Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Purchase, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.7

Vice President Market Research and Measurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR first, then face-to-face with hiring manager at their office location at Purchase, NY for about 30 minutes. At the end he told me he was also meeting with multiple candidates and may not have a decision for another 2-3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• I need you to take the reigns on a very important meeting. they tell you they want to test 10 new names, what would you do and how would you design the survey?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about sample management?   Answer Question
    • Name 1 recent accomplishment you're very proud of, whether in your professional career or personal life.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

The process was very professional from beginning to end. I was instructed to park in the large driveway right in front of the office's main door. The building itself was a beautiful marble structure, inside there was a very clear corporate atmosphere. The dress code is strictly suits for men, and no facial hair. The receptionist quickly identified my appointment, printed me a temporary security tag, and reached my contact. After sitting for no-more then 5 minutes, my contact arrived and brought me into the heart of the building, very professional, beautiful, and corporate. The interview took place in my contacts personal office, but was way more relaxed then the hallways and public spaces. The interview went very smooth and no trick or fad-like questions were given. I was disappointed that I did not receive a callback, seemed like a great organization to gain experience.

Interview Questions

• Why did i choose MS? Do i know what MS does? How do i deal with pressure? Give an example of when you had multiple problems and had to tackle all of them.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

On site interview with members of the team that consisted of fit and behavior questions. The members of the team were cordial but the whole process was confusing. They told me that they would get back to me and never did. On top of this I had another interview with the company, unrelated, and the same exact thing happened. I received no feedback or response on the position from anyone from the company. I know that no company is required to get back to employees after interviews but there is a standard of professionalism that is expected. I would not interview or work for this company ever, period.

Interview Questions

• What type of culture are you looking for.   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The experience was terrible, for me. They were really looking for someone with more of a background in the financial sector. The interviewer advised me that she had asked the recruiter to bring in individuals with strong generalist backgrounds from other industries, and then she told me that it would be a huge learning curve.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer was mostly interested in my employee relations experience.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone screen, exploratory interview, in person interview with multiple team members, then offer. Overall very straightforward. HR was very helpful. Interviewed with all levels of employees, from associates to executive directors that I would eventually work with. Talked extensively about what the team did on a day to day basis. Went through my resume and other work experience. Fairly generic questions, mostly geared to see if there was a good personality match, as the position was a fairly junior one.

Interview Questions

• The taxi cab medalion question, where one needs to determine how much one would bid on a taxi cab medalion   Answer Question

Vice President, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY).

Interview

I went through 4 interviews. First was with HR next was with the sales manager, third was with the administrative manager, final interview was with business head. It was a fair and balanced interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently in your business right now to improve the situation and increase sales?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate and come very close to the compensation I was going after. The business head was upfront and direct and let me know that he wanted me for the job.

Investor Fund Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through university job database heard back within a week asking for an interview. Met with the supervisor of the Intern program as well as a young entry level analysts. Ran through my resume top to bottom. Really wanted to know about the Excel work I did and how it was applicable to my analytical and quantitative skills.

Interview Questions

• Wanted specific example from a project on my resume about how i had to use my analytical skills.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial phone interview then interviewed with three additional people live. Each person spent about 20 min with me and just chatted candidly. The interviewers spent more time explaining the job and making sure it was something I was wiling to do.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt anything increadibly difficult to answer. Normal interview questions about goals, plans, interests, qualifications, education, etc.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Purchase, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Typical, interview process. I met with Human Resources first, then with the hiring manager and finally a diverse group of people from the hiring team. Was asked to describe market and operations specific questions around pricing data flows. Was also asked how I would handle certain situations, large volumes, ect. The harder question was how I would manage the interaction with 17,000 financial advisors and ways to make communication manageable and auditable.

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered the position and I took it. Looking back now, I should always negotiate.