Morgan Stanley Quantitative Finance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

3.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. it took two weeks. Then I attended a written exam. One week later, I got an email said that I passed the exam. Then I was scheduled two rounds of phone interview, and one onsite. Failed the last one.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview. Several Math questions. Takes thirty minutes. First asked about whether following the market, the price of current stocks, interest rate, currency exchange rate etc. The first round was just math, by a probably low level recruiter.
    Six questions in thirty minutes. The interviewer recorded my answers. Finally, let you ask questions

Interview Questions

• Say you have one bacterium now. In any minute, each living one has a quarter chance of dieing, a quarter of staying still, a quarter of splitting into 2, and a quarter of splitting into 3.
      What is the probability of this species dieing out finally.   3 Answers

Application

Interview

I applied through my University career center. Got invited for a phone interview. First they asked about a project on my resume. Dow, MS stock price and USD/EUR exchange rate. Then they went on to some very difficult brainteasers and an easy option pricing question. My advice for those who interview for this position is to focus on brain teasers in your preparation.

Interview Questions

• Starting at 0.0.0 going to 3.3.3 and you can only move right, up or forward. How many paths are there to 3.3.3?   1 Answer

Quantitative Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Got interviews from the rates group in London. Pure technical interviews. Both 1st round and 2nd round lasted for almost an hour filled with questions related to option pricing, numerical methods, probability, fixed income products and C++.

Interview Questions

• What kind of methods could be use to reduce variation in Monte Carlo?   1 Answer