Morgan Stanley Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan Stanley Quantitative Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 6, 2017

3.6

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First short talk with HR on the phone (questions about CV). Then phone interview with employee. Basic questions (walk me through resume, experience) and a couple of brain teasers and simple coding problems.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online for campus program, attend school presentation and sign up for written exam. Exam was pretty hard is not prepared, question including math, programming and stochastic calculus. 1 month after the exam was contacted for an interview, which was scheduled 2 weeks later due to holiday season. Had first phone interview with someone sits in Mumbai at 2am EST. Another two phone interviews with teams at London and Hungary. Overall very technical and also focus on personality.

Interview Questions

• Given a series of triplets (x1,x2,y) representing starting point, end point and height of buildings, asked to design an algorithm to draw skyline.   Answer Question
    • Why risk neutral pricing? How to calculate expected return under risk neutral.   Answer Question
    • Relationship of Correlation and Independence   Answer Question
    • Why Morgan Stanley.   Answer Question
    • What is your programming proficiency in C++. What projects have you done?   Answer Question
    • What is smart pointer, how is it implemented.   Answer Question
    • Algorithm to reverse an integer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through college or university.First round was the quantitative exam. Second round as phone interview. For the interview was selected out of the written quant exam. Process took around three weeks.

Interview Questions

• Had a phone interview from Strats and Modeling group. It was with Securitized Products Group. Questions consisted of basic bond math,some simple brain teasers   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

Depending on what desk you interview with, questions vary a lot. I interviewed with three desks, and each interview had varying difficulty of questions and one only asked one easy technical question and the rest was fit. Overall very nice people; helped guide you through harder problems.

Interview Questions

• Write optimal program to find nth term in Fibonacci sequence   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online then asked to take the Quantitative Finance Exam which contains math, financial math, programming and finance. 70 questions in 60 minutes all multiple choice. Programming questions are in Java or C++, you have a choice. The questions were not hard but takes time to compute. Impossible to finish. Wrong answer gets points deduction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Phone interview, then on-site.

Interview Questions

• What's the best unbiased estimator for a series random variables?   3 Answers

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2014.

Interview

phone interview. very technical. Some questions about math and c++

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in December 2013.

Interview

I took an quantitative exam onsite, and then have interview with two teams. Different teams were in charge of their own hiring for quantitative analyst, i.e. strategist. My interview with each of the two teams last for 35 minutes. All of the questions are basic technical questions. As long as you can fully understand any quantitative finance interview books, the questions should be easy for you. They also asked questions on resume, but also from a technical aspect.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected questions is that they challenged the model I used for a academic project. They ask how do you know your model is appropriate for the problem. This questions seems easy, but I did not prepare and thus screwed up the interview.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

first round phone interview - typical - "walk me over resume",difference between C, C++. Overloading v/s Overriding. a couple of brain teasers. I guess it went Okay

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

First round is phone interview. The interviewer first introduced his team and what they do in their daily work, followed by asking questions related to your resume. He might challenge you on what you wrote in your resume, so prepared to justify why you tackle a problem in a specific way.