Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 155 of over 4.8K interviews

Staffing Agency10%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

first step is a resume screening. they invite you to a phone interview if you advance to the next round. lots of behavioral / situational questions, less about the company. depending on who your interviewer is, it can be a bit intimidating even if you think you've prepared.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time you had a difficult conversation with someone
    Answer Question

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

After my online application I had to take the psychometric test which had a situational judgment component and an abstract reasoning component. Once they reviewed my score I was invited for a phone interview.

Interview Questions
  • The interview had the standard questions that one can expect like, why did you choose them?

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

It was a 30 minute phone interview because it was only the first round. Only behavioral questions and then you just wait to hear back about the next round. It was a pleasant conversation and the questions were not too difficult.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you weren’t right about something and what did you do about it

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in Sep 2020

Interview

The online test process was sent by way of email due to the pandemic, the recruitment process was through university recruitment. Resumes are shortlisted first and then the online test is conducted, the online test consisted of personality questions, logical reasoning and behavioral questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bangalore) in Sep 2020

Interview

Logical reasoning, Pyschometric tests, 2 technical rounds( related to finance and accounts) and the last HR round. There was very few aptitude reasoning questions and make sure your basics in accounts are right.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in Apr 2020

Interview

2 rounds of interviews. First round was a simple 30 minute phone conversation going over my resume and prior experiences. Second round of interviews was 3-30 minute interviews. One phone call, two zoom. The questions got increasingly more intense as you get through each of the rounds. Questions were focused on leadership style, problem solving, communication skills, knowledge of the company, and morals.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you had to de-escalate a situation between two good friends, and how did you go about it?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (South Jordan, UT) in Feb 2020

Interview

Took over 2 months to get back to me. A recruiter from across the country contacted me and asked very rigid typical interview questions, but refused to answer any of my probing questions about the role/company/salary.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Morgan Stanley

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in Nov 2019

Interview

The process was very smooth and the interviewer was very friendly throughout the process. The interview lasted no more than 40 mins with about 10 questions asked. I would say definitely do research on the company and the role you are applying.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in Nov 2019

Interview

I applied through my school career board and as well on the MS site. It took almost a month before I heard back for the first round interview which took place on campus. Very behavioral and relaxed interview. After that, it was another two weeks until I got invited to their super day at the fells point location. It consisted of two back to back 30 min interviews and then a group activity where we had two minutes to memorize a lego structure and 20 minutes to recreate it and come up with a pitch to sell it the observers.

Interview Questions
  • What is something you could never do that went against your morals?

Morgan Stanley

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley

Interview

the interview goes through many stages. 1st round is resume based , further rounds are mostly group tasks. Most of questions asked were based on your resume and some personality or situational questions. The questions were more focused towards how one acts in a team or describing group tasks situations

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 155 Interviews