Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 20, 2017

3.1

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

A 30min phone interview with a recruiter from Morgan Stanley. As soon as the interview started, the interviewer started asking in depth technical questions about a project from my resume.

Interview Questions

• How to call a servlet in a JSP??
      What methods are used to send user login data from login page to a servlet??
      What is the difference between Get and Post methods.
      Design a simple login page for a web application.

The above questions were asked, as I listed out a web application in my resume.

I was asked to develop a simple java program to read a file that consists of customerName,email,phoneNumeber and take sutomerName as an input from the user and display their email and phone. The interviewer was interested in the kind of data structure that I would use to store the data and how tom improve the search time.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was through the phone and an analyst or associate just tries to get to know you better and ask questions about your resume. If you pass, then you get a super day where you get interviewed by a few people with more detailed questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, there's a resume screen. I didn't have any contacts, but I suspect that most successful applicants have their resumes flagged by an employee. After that, I had a phone interview with an employee. She was very nice, and asked basic questions about my resume, about "why Morgan Stanley?" along with a "what's going on in the markets?" Then, I was invited to the superday in New York. They pay for your transportation etc., but keep the receipts! The superday consisted of a total of 5 interviews over the course of a few hours, with a couple of breaks. All of them were one-on-one. The interviewers were of mixed experience/fatigue. I could tell that some of them hadn't slept much recently. The interview questions were almost all "tell me about yourself"-type questions. Very easy. Be prepared with the usual "why MS" stuff as well. I heard back three weeks later that I hadn't been selected. Overall, fine experience, fun interview.

Interview Questions

• "Oh, you study ____? Tell me your thoughts on this *recent political event that relates to your studies*."   Answer Question
    • Why Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question
    • "Tell me about *random achievement on your resume*."   Answer Question

Institutional Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I turned in my application and had a call for an interview two days later. They met me at a restaurant and three of them came to interview me. Know why you want to work for them, why you think they are the best firm, and what characteristics you have that fit their needs.

Interview Questions

• Asked about financial principals. Different types of stocks.   Answer Question

Global Risk and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

one Phone interview and then a super-day in NYC. The super day consisted of 3 panels and then the managing director of Morgan Stanley investment Management. The phone interview was brief and they flew me out to New York city 4 days after that interview.

Md Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Tough interview very detailed questions. How do you finance an LBO? Capital ratios? I went through about 10 rounds in one single group. Capital asset pricing models. how do you advise on a cross border merger. what is the most efficient tax structure and shelter in such a transaction as well as a domestic only transaction with 10 separate special purpose vehicles and domiciles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Resume screen when I applied on campus followed by phone interview and superday on site at the Times Square office location. Nothing too difficult or surprising, about 70% behavioral and then a few questions on financial economics material

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would adjust risk for different individuals   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was first given a written exam and then a phone interview. Didn't do a good job in finance part since my backgroup is more like programming. The phone interview is conducted two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Common questions like statistics(coin toss, condition probability) and some general algorithm questions(sorting, hashing and so on)   Answer Question

Risk Manager Interview

Application

Interview

This is an onsite interview lasting for a whole afternoon. 3 back to back interview and one group activity. Most of the questions are based on my resume and a lot of technical quesitons

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

My resume was selected through career fair. I was called for the first round of interview. I really don't know the basis on which they select resumes. The process was simple. A half an hour first round. I do not know about the rest of the process as I wasn't selected for the second round. First round it not technical. Just a regular over-the-coffee kind of chit-chat.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley? Describe the architecture of the web application you are building. Previous project experience, what you are interested in doing, what do you plan on achieving by pursuing this internship? All behavioural questions, nothing much technical. I had thought that I had done pretty well in the interview but yet I did not get a call.

The people at Morgan Stanley seem to be sweet and hard working. I feel I should work on improving my interview skills further. Nothing against Morgan Stanley, it is a really good company and it utilizes technology to make progress in its business. Cheers!
      Answer Question