Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.3

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

quick process. applied in first round, two 1st round phone interview with an associate and a ED and one 2nd round phone interview with a VP. standard questions and easy-going interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview followed by a Super Day the next week, 4 20 min interviews, 3 behavioral, 1 technical; rejected the following day; straightforward process, difficult superday/mid difficult phone interview

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in August 2017.

Interview

Applied early and got a phone screen with a University alum. Call was pretty easy and basic, mostly fit questions and thought it went fairly well. Thought I had been rejected because I didn't hear back from MS until recently that I am through to the next round -- definitely got moved from early track to regular track though

Interview Questions

• Basic resume questions, tell me about yourself, what are some activities you do at University, Walk me through a DCF   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the end of July and had a first round phone interview in mid-August. Around late August I was notified that I was invited to Superday interviews. The Superday was four back-to-back interviews with one VP, two EDs, and one MD. One of the EDs was tasked with the technical portion of the interview, and the other three interviews were mainly behavioral/fit aside from some basic valuation questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   Answer Question
    • What are the different ways to value a company?   1 Answer
    • Walk me through the financial statements.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received the opportunity to take the hirevue interview quiz. I didn't not receive any further contact. After a few weeks it seemed as though I would not get any further contact. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online, completed Hirevue, and received first round phone interview after 3 weeks of completing the Hirevue. The interviewer was the MD in charge of recruiting for my school.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First round was a 30 minutes interview on campus with initial video interview screen the week before via HireVue. Had a positive experience, but lacked the technical knowledge to make it to the next round. Expect a mix of personal/fit questions and technical questions

Interview Questions

• Mix of fit and technical questions. Had to explain how I would value a company.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It was relatively behavioral; had a couple technicals that were very standard. Walk me through a DCF, how do you value a company, how do you balance sheet and income statement flow together, that kind of stuff. Flew me out to NYC for the superday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Houston, TX) in March 2018.

Interview

Informal process, called for some technicals and behaviorals, then a super day. For the interviews, was asked why Houston banking, and then some light technical questions, barely any Oil and Gas

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

2 Rounds of phone interviews. Mostly technical, very little behavioral. Make sure you practice explaining every single bullet on your resume clearly and concisely. Overall, the people were very nice and professional.