Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

2.9

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in November 2017.

Interview

First interview was 30 mins on college campus, second was in their office with two 30 min one-on-one's and an hour long group activity with 7 other candidates where you had to solve an operations problem

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

Interview

Resume dropped on my school's career portal then did a 30 minute on campus interview. The second round was at the Baltimore office. We did a group project then had two 30 minute one-on-one interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online + my university. Had an on campus interview with a great gentleman and was invited for a super day. Super day had 2 interviews and then a group project. My in-person interviewers personally were ok but my friends who also interviewed and didnt get offers had really dry interviewers so it basically it came down to who interviewed you for you to do well. The group study was kind of cringeworthy now that I think about it because people from the same school as me were pit against each other and basically the person who had the best acting skills did well. So make sure you can put on a show for that project because it really doesn't prove anything besides how well you can act.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Process took 2+ months. Was a phone interview then a super day which consisted of 2 one on one interviews and 1 team/group activity. Overall a very great experience with the interviewers and the recruiters/ managers that I spoke with. Very easy to talk to and had a fun time during the process. Nothing was out of the ordinary for questions. All basic knowledge that should be known about resume work and about the Morgan Stanley firm.

Interview Questions

• What is operations and what is your knowledge on finance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Attended career discovery day, networked with Senior and Junior analysts then was emailed by the campus recruiter that i had a final round interview. Interview was done in three parts, two individual interviews then a group project. Project was a problem and was very confusing to understand. goodluck

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

30 minute 1-1 Phone Interview followed In-Person Super-Day at 1585 Broadway. Super day consisted of 2 in-person 30-minute 1-1 interviews from management followed by a group activity supervised by all interviewers and HR staff

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a difficult decision and what the aftermath was like.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in March 2015.

Interview

Only had a phone interview which lasted roughly 30 mins. All behavioral and how you work in a group and what makes a group successful. Need to know a lot about with firm and why you want to work there. Overall was an easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?

Do you know the services of an I-Bank?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resumed through my college's career center. Was notified 3 weeks later that I was selected for an interview. The interview process was quick. First interview was on my campus with a HR rep. Once that interview was completed, waited 2 days and heard back that I made the final interviews. Final interviews were intimidating. First activity was a group one, you were divided up into two groups- about 4 members each. We were asked to come up with a highway system that would be the most cost efficient and convenient for entering and leaving a metropolitan city during 8am and 5pm rush hour. After the group interview, we had 2 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• A time when you were wrong?
      A time when you worked in a group and one member did not contribute?
      Why Morgan Stanley/Operations?
      Describe a time you were a successful leader?
      Explain a difficult conversation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Morgan Stanley Career website. I received an email from them, 3 months later informing me that I had been selected to do a phone interview. the Phone interview was very behavioral. And then I was asked to attend a super-day interview session in New York. The super-day went well, it consisted of 3 interviews, and one group project/presentation with the other candidates.

Summer Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The first round was one 30 minute interview. The second round consisted of two 30 minute interviews and one hour long group interview with 5 other people. Everyone that I talked to was very helpful with answering my questions and very friendly. HR got back to me very quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.