Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 16, 2017

2.8

123 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I feel like jobs in operations do not require a degree, it is something that could be easily picked up , anyone can do this job, with two weeks of training

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through university and on the website. First round interview was on campus and then super day at their Baltimore, MD office. Both rounds was mostly behavioral questions, nothing technical. The group case was pretty straightforward - again, nothing technical.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in operations at Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online in October, got an invitation for a phone interview in March. Phone interview was strictly behavioral - took place on Friday, got an email invitation to an in-person interview the following Monday. Interview was 2 one-on-one interviews and one group activity. One-on-ones were mostly behavioral and the group was a standard business solutions activity. Interview in Baltimore was on a Friday, heard back the following Tuesday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (West Jordan, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online
    Was called a few days later to set up a phone interview
    After the phone interview was invited to an in person group interview that consisted of two one-on-ones followed by a group project

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and the process took 4+ weeks. First round was a behavioral phone interview. Second round was Superday in NYC with two back to back 30 minute behavioral interviews and one group case interview.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about a time you worked in a team and encountered a challenge
      -Why do you want to work at Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a pre-night where everyone sat at a large conference table and asked questions. Everything was behavioral. The employees were very friendly and willing to answer any questions. The pre-night was a laid back setting. The in person interview was 30-minutes and one on one. The interviewer was helpful in answering any questions.

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Met with senior, hiring manager and VP in Baltimore. Interview questions mainly focused on resume. Hiring manager was very nice and made a detailed self introduction at the beginning of the interview which helped me to become less nervous during the interview and it went out well. The hiring manager required me to go back for another round of interviews right after our interview. The senior was a lady who just came back to the financial industry after being a full time housewife for 20 years. She kept talking about her personal working and life experience and asked easy questions about my internship and school academic work. The VP interview was a tough one and you can see VP was not interested in the interview from the beginning. The VP dug deeply into resume stated work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. First round was 15 phone interview to set up a in-person interview the following week. One hour in-person interview with HR manager. Then I received a call back to set up second round of interviews. This consisted of two 30-minute interviews followed by a team group project. Received an offer a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Two managers interview, One comes first then another. Both are nice. At the initiation of the interview, they will introduce the job and company background to help you know better about this position. Then they ask some questions like what's your understanding for this industry or this job, what's your long term goal

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

Three rounds in 1.5 hours. Fairly easy, general questions on banking industry and mainly focused on behavior prospective. Interviewers are relatively approachable and they were able to answer questions regarding company's daily tasks