Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

On-campus interview with a manager, then proceeded to super day interviews at the Baltimore office which consisted of 2 one-on-one interviews and a group assignment. Straight-forward, behavioral questions. Be able to discuss your experience and why you want to work for Morgan Stanley and specifically in Operations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagree with someone on a team and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Very easy applied through the school career website, they contact me within 2 weeks after the application deadline. First round interview was set up for the following week through the college. It consisted of two 30 minute interviews. Second round interview was at Morgan Stanley, consisted of another two 30 minute interviews and a group project/presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work at Morgan Stanley   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied through college career site. First phone interview basically screening. If you pass phone interview you go to first round and second round later. Doesn't seem very hard to do but because it is Morgan Stanley, their HR team looking for the best people. I wasn't very prepared, so articulate every single detail when you have a chance to interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing technical, only personal questions. Tell me about yourself, job experiences and school activities on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my schools career website and was contacted by a recruiter within a few days. I had the phone interview with a manager for the basic questions. (What is Operations? Why Operations? Tell me about yourself.). Then I got to the super day for the final rounds of interviews (about a week and a half later). It was supposed to take 3 hours but we got out early (9am-11am) was supposed to go to 12pm. There were about 10 of us and we met with a few employees in a conference room and got a itinerary of the day. You will meet with 2 people back to back (30 minutes each) and then you will have the group project with 4 other people. The project was dealing with a power issue in their Brooklyn office and you had to work as a team to figure out the best way to get through and possibly fix the situation. Make sure you work as a team and encourage others to share their ideas. You will then present it to the group of managers and explain the reasoning to your conclusion.

I met some great candidates and unfortunately I did not receive an offer. It was the best experience I had with an interview and I wish I got the position because it is a dream of mine to work for MS. If you get the opportunity for the super day, make sure you are on point, this is a great opportunity to work for an amazing company.

(They say it will take 2 weeks to hear back, but some of my classmates got a call that day and the day after the interview), I was contacted later the week via email with the decline.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university as well as online through Morgan Stanley's website. I was soon after invited to an on campus information session as well as an on campus first round interview. The first round was a simple, what do you know about us / what can you bring to us setup. The recruiter emailed me the next morning letting me know that I was invited to a final round interview the day after that. The final round included a group activity as well as two interviews with different managers. The questions were very similar to the first round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Team based exercises and two solo interviews. The human resources department had a major role in the process. Everything was organized very well and the materials handed out at the career day were great.

Had a different offer

Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

Received the interview through a staffing agency. This company was very responsive in terms of scheduling the interview and responding within a few days concerning whether I interviewed with multiple people before the session ended. I received an offer or made it to the next round. Great company, and anyone applying should be really interested in the job.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. What are the responsibilities of this position?
      3. Why apply for Operation Analyst? Why Morgan Stanley?
      4. Greatest weakness / strength?
      5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fast and the HR department was very responsive. Started off by attending an information session at my university on Monday. The first round interviews (30-minute one-on-one) were with an HR manager on Tuesday. Then I received a call back on Wednesday for Friday's second round interviews. This consisted of a group interview with a problem-solving scenario (1 hour) and two more one-on-one interviews (30-minutes each) with Operations managers. Received an offer the following Monday.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

One "super day" interview at their office. Interviewed with HR and then 3 manager for different teams. Finished with a creative "teamwork" activity. I was with a group of other interviewees and we had to work together to build an architectural model out of office products such as paper clips, tape, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client/employee and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2015.

Interview

First round was one 30 minute interview. Second round was two 30 minute interviews and a group activity. All behavioral questions, nothing technical. For the group activity we were divided into two groups to work on a problem. Then, they combined the groups and we had to work together to present our solution. For the interview, know what operations does.

Interview Questions

• Best group you've worked with, a time you were wrong, a time you had to have a tough conversation, why Morgan Stanley, why operations.   Answer Question