Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First round on campus 30mn
Second round off campus at MS site. 2 individual interviews and 1 group project

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school Starr Search Program. Was emailed about 2 weeks later saying I had been chosen for the first round of interviews on my campus. The night before the interview, Morgan Stanley held a pre-night information session where there was a panel of Operations employees. They talked a little about Operations and you had the chance to ask questions then network. The first round of interviews were all behavioral. They asked what your greatest weakness/strength was, a time where you worked in a team and any problems that arose, and questions to that nature. I was contacted the next afternoon saying I had made the second round, which was Superday. Superday was today, and it consisted of a group project to see how you work in a team and then two more behavioral interviews. I was contacted about 5 hours later, extending me the offer to work as an Operations Summer Analyst and I accepted. Everyone was very friendly and made the whole experience stress-free and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. All behavioral so make sure you know your resume and are ready to talk about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation because it is a summer internship.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Initially learned of the position through my campus career website and attended an information session on campus about 2 weeks before a career fair. Spoke with them again at the career fair and was asked to an on campus interview about a week later. First interview was about 30 minutes and was strictly behavioral. I was asked back for a second round of interviews on campus the next day. Two more 30 minute interviews with managers at the firm and a group activity. I received my offer the next day. The entire process was pretty easy and everyone was very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Just behavioral. I came from a science background, so I was asked "why finance?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Flat rate set based on a full time, entry level analysts salary. Was also offered a housing and travel stipend.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was notified I was selected for a first round interview 3 days later. The first round interviews took place on-campus a week after the notification and consisted of one-on-one with an operations director. I was notified I made it to the final round the next morning and went to their office a day later. The Super Day consisted of two 1:1 interviews and a group exercise with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you failed
      Describe a time you worked on a team
      Describe a time you were wrong
      What makes you a good fit for a corporate job?
      Describe a difficult conversation you've had

Group Exercise: City limits are a square, and the downtown area is another square in the the center of the city. Design a network of primary and secondary roadways to allow easy travel to the downtown area while keeping costs as low as possible. (20 minutes)
      -Who do you think was a leader?
      -Who would you like to work with again?
      -What did someone do well?
      -What would you change?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2015.

Interview

Only had a phone interview which lasted roughly 30 mins. All behavioral and how you work in a group and what makes a group successful. Need to know a lot about with firm and why you want to work there. Overall was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?

Do you know the services of an I-Bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resumed through my college's career center. Was notified 3 weeks later that I was selected for an interview. The interview process was quick. First interview was on my campus with a HR rep. Once that interview was completed, waited 2 days and heard back that I made the final interviews. Final interviews were intimidating. First activity was a group one, you were divided up into two groups- about 4 members each. We were asked to come up with a highway system that would be the most cost efficient and convenient for entering and leaving a metropolitan city during 8am and 5pm rush hour. After the group interview, we had 2 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• A time when you were wrong?
      A time when you worked in a group and one member did not contribute?
      Why Morgan Stanley/Operations?
      Describe a time you were a successful leader?
      Explain a difficult conversation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Morgan Stanley Career website. I received an email from them, 3 months later informing me that I had been selected to do a phone interview. the Phone interview was very behavioral. And then I was asked to attend a super-day interview session in New York. The super-day went well, it consisted of 3 interviews, and one group project/presentation with the other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Attended career discovery day, networked with Senior and Junior analysts then was emailed by the campus recruiter that i had a final round interview. Interview was done in three parts, two individual interviews then a group project. Project was a problem and was very confusing to understand. goodluck

Anonymous Employee in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Binghamton, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

1st day was 1 30 minute 1:1 interview
    2nd day was 2 30 minute 1:1 interview and a group interview with 6 other applicants
    It was challenging with so many interviews in only 2 days. The group interview was fun, but tricky to make yourself standout among 6 other people.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working in a diverse environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in October 2018.

Interview

A campus interview as a screening process. Then got called for the final round of interviews at their Baltimore office. Two one on ones and a group activity with the other interviewees. All behavioral questions and why I want to work for MS.