Morgan Stanley Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Operations Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.5

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Short interview at university followed by longer one at company HQ that had 3 interviews and a group project. Questions were mostly behavioral and everyone was nice. Not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

There were basically three parts to the interview process. A phone interview, a pre-Interview for the superday , and then the next day was the super day, where we had four rotational rounds of interview with different people. Each person in the first 3 rounds focused on different types of questions, behavioral, situational and the common question of about the company. In the last round of the super day, we (all the interviewees) had to work as a team to basically sell an investment idea to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What is your greatest strength, What are the four core values   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Two 30 minute interview with senior staff working in the operations department and group activity with the other candidates. The group activity consisted of using Lego to build a construction and then sell it to the people who were observing us.

Interview Questions

• Describe what is an investment bank. Why Operations? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What's your understanding of Operations? Why Operations?   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. The questions were behavioral in nature. They were determining fit rather than asking technical questions. I had a brief phone interview, followed by a 2 person 30 minute interview, then I met with every partner individually along with the operations staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Mostly behavioral and fit question
    There were 3 people involved in an interview
    2people from one team and 1 from the other. The hiring manager told me that they are looking to fill the position quickly so they will be reaching out within a week. However, after a week there was no comment what so ever so I guess I am not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client/employee and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • why Morgan Stanley   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

tBefore the interview there were a few meetings about the positions. Then I took the interview with one of the HR reps and it only took about 20 minutes. Then I heard their decision within a few days.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you disagreed with a teammate/ co-worker, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

Very generic questions. Absolutely no technical questions. 2 rounds only. 1 at school and 1 at office. Also interviewed with alum that worked at the office so it was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Hobbies/interests, team skills, basic skills, etc...
      Second round includes a presentation to board of VPs and EDs in which they rate your ability to work as team and communicate.   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The entire interview process took 1 week. MS held a Pre-interview Q&A panel on Monday where you got to meet the people who you will be interviewing with. The actual interview was on Wednesday and all of the questions asked required specific examples from past experiences. Superday was on Thursday and consisted of 2 one on one interviews and one group presentation. All questions were behavioral/fit. The group presentation consists of working in a team to create something and presenting the results. General format of the presentation: Two competing teams working on a single assignment, halfway through, you are given a massive restriction/change in the assignment to see how you think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you: worked in a team, worked with a difficult person, worked harder than you expected, worked in what you would consider the best team you ever had, had a conflict with a teammate, had a difficult conversation with another person.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Round 1: Brief phone interview. They only asked basic personality questions just to test if you are able to hold a conversation.
    Round 2: Super Day at NYC office - Group exercise, 2 one-on-one interviews.
    The group exercise is a project that starts as a competition between several small groups but then becomes a large group that must mesh their ideas together. At the end of the project candidates are expected to present their ideas and all candidates are expected to contribute their input.
    The two individual interviews are with two different recruiters that both ask similar questions. Questions are based on the knowledge you have about the company, the function of Operations, Excel as well as questions based on your resume, experience and strengths and weaknesses.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Came to my school to recruit. 3 day interview process. Day 1 networking and panel session at night. 2nd day round 1 interviews. 2 30 minute interviews. Call that night for round 2 interviews. 2 more 30 min interviews and 30 min group interview. Got the offer the next week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None