Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

3.1

Vice President Market Research and Measurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR first, then face-to-face with hiring manager at their office location at Purchase, NY for about 30 minutes. At the end he told me he was also meeting with multiple candidates and may not have a decision for another 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I need you to take the reigns on a very important meeting. they tell you they want to test 10 new names, what would you do and how would you design the survey?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about sample management?   Answer Question
    • Name 1 recent accomplishment you're very proud of, whether in your professional career or personal life.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

20 minutes interview with the manager at Fixed Income department. Ask me about my PowerPoint skills and details about some projects that I did, because they were looking for someone who has the hands-on experience in the department

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of the presentation you've done before   Answer Question

Business Process Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Had 2 successful interview rounds in 2 months for New York location for IBM business process management. Too slow. In first interview, they didn't showed up and I waited for 20 minutes and then hung up the call. Later they called me and said they were busy and will schedule later. After two weeks, they came back again and rushed the interview by 2 people. Second interview was on phone too and the person who took it was again in too rush that he just asked one question and went away.

The third interview - was supposed to be on WebEx. They even confirmed the video is ok on the morning, the actual interview was in the afternoon. At the time of interview, no one showed up. I called them and they said they have an issue connecting video. After 10 mins, interviewer called and told me that they will talk on phone as they are not able to connect to video conference. Anyways, the discussion last for over 30 mins.

After that, 2 weeks passed, no update. I called my vendor and he said he never got any feedback yet. After a month, vendor called and told me that they have not made any decision yet. Until then, nothing yet. No communication from Morgan Stanley whether it's a pass or fail.

This was one of my bad experience interviewing with such a company. Not returning back there or applying for any position in future.

Analyst - Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and wasn't too long. Second interview was a super day at one of their offices in New York, which I enjoyed because I got to see the space. Everyone was very nice, talked with a few people over the course of the day. Received the offer shortly after the interview process was over, a good experience.

Quantitative Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. it took two weeks. Then I attended a written exam. One week later, I got an email said that I passed the exam. Then I was scheduled two rounds of phone interview, and one onsite. Failed the last one.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Had one brief phone interview with HR then was invited to super day two weeks later. On-site interviews consisted of four 1-on-1's with HR, a senior manager, and two VPs. They ask about Morgan Stanley's core values. Make sure you are able to provide examples of how you align with their core values. It took them forever to make a decision. HR was often unresponsive.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online for campus program, attend school presentation and sign up for written exam. Exam was pretty hard is not prepared, question including math, programming and stochastic calculus. 1 month after the exam was contacted for an interview, which was scheduled 2 weeks later due to holiday season. Had first phone interview with someone sits in Mumbai at 2am EST. Another two phone interviews with teams at London and Hungary. Overall very technical and also focus on personality.

Interview Questions

• Given a series of triplets (x1,x2,y) representing starting point, end point and height of buildings, asked to design an algorithm to draw skyline.   Answer Question
    • Why risk neutral pricing? How to calculate expected return under risk neutral.   Answer Question
    • Relationship of Correlation and Independence   Answer Question
    • Why Morgan Stanley.   Answer Question
    • What is your programming proficiency in C++. What projects have you done?   Answer Question
    • What is smart pointer, how is it implemented.   Answer Question
    • Algorithm to reverse an integer   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process took a week and i interviewed at Morgan Stanley(New York), i applied through university portal, after 2 rounds of on campus interview , i was called on site for the remaining rounds.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

applied on line, received an invitation for a written screening exam in January. Two weeks later, received the first round phone interview invitation from HR. I went through 4 rounds of phone interviews in the following 2 months...