Morgan Stanley Java Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.4

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was the secound round interview. The first round was telephonic.
This interview took about two hours in 4 rounds, and with 7 people. It was neutral overall.
you should be prepared for linux questions as well.

Interview Questions

• 1- What is the difference between jvm, jrm , and ….?
    2- What do we do in linux if system is slow?
    3- What command in linux shows us the permissions? What is the sequence of each
    4- What permissions it will give us if we write chmod 755
    5- If we want to merge two tables, what data structure we user? Hashmap. How many? 1
    6- Write algorithms on the board   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

I attended their women's drive and I would definitely say that it was one of the best drive that I attended. Right from the tech park parking to their venue , at each and every step someone would guide you, so that you are not lost! The day started early at 8.30 am and as soon as I reached there, they gave a beautifully wrapped goodies and asked to be seated in their cafeteria , where all the BIG people EDS, VPS, Managers would welcome you and interact with you to make you more comfortable and answer all your questions , if you have any followed by a good breakfast! The presentation by one of their MD on Morgan stanley started at 9.30 am sharp ! Then they a pannel discussion with their VPS. In that discussion the HR would ask questions to their VP s like how it is to work for Morgan Stanley, and what challenges they face, how Morgan stanley helps you maintain work life balance etc.. It was a panel of 4 VPS and one HR followed by Q and A rounds by the interview candidates. There were 3 big halls were candidates were placed, all connected through Video conferencing. Now you can imagine how many came for interview, of course for different roles. All the good part ends here.
    Then at sharp 11 am their selection process starts, where the actual mess begins. In a hope of systematic selection process, turns out to be a nightmare. At 12, they asked all java folks to write a test , since crowd was too much, they started with the written, which was not a part of the selection process, so few of them already started giving the interviews and rest were told to just sit and give the test. The test consisted of few multiple choice questions entirely on core Java and then followed by two coding questions. For this you would be having just half an hour time, which also I believed was not an elimination round and you would be called for the interview.
    The interview was another mess , they didn't ask me any question on designs, oops or even J2EE. So some basic questions on Core Java! Then another round was just a question on Arraylist some basic program. And the funny part was the way that interviewer tries to confuse you, as if you are just a fresher. Having an experience of more than 5 years, the questions should be good and the interviewer must test you nicely.
    I actually don't blame him, he was called by HR and I could hear their conversation that just finish the round in 10-15 minutes.
    Such a bad process right! You call candidate for an interview, I agree that the way they welcome you and all is too good. However, the main purpose of the entire process is to have a good interview. I was so prepared and expected good questions, what they asked was really rubbish! And on earth I don't understand why would HR interfere an interviewer to ask questions or finish the process as soon as possible. I have given interviews before as well in other companies and found that they might not welcome you this way, however they make sure that your interview process is good with standard questions. I had two technical round and one coding round, however I am not at all satisfied with their process.
    Also, this might be my experience, others might have found it pretty smooth. Since after the written I waited for 4 hours to have my first technical discussion round!

Interview Questions

• 1. Difference between concurrent map and synchronized map ? No implementation details , just the difference
      2. Volatile variables and synchornization
      3. final classes
      4. Callable and future and what they do.
      5. Write a java program for finding out the first non repeating character in string. Example you have a string abcdeabc. Here the output must be d. Prepare this question, they will definitely ask you.
      6. Read a file for a sequence of input string and print in in some order to output file.
      7. You have a list of integers using an arraylist, find first if it contains duplicates, if doesn't contain duplicates, then return false else return true. Second part was to find that the duplicate elements.
      I am sure the interviewer might not be very sharp, however when you divide an array size by 2 , he was asking to round off an integer, which would be anyway a round off figure. I didn't understand what he wanted to prove , he is dumb or he is sharp !!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

The first round was F2F technical.
    Interview was very good and I was sure that 99% i will get selected for further rounds.
    But after 1 week when i asked feedback they informed my profile was rejected.
    Two interviewers has taken round for 1 hour .

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give answers in brief not with so much explanation. And it will be good if i can give real time example   Answer Question
    • Below questions were asked
      1- How the Spring works internally?
      2- Map works internally?
      3 What approach is followed if two same object stored in map with same value.
      4- What is singleton ? When you will use singleton?
      5- Advantages of OOps with real time example.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Interview

The overall experience is good.
    They have a phone interview first. If thing goes well, there will be an onsite interview.
    The phone interview would take around 30 mins.
    The onsite interview would take around 2 hours.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Budapest (Hungary)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Budapest (Hungary)).

Interview

Phone screening, technical one. In person interview 3 parts. Two of the technical one HR. It took 3-4 hours. Third was a team fit interview with 3 team leads. It was shorter about 1,5 hours.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2017.

Interview

10 mins phone call with basic background questions only, have no idea what this phone call for, didn't receive an email as she said, don't know how to contact them, maybe I'm too bad

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Interview

Two telephonic interviews and 1 face to face 3 hours 5 people. one system design, two technical, 1 hr and 1 manager. It was good. and amazing experience. Its worth it to have a face to face interview with Morgan Stanley. One of the best experiences so far.

Interview Questions

• what is thread. What is deadlock. how to resolve a deadlock. read last nth element of linked list with one and only one traversal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online on Morgan Stanley career portal....I got the call after month....they have scheduled telephonic interview .....that consist of 1 hour ... zz z ... h g h g

Interview Questions

• Question about singleton design pattern...bean scopes of spring ...what is default bean scope on spring....give example for prototype bean scope and deafault bean scope....question about connection pooling ...how to create connection poling ...what is atomic transaction ...more questions on spring ....ioc container .....how to create api like @transactional annotation....implement transactional class....internal implementation on comparable and comparable interface ....design transactionals....how to handle the error in application....deep concepts about spring and Java ....level was very high ...not like service based companies ....prepared well for the interview...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

I got directly call from HR and she scheduled a call for F2F.

I got a call from a person , and he asked me about my project and started questioning the reason for change. And he started arguing kind of , then I noticed his tone was rude. I wish I would have disconnected the phone at the start only.

But I wanted to experience it till the end. Because as a female professional, as this was my first time, I wanted to experience the level of rudeness in the process. I wish I would have recorded the call.

He asked me core java questions and many times his tone was rude and seemed arrogant. In many questions, his way of asking seemed sarcastic.

Questions were simple and I answered it as well.
    At least, people should know how to behave professionally.

Interview Questions

• Simple Java questions :

- Abstract and interface
      - Cloning and its types
      - String
      - Hashmap
      - Binary tree question
      - Design Executor Service   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Interview

interview process start with written java technical test which contains
    1. 10 Mcq questions
    2. java programs
    3. one SQL Query

the entire drive is well arrange they also provide lunch

Interview Questions

• swap number if different is 1 and if it is sorte print YES and write time and its space complexity   Answer Question
    • Query to find records present in table A but not in table B   Answer Question
    • Find the Rotation Count in Rotated Sorted array   Answer Question