Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Morgan Stanley Operations Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Thorough online tests before being invited for a telephone interview. Upon passing this I was then invited to the assessment centre. After this it was around 6 weeks before I heard if I was successful or not.

Interview Questions

• Where I seen myself in 10 years within Morgan Stanley?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Morgan Stanley had the best interview process I've experienced. The period of time between submitting my application and getting my offer was no longer than 6 weeks. Great feedback was given at every stage, with guidelines on when I'd hear back always adhered to. The assessment centre was really enjoyable, due in part to the strength based interviews but also due to the hands on nature of the group activity.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a time you have had to make a difficult decision, even though you knew it could have unpleasant consequences?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Online application follow by online tests; next stage was a short 10 min phone interview; then shortlisted for a more in depth 45 minute phone interview. Final stage was an assessment centre consisting of group exercise, interview similar to the phone interview, as well as a case study and presentation on 3 scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take a step back from a situation in order to analyse it.   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

First telephone interview with a human resources associate. She asked general motivation questions in 15/20 minutes. The second telephone interview with a Morgan Stanley operations VP of about 40 minutes, strenght-based interview with 10/15 questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you helped your team doing a certain thing   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Online Application

Standard online application form with motivation questions about why you are interested in finance and ops.

2. Online Tests

Numerical Test, Comprehension Test and speed test thing where you have to read numbers. I'd advise you practice these beforehand.

3. Phone Interview

Competency based questions, very standard. Also ask about your interest in Morgan Stanley and why you have applied to this role. About 30 mins, quite relaxed

4. Assessment Centre Day

2 Interviews throughout the day, both competency based again, 15/20 mins each with 2 interviewers from ops. All the interviewers were nice. Group task follows the interviews, standard again with 4 people in the room observing. Mainly focussed on how well you incorporate the core MS values and how well you interact with each other. Half way through the task they always change the scenario slightly so be prepared to adapt.

Also have the opportunity to chat with current interns and grads which is nice. Everyone was very friendly, quite relaxed setting.

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Online application (answer a few questions on why you want to work there, do a math test and a test requiring to see how well you work with many numbers and whether you identify differences in a short period of time), phone interview, assesment centre (where I had 2 interviews with 2 people from the company each and one group assesment).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to tell someone something they didn't want to hear.   1 Answer