Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

3.4

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate- Investor Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through Job portal and received call from HR within 1 week. After forwarding to senior management, was shortlisted and called for interview. 2 rounds
    1st- Manager and Team leader
    2nd- VP

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      Job description(Jobs and Responsibilities)
      Strengths & Weakness
      Family background   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in October 2017.

Interview

1) written aptitude test- Apti based on Derivative and Hedge fund concepts
    2) two technical PI round- based on journal entries and derivatives and resumed based
    3) hr round- simple hr questions

Interview Questions

• - Derivatives products, basic journal enteries,, concepts of hedge funds   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

First aptitude test was conducted containing 19 questions on data structures, DBMS, quants, logic etc. Then there were two technical interviews. The first technical round was elimination round. After technical rounds, there was one HR round.

VP-Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was like below:

2 telephonic technical rounds (1 hr each)
    3 F2F technical rounds (avg 1hr each)
    1 HR round
    2 so called fitment rounds

I was interviewed at Morgan Stanley, Mumbai office for a position which was based out of their bangalore office. Initially the recruiter told they would reimburse the travel to Mumbai office, later said they won't. So I travelled on my own. By the end of the day, the HR team informed that I have made it and asked me to submit my salary slips and present companies offer letter and latest revision letter.

After two days the HR person got in touch again and informed that two fitment rounds have to be done and that it would be just a formality.

The two fitment rounds held from NY, turned out to be full fledged technical rounds in themselves.

After that their was a lull of a week. I called the HR team, but they picked up my call. I mailed them, no reply either. I had to finally get in touch with my recruiter and got to hear the worst explanation of my life, that I did not meet their eligibility criteria. WTF !! seriouslly??

How can a firm tell me this after assurances from the HR team and after seven rounds of interview? Seriously a miser firm which probably wanted a rocket scientist at the pay scale of a barber.

I won't attend any interview with this firm ever. Pissed out to the core of my heart.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

there was one technical round. They focussed mainly on data structures, algorithms. The interview as for approx 1 hr 15 min. It was nice experience. Interviewers were friendly.

Software Developer Interview

Application

Interview

first 2 round were telephonic where first was more into technical while second was mix of technical and behavioral questions. They asked me to come to Mumbai from my place by my own and then I had back to back 5 rounds of technical interviews, each of 1-1.25 hrs and they were kind enought to give me a lunch break after 2 rounds. first 4 rounds went all good, I was able to answer most of the questions correctly. Till last round I was almost exhausted and not in condition to speak properly .

Interview Questions

• All possible questions of WPF and C# if you sum up all the rounds. and 1-2 easy questions of ds and algo.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Got selected through on campus aptitude test. We were called at the Morgan Stanley office for the interview round. Tech-1 - questions on java, data structures, DBMS were asked. After that there was group activity, ProFit interview, Tech-2, HR

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Very nicely structured technical interview and HR interview. Morgan stanley came to our college campus to recruit interns along with full time employees. Although it was for interns, the process was very robust and we were dealt very seriously. The HR team is responsive to queries and keeps you updated about he process via mail and phone.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 Telephonic rounds ,2 F2F rounds, the process tooks 1 week . It was for mumbai location. It was for java profile.Funniest thing i have ever seen in my life .There were two interviewers and both were fighting among themselves for asking questions . They were competing among themselves like child .

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The interview process was really good. Completed all the rounds in matter of 3 hours in spite of there being 4 candidates . I had a video conferencing round, followed by offshore AVP taking the second round, followed by HR round. They asked for my documents in 2 days. I got the offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Business analysis related questions, also about managing tasks and previous roles   2 Answers

Negotiation

Got standard 30% hike, there wasn't much of negotiations relating the offer. I was handed the offer letter saying that would be the final offer.