Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by management then the team. The interview process was 3 days long for about 2 hour intervals. Everyone was very nice through the process, management took a general interest into me as a person and wanted to make sure this would be a good fit for me along with the team. Team provided me with a brief summary of their book of business and took interest in getting to know my interest outside of work.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a moment where you worked with someone difficult and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview took approximately 3 hours. All 1-1 interviews. Interviewed with my regional manager, regional risk officer, and sales manager. Additional phone call required multi state divisional director. There didn't seem to be very scripted questions. Mostly wanted to see if there was a personality fit. No aptitude test, but a lot of questions about pervious skills and what qualities I would bring to the role.

I applied early March, after several phone screening, I had 3 hour long interview within 1 week. Compliance did take about 3 weeks to clear before I had a start date.

Interview Questions

• strengths/weaknesses...what would my last boss say about me...time I didn't get along with another coworker. Pretty basic questions, but they were really looking for, can this guy work alone, and lead ppl.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Woodland Hills, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

They call and do a phone interview, if you pass that they send you in to take a test, then if you do well in VERY random test you go in for a series of in person interviews

Interview Questions

• Explain an adhoc financial model you have built recently   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

First took an exam at a conference room of Hilton DTLA for the summer analyst of the quantitative finance program. Then scheduled a phone interview. All technical questions! Starting from stochastic calculus, then martingale, programming, probability & linear algebra.

Quantitative Finance, Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The Morgan Stanley guy introduced his team and ask basic questions about the resume. Then, he asked about technical questions, including finance, coding, and probability. Finally, Q&A about the company and the team. It took about 40 minutes in total. There was only one guy on the phone. Not easy >_<

Interview Questions

• Definition and calculating methods of VaR   Answer Question
    • It takes 10 minutes for a bear to cross a road, where on average every 5 minutes a car passing by. What's the probability for the bear to safely cross the road?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Long Beach, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

You met with a Financial advisor, he'll tell you you'll want to quit 90 times in 90 days, meet some more advisors, then they put you on the phone and start you cold calling. If you push back, and try your best, they'll call you later that day and hire you.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in 3 words.
      Can you see yourself doing this for at least 3 years?
      How does your major connect with this job?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Beverly Hills, CA).

Interview

Applied through school website. After following up like crazy, I got called in around a month later to talk with the financial advisor. She arrived a little late but was nice. It's different for every financial advisor, but she didn't ask me any technical questions. She asked more about my last job roles and how I was involved in school and then told me more about the position. Overall, lasted around 45 minutes. Got a call the next week that I got it.

Institutional Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Was contacted by email a couple days later. Signed up for a time to have first round phone interviews. After phone interviews, the recruiter chose 3 of the 12 candidates to move forward and give a super day. The recruiter gave the questions ahead of time, and was generally pretty helpful.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. About 1 week later I received a phone call from the CSA working for the advisor whom I'd be working for to schedule an in-person interview. It was very casual and straight-forward; it was with the advisor and the current CSA. They reviewed my skills and qualifications briefly and then got to know me a bit personally. Immediately following the interview, I was offered to come back for a second round interview with the branch manager. Pretty straight-forward interview going over the roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about you and your personal background.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online and doing a 30 min. aptitude test, I was contacted by MS hiring manager based out of state. She asked basic questions and explained about the training program. It did not seem like a good fit due to high targets. You are expected to start bringing in new business after 6-9 months of training with a target of 10 million a year. Seemed out of reach and the interview felt like they are trying to scare you away from the job to see how much you want it.