Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a pre-night where everyone sat at a large conference table and asked questions. Everything was behavioral. The employees were very friendly and willing to answer any questions. The pre-night was a laid back setting. The in person interview was 30-minutes and one on one. The interviewer was helpful in answering any questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with senior, hiring manager and VP in Baltimore. Interview questions mainly focused on resume. Hiring manager was very nice and made a detailed self introduction at the beginning of the interview which helped me to become less nervous during the interview and it went out well. The hiring manager required me to go back for another round of interviews right after our interview. The senior was a lady who just came back to the financial industry after being a full time housewife for 20 years. She kept talking about her personal working and life experience and asked easy questions about my internship and school academic work. The VP interview was a tough one and you can see VP was not interested in the interview from the beginning. The VP dug deeply into resume stated work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First round was 15 phone interview to set up a in-person interview the following week. One hour in-person interview with HR manager. Then I received a call back to set up second round of interviews. This consisted of two 30-minute interviews followed by a team group project. Received an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Two managers interview, One comes first then another. Both are nice. At the initiation of the interview, they will introduce the job and company background to help you know better about this position. Then they ask some questions like what's your understanding for this industry or this job, what's your long term goal

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2016.

Interview

First round of interviews was conducted on campus. After the first interview I was invited to Morgan Stanley's office for two one-on-one interviews and a group activity that involved solving a ficticous business problem. A group of about 10 candidates were split into 2 teams and asked to solve a business problem and than give a presentation on our solution. During the activity the two groups are asked to get together and collaborate.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      What do you know about Morgan Stanley?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

This was done through a staffing agency. Morning interviews with 3 people (managers), roughly 20 mins long. Standard questions with a few postion specific thrown in. Mostly a general fit type interview, being able to elaborate answers without "bragging" will be a big plus. Morgan Stanley likes to hear buzzwords like "streamline" "teamwork" "synergy" try to throw them into your answer, but not in a forced way.

Interview Questions

• A customer or client in your current/previous job had a problem, what did you do fix it? Who did you ask for help?   1 Answer

Negotiation

As a temp/consultant I didn't have much room to negotiate. Start date is flexible within 2 weeks, but pay is pretty set in stone

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

On-campus interview with a manager, then proceeded to super day interviews at the Baltimore office which consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews and a group assignment. Straight-forward, behavioral questions. Be able to discuss your experience and why you want to work for Morgan Stanley and specifically in Operations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagree with someone on a team and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very easy applied through the school career website, they contact me within 2 weeks after the application deadline. First round interview was set up for the following week through the college. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Second round interview was at Morgan Stanley, consisted of another two 30 minute interviews and a group project/presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Morgan Stanley   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college career site. First phone interview basically screening. If you pass phone interview you go to first round and second round later. Doesn't seem very hard to do but because it is Morgan Stanley, their HR team looking for the best people. I wasn't very prepared, so articulate every single detail when you have a chance to interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, only personal questions. Tell me about yourself, job experiences and school activities on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my schools career website and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. I had the phone interview with a manager for the basic questions. (What is Operations? Why Operations? Tell me about yourself.). Then I got to the super day for the final rounds of interviews (about a week and a half later). It was supposed to take 3 hours but we got out early (9am-11am) was supposed to go to 12pm. There were about 10 of us and we met with a few employees in a conference room and got a itinerary of the day. You will meet with 2 people back to back (30 minutes each) and then you will have the group project with 4 other people. The project was dealing with a power issue in their Brooklyn office and you had to work as a team to figure out the best way to get through and possibly fix the situation. Make sure you work as a team and encourage others to share their ideas. You will then present it to the group of managers and explain the reasoning to your conclusion.

I met some great candidates and unfortunately I did not receive an offer. It was the best experience I had with an interview and I wish I got the position because it is a dream of mine to work for MS. If you get the opportunity for the super day, make sure you are on point, this is a great opportunity to work for an amazing company.

(They say it will take 2 weeks to hear back, but some of my classmates got a call that day and the day after the interview), I was contacted later the week via email with the decline.