Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

737 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

On campus interview followed by an on-site final round. I was remote for the on campus interview so they changed that to a phone interview. Was not selected for the on-site final round. I am not a coder so I was applying for the business analyst function, so basically a project manager role. It was 30 minutes and was most chatting a pretty standardized interivew format.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Went in for one in person interview with two managers. The interview went well and the managers were impressed. However I did not receive an offer and received no negative feedback.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an issue that involves a senior official.   Answer Question

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First, was a phone interview with a VP from the Prime Brokerage division in NY. If you make it past that, they invite you to NY for in-person interviews. The format was 6 back-to-back interviews at 20 minutes each for a total of 2 hours.

Prime Brokerage Interview

Application

Interview

Filled out application online. Had a phone interview within two weeks -- very basic, gave you a chance to ask questions about the company and the division. Then, I had a Super Day in NY with six 20-minute interviews.

Interview Questions

• - What is prime brokerage?
      - What is something you like to do in your free time?
      - Tell me about a time you had to deliver difficult news.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview followed by a Super Day the next week, 4 20 min interviews, 3 behavioral, 1 technical; rejected the following day; straightforward process, difficult superday/mid difficult phone interview

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Firstly introduce myself then a few fundamental questions about knowledge related to resume. After that, a algorithm question was asked to code on white paper. Last one was a DB design question.

Public Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online, was called to do a phone interview, supposed to have lasted for 20 minutes but went on to be 30 minutes. The interview was relatively straight forward and it was all fit questions, not any technicals.

Interview Questions

• Why is public finance and why do you want to do it? What qualities do you think are most important for public finance?   Answer Question

Equity Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was invited to Inside Access Day where I had one day of networking and one day of interviews. Interview day was 3 consecutive 1x1 interviews with current Morgan Stanley Equity Researchers. Heard a few weeks later that I would not be moving on.

Institutional Equities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I first had an initial inerview over the phone which was pretty basic then about a day later I got a super day which was a set of 4 interviews all in a row.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

Interview

I had applied to this from my school and had an interview in the school one to one with the alumni of the school and VP of Morgan Stanley

Interview Questions

• What is morgan stanley?   1 Answer
    • What was last years revenue?   1 Answer
    • How important is cyber security to morgan stanley   Answer Question
    • What was global 2008 economic crisis and how it affected Morgan Stanley   Answer Question