and may reflect the values of the firm.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite and least favorite classes and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter to Morgan Stanley for an Investment Banking Analyst position via my college's office of career services. Several days later, I was notified that I was accepted for an on-campus first-round interview for the position. The first-round interview was 30 minutes with two Investment Banking Associates, who asked me a combination of technical and fit questions. A few days following the first interview, I was told that I had advanced to the final round interview, an on-site superday. The superday consisted of four one-on-one 30-minute interviews with Investment Banking Associates and VPs from a variety of industry groups.

The culture and the people at Morgan Stanley are incredible. Senior members of the team are very invested in the personal and professional development of the junior members and will go out of their way to help them reach whatever kind of exit opportunities they are aiming for, whether it be private equity, business school, hedge funds, etc. Plus, the headquarters is in a great location -- right in the middle of Times Square!

Interview Questions

• Do you follow any specific companies or industries? If so, what two companies are you bullish on, and what two companies are you bearish on? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview where I answered some techical questions, then two in person interviews. It all went very well, not sure what happened. Should be noted that this was not an on campus interview but lateraling in after a year of work experience.

Interview Questions

• Which type of modeling will produce the highest/lowest valuation?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

First round interview screen on phone. Simple "why morgan stanley" and "why investment banking" questions. Second round interview was on campus. Longer interview (25-30 minutes) with a university alum working for MS. They asked me some accounting questions like "how does the net income flow through the accounting statements". Also asked questions regarding what IBankers do.

Interview Questions

• What does and Investment banking analyst do on a day to day basis?   Answer Question
    • How does the Net Income carry through the basic accounting statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Menlo Park, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Process:
    - Began with an info session
    - On campus coffee chats
    - On campus interview that lasted about 30 minutes
    - Interviewer was nice, progressed through the process as though it was a casual conversation
    - Asked a variety of behavioral, technical and even a market sizing question
    - Overall, people at the office are nice, chill, but smart and hardworking

Interview Questions

• What sport do you like most? What team is your favorite? How many fans do you think there are for that team in the entire world?   Answer Question
    • If you were spreading comps and you were looking at the market cap and the enterprise value, which do you think would be higher and what would cause you to raise a red flag?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

Interview

Two associates interviewed me.

walk me through your resume.

two brainteasers

asked me about the general market

why morgan stanley

Interview Questions

• why morgan stanley   Answer Question
    • if you were to change one thing about the US., anything, politics or economy, anything, what would you do to save our economy?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round phone interview. I was informed of the interview 2 days prior. The person on the phone was nice but the majority of the questions were technical. Only one fit question - 'Tell me about yourself' and all technical after that.

Interview Questions

• - How would an increase in depreciation flow through the statements?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied for the investment banking summer analyst position in November 2013. They asked me lots of behavior questions instead of technical ones. Basically, they asked me questions such as "why IBD". "tell me any deals you are interested at / done by Morgan Stanley in the past few years"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

On campus Recruitment

Interview Questions

• Deep dive into your background. Why banking over Private Equity? Why investment banking?   Answer Question