Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.1

696 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 super day. Super day was three interviews and a team activitiy. Mainly fit and general finance knowledge. It wasn't very technical and the team activity was a group challenge to test teamwork and time management.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing affecting a firm like Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First, was a phone interview with a VP from the Prime Brokerage division in NY. If you make it past that, they invite you to NY for in-person interviews. The format was 6 back-to-back interviews at 20 minutes each for a total of 2 hours.

Prime Brokerage Interview

Application

Interview

Filled out application online. Had a phone interview within two weeks -- very basic, gave you a chance to ask questions about the company and the division. Then, I had a Super Day in NY with six 20-minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What is prime brokerage?
      - What is something you like to do in your free time?
      - Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult news.   Answer Question

Media Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

It went very smoothly. There were several interviews, and the goals/exceptions for the role were clear. The challenges were also discussed, which I found helpful. It's important to have transparency at that stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Would the commute be a challenge for me?   1 Answer

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round - interviewed on campus, applied through career website for a different job but got interview for this role. 30 minutes technical interview. Rude interviewers.
    2nd round - brought in for super-day. Had a panel, group activity, then brought into a room with 50 interviewers lined up at tables. Completed three 45 minute interviews. The first one went really well, second was okay, and the third went badly. Some of the interviewers were really rude and didn't understand the type of role I was looking for. None of the employees seemed very happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were asked to develop a poker game application. What kinds of questions would you ask and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Software Developer(Java)-Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied via third party recruiter. The whole process occurred quickly and smoothly. Get request for phone screen(30 -45 mins) within 3 days that refer program(recruiter submit your application and you need to complete the application via taleo). Phone screen was held by the team lead(10+ yrs with MS), 1. basic tech questions : Java fundamentals+ Spring +Spring MVC + RDBMS (Oracle/DB2/Sybase, anyone is fine) + multi-threading. I mentioned i was not an expert on front end , so all the front end questions were bypassed. 2. Describe the most challenging moment, and how you deal with it. 3 Approaches on tuning up system performance. Get request for onsite the same day, was push to meet in the same week. Onsite was held in midtown-NYC,4 rounds/ 4 people from diff team. For first 3 three rounds , 5-10 mins background discussion + 15 mins tech questions(Java/Spring/DB/SQL, depends on which team was the interviewer from) + 15 coding challenges (1~2 questions, Hackerrank/CarrerCup easy - mid difficulty , done on paper/while board, language can be any you prefer(Java/JS/Scala/Python...), it is fine if not finished the coding, but need to explain the logic ) + 5~ 10 mins questions against the role/MS. Offer was given in the following week.

Interview Questions

• Java fundamentals+ Spring +Spring MVC + RDBMS (Oracle/DB2/Sybase) + multi-threading   Answer Question
    • Describe the most challenging moment, and how you deal with it.   Answer Question
    • 3 Approaches on tuning up system performance   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Went to their super day, had three 1:1 45-minute interviews. The only behavioral questions I got for all three of them was, "tell me about yourself". 90% of the interviews were technical.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions ranged from knowledge questions (OOP, databases, your preferred language, operating system concepts, etc.), and some puzzles that required moderate comfortableness with stacks, linked lists, and dynamic programming.   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an information panel followed by three back-to-back interviews. The interviews were a mix of behavioral but were also heavily technical. The technical questions came directly from resume or were tangental to something I said relating to my resume.

Interview Questions

• How do you use an interface? When would you use an interface and when would you use abstraction?   Answer Question
    • Can you implement a quicksort algorithm?   Answer Question
    • Implement two stacks using one array.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

25 minute interview. Asked typical IB questions. Know basics of 3 valuation techniques and you should be ok. HR was very bad in dealing with scheduling/follow up. Liked my interviewers and was told I did well then didn't hear anything for a few weeks, I asked them and they replied they were having HR difficulties so their process was delayed/messed up.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume, walk me through a DCF, what are the three valuation methods, what do you do for fun outside of work   Answer Question

Equity Research Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through the accelerated process for the summer equity research associate position. Was contacted sometime in mid August for a phone interview. Did the first one, and then did another one with a different research analyst the next week. Said they would be in touch, and received email a couple weeks later that I wasn't moving forward in the process.