Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

I got the onsite interview after a phone call saying I was recommended by someone. The process took 30 mins. 3 managers interviewed me. They let me go through my resume and asked me some client service questions. What's more, one manager told me that this position only needs high school diploma, while I have a master's degree, so he doubted that I would go away after several weeks of work. Over all, the process is good.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you got bad feedback and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

The digital interview was conducted online the process is pretty easy and convenient.
    Human Resource team will send you the digital interview link and you just have to follow the steps. You can practice the interview before start. However, when you start the interview, you only have 1 chance to record your answer.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      Describe and experience when you failed at your project and how did you respond/   Answer Question

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Very brief. Just wanted to get to know me and my past experiences. They were very friendly and the interview was very casual. Great experience. Took about 6 weeks for the whole process

Sophomore Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

basic process on hirevue. you have 3 chances in total. For each question, you have 3 min to answer, but you do not need to use up all 3 min.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

There were mostly basic questions. All behavioral targeted at why I wanted to work in wealth management and a basic resume run-through. Fairly easy, but definitely be firm on why the industry.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Financial Advisor role generating new clients to sale financial products and grow your book of business. Very hard beginning process but longer rewarded. Phone interview with recruiter screening prospects that are qualified by company standards in this role.

FAA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

online tests, phone interview, video interview. the first test is an iq logic test that gets increasingly harder. second online interview is a day in the life scenario of questions that you have to feel out as if you are currently working as an FAA

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a well structured process, exposure to multiple professionals at varying levels of experience, and well thought out questions as well as thoughtful answers to my inquiries

Interview Questions

• How does D&A flow through the three financial statements?   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by management then the team. The interview process was 3 days long for about 2 hour intervals. Everyone was very nice through the process, management took a general interest into me as a person and wanted to make sure this would be a good fit for me along with the team. Team provided me with a brief summary of their book of business and took interest in getting to know my interest outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a moment where you worked with someone difficult and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview took approximately 3 hours. All 1-1 interviews. Interviewed with my regional manager, regional risk officer, and sales manager. Additional phone call required multi state divisional director. There didn't seem to be very scripted questions. Mostly wanted to see if there was a personality fit. No aptitude test, but a lot of questions about pervious skills and what qualities I would bring to the role.

I applied early March, after several phone screening, I had 3 hour long interview within 1 week. Compliance did take about 3 weeks to clear before I had a start date.

Interview Questions

• strengths/weaknesses...what would my last boss say about me...time I didn't get along with another coworker. Pretty basic questions, but they were really looking for, can this guy work alone, and lead ppl.   Answer Question