Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

3.1

677 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Ow Latency Developer FPGA/C++ Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter. Had three interview plus phone screen. Last round was with MD. First rounds went well. MD however asked odd personal questions, ate his lunch during interview and was very condescending. I at first thought this was some kind of stress test, but later I realized he never wanted to fill this position. He talked about a previous project that failed and how that put him in a difficult political position. I wasted three vacation days to talk to these people plus travel/parking expenses. Not cool...They are still interviewing for this position. Waste your time if you want but be forewarned. They are also cheap. They don't know how much FPGA engineers in finance make. Hint >$280K/yr

Interview Questions

• If I called this guy (so and so that MD knew from previous job), what would he say about you ?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

very easy, they asked about previous role and work. General questions on project management and how can we improve stuff in waterfall vs agile etc. then some puzzle and behavioral questions

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

Interviewer was very polite and well spoken. Made sure I was comfortable and interview went smoothly. Also ran through my resume and ask a series of five to seven questions.

Business Process Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Had 2 successful interview rounds in 2 months for New York location for IBM business process management. Too slow. In first interview, they didn't showed up and I waited for 20 minutes and then hung up the call. Later they called me and said they were busy and will schedule later. After two weeks, they came back again and rushed the interview by 2 people. Second interview was on phone too and the person who took it was again in too rush that he just asked one question and went away.

The third interview - was supposed to be on WebEx. They even confirmed the video is ok on the morning, the actual interview was in the afternoon. At the time of interview, no one showed up. I called them and they said they have an issue connecting video. After 10 mins, interviewer called and told me that they will talk on phone as they are not able to connect to video conference. Anyways, the discussion last for over 30 mins.

After that, 2 weeks passed, no update. I called my vendor and he said he never got any feedback yet. After a month, vendor called and told me that they have not made any decision yet. Until then, nothing yet. No communication from Morgan Stanley whether it's a pass or fail.

This was one of my bad experience interviewing with such a company. Not returning back there or applying for any position in future.

Vice President Market Research and Measurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR first, then face-to-face with hiring manager at their office location at Purchase, NY for about 30 minutes. At the end he told me he was also meeting with multiple candidates and may not have a decision for another 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I need you to take the reigns on a very important meeting. they tell you they want to test 10 new names, what would you do and how would you design the survey?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about sample management?   Answer Question
    • Name 1 recent accomplishment you're very proud of, whether in your professional career or personal life.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

20 minutes interview with the manager at Fixed Income department. Ask me about my PowerPoint skills and details about some projects that I did, because they were looking for someone who has the hands-on experience in the department

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the presentation you've done before   Answer Question

Analyst - Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and wasn't too long. Second interview was a super day at one of their offices in New York, which I enjoyed because I got to see the space. Everyone was very nice, talked with a few people over the course of the day. Received the offer shortly after the interview process was over, a good experience.

Quantitative Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. it took two weeks. Then I attended a written exam. One week later, I got an email said that I passed the exam. Then I was scheduled two rounds of phone interview, and one onsite. Failed the last one.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Sent my resume online, and did some networking. This lead to my first phone interview. My first interview involved a mix of coding questions (I think it was on linkedlists) and some mathematical questions. I was also asked some brain teasers.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First interviewed at a conference and was invited to an onsite super day. The process consisted of a panel discussion, a team activity and three rounds of interviews with engineers there. Pretty frustrating experience because ALL the interviews for the group of candidates happened in the SAME conference room. I felt that there was really no privacy at all and hard to concentrate sometimes due to other people's talking. One of my interviewers was apparently wrong about a run time analysis but he told me that I was wrong when I provided the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Using the object oriented design concepts, how would you describe the current conference room that we are in right now?   Answer Question