Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 7, 2017

3.5

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 Telephonic rounds ,2 F2F rounds, the process tooks 1 week . It was for mumbai location. It was for java profile.Funniest thing i have ever seen in my life .There were two interviewers and both were fighting among themselves for asking questions . They were competing among themselves like child .

Analyst - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The interview process was really good. Completed all the rounds in matter of 3 hours in spite of there being 4 candidates . I had a video conferencing round, followed by offshore AVP taking the second round, followed by HR round. They asked for my documents in 2 days. I got the offer in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Business analysis related questions, also about managing tasks and previous roles   2 Answers

Negotiation

Got standard 30% hike, there wasn't much of negotiations relating the offer. I was handed the offer letter saying that would be the final offer.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Although the interview process was very lengthy (8-9 rounds) but all of them were to the point. Interviewers were very clear of the role for which they were interviewing and asked only specific questions.

Interview Questions

• What made me think of joining Morgan Stanley and not any other bank.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Up to the mark and very much in favor of employee.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

8 rounds that includes HR, professional fitment , technical rounds over phone and in person.
    Includes case studies, algebra, calculus, previous implementations , soft skills, leadership roles . Relication related wuestions

Interview Questions

Got a better offer by a competing firm

Product Control Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process is quite long as there are 3-4 technical round followed by the HR round. Your knowledge for the field you apply for should be good enough. There are conference interview too, if your post requires so.

Interview Questions

• There are many situational questions asked to know how to deal with varied situations you face at wok.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a two rounds process . Each round was of 15-20 minutes. Technical round followed by an HR round. Questions ranged from general to technical. Knowledge of current happening in Financial market is very important to crack the Interview. The result was declared on the interview day itself.

Interview Questions

• What is the relationship between Bonds and Interest rate? Justify?   Answer Question
    • Commercial vs Investment Banking   Answer Question
    • 2500 crores of XYZ Company is invested in four markets . What daily financial reports will you submit to XYZ ?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

Had 2 telephonic interview and 3 face to face interview, 1 HR interview and 1 o shore interview.
    After the 1st 2 initial telephonic interviews was asked to travel to mumbai for the fave to face round.
    After the 1st 2 face to face, had the onshore interview. Then had the HR and then again a face to face with VP

Interview Questions

The offer is yet pending

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

basic aptitude and 3 rounds of interview.
    1st round is technical, 2nd round by the executive director vry HR type questions to know your interest and conviction in the profile, 3rd round by head HR

Interview Questions

• HR questions and accounts questions. Questions on NAV very important   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

I got a call from third part Payroll Job, As i was interested to work in Morgan Stanley i accept to give Interview, i enter detail on mail , following step was similar for various job we do.

Equity Fund Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It was good.A written test followed by rounds of interviews.. First round - technical round which basically tests your basics about strategic financial management, second round with VP , third round with HR . You just need to be strong with your basics . Do a good study of the recent market news as well. Be confident and do not take back whatever you say in the technical round - this is the only round where you need to be good rest is on your confidence.

Interview Questions

• Questions about basics in finance , market updates , abbreviations like CRR,SLR etc.   Answer Question