Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.1

368 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First, was a phone interview with a VP from the Prime Brokerage division in NY. If you make it past that, they invite you to NY for in-person interviews. The format was 6 back-to-back interviews at 20 minutes each for a total of 2 hours.

Prime Brokerage Interview

Application

Interview

Filled out application online. Had a phone interview within two weeks -- very basic, gave you a chance to ask questions about the company and the division. Then, I had a Super Day in NY with six 20-minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What is prime brokerage?
      - What is something you like to do in your free time?
      - Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult news.   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round - interviewed on campus, applied through career website for a different job but got interview for this role. 30 minutes technical interview. Rude interviewers.
    2nd round - brought in for super-day. Had a panel, group activity, then brought into a room with 50 interviewers lined up at tables. Completed three 45 minute interviews. The first one went really well, second was okay, and the third went badly. Some of the interviewers were really rude and didn't understand the type of role I was looking for. None of the employees seemed very happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were asked to develop a poker game application. What kinds of questions would you ask and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to their super day, had three 1:1 45-minute interviews. The only behavioral questions I got for all three of them was, "tell me about yourself". 90% of the interviews were technical.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions ranged from knowledge questions (OOP, databases, your preferred language, operating system concepts, etc.), and some puzzles that required moderate comfortableness with stacks, linked lists, and dynamic programming.   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

25 minute interview. Asked typical IB questions. Know basics of 3 valuation techniques and you should be ok. HR was very bad in dealing with scheduling/follow up. Liked my interviewers and was told I did well then didn't hear anything for a few weeks, I asked them and they replied they were having HR difficulties so their process was delayed/messed up.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, walk me through a DCF, what are the three valuation methods, what do you do for fun outside of work   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through the accelerated process for the summer equity research associate position. Was contacted sometime in mid August for a phone interview. Did the first one, and then did another one with a different research analyst the next week. Said they would be in touch, and received email a couple weeks later that I wasn't moving forward in the process.

Wealth Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR for an initial phone interview after about two weeks. Was then brought in for a final round interview at the corporate headquarters in New York about a week after the first round. Both interviews were behavioral. I was given an informal offer the next day, and told to wait a few days for a formal offer letter. Fast forward two week, I reach out to HR, only to be told that the position did not receive formal approval and has been put on hold indefinitely. Im not sure when HR would have told me if I didn't email them directly and ask why the wait was taking so long. I have since emailed the HR recruiter asking her about the timeline for when the role might get approved and about other available roles. I haven't gotten a response. This is the third time that this has happened to me at Morgan Stanley this summer. I won't be applying to any more jobs at this firm. It's a complete waste of time and money I spent traveling to New York. Stop putting jobs online that aren't actually approved by the firm. HR really needs to do better.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The first round was coding problem tackling phone interview, which makes sense a lot. The interviewer was very helpful and intuitive. Then the second round, the questions were more on knowledge base on some of the jquery functions... I personally think this doesn't really tell my Software experience and ability since these are specific knowledge that you can look up on google. You need to test on how Software Engineer should tackle obstacles and how to proceed the thoughts and things NOT on specific knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Do you know ____? type of questions were nonsense. Give me a question to tackle down not pure knowledge you can find on Google.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Referred by a staffing agency. The job description I got from them was very blur and I couldn't get the idea about what the job exactly work for. The interviewer asked for my previous internship in NYC and asked how I know about the job they offered.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Within one week after I applied, I got an email from a recruiter regarding scheduling phone interview. Process was clear and fast. Because their process is moving quickly, I had interview with not the recruiter but directly with an associate on the strategy team.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were either technical or activities from my resume that I have participated in.
      Some of questions I got is as follows.
      What is the lowest credit rating grade?
      What is duration?
      What impact does converting capital lease to operating lease has on balance sheet and income statement?   Answer Question